Dr. Monica Cisneros, DC

Dr. Monica Cisneros, DC

Chiropractic  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Monica Cisneros, DC is a chiropractor in Willowbrook, IL. She graduated from National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic and specializes in chiropractic, chiropractic rehabilitation, and more.Read her story

6715 Kingery Hwy

Willowbrook, IL 60527

• Beech Street (Multiplan)

Learn about Dr. Cisneros

Dr. Cisneros' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cisneros "I want to earn the respect and the referral of my medical colleagues and the trust of patients. I want to be given the opportunity to make a difference in a person's life. I want to build bridges in our medical community and step in the territory that is allowed by the medical profession, at the same time being given the opportunity to excel and show that chiropractic physicians have much to contribute to the healthcare of this country. I know that the chiropractic manipulation or adjustment has profound neurological effects and has the ability to restore joint function and other well documented advantages. However, the chiropractic manipulation/adjustment is not the "end all be all." The impact in chiropractic care is not in the noise an adjustment/manipulation produces, but in the neurological impulse in resetting neurological pathways and local receptions to facilitate healing and gate pain and recover function. I do not believe in adjusting/manipulating a spinal segment that does not need motion. I do not believe in adjusting head to toe. There has to be a need and a medical indication to proceed with an adjustment/manipulation. I feel very competent in being a chiropractor but I feel that my strength is being a physician. I am not competing with medical providers, I offer a different lens which I pride myself give a better integrative outcome for patients. I find that sometimes, chiropractor physicians are not understood. Let me further say, not all chiropractors are created equal. I pride myself in my education and my advanced training. Chiropractic physicians in Illinois are considered specialty for orthopedic and musculoskeletal cases that do not require specialized orthopedic care. However, the medical scope of chiropractors in Illinois is as primary care providers who can do anything except prescribe medications or perform surgery. What might seem, as a limitation is actually the greatest opportunity to be able to treat patients by initiating a healing cascade innate in each individual. I feel very competent to treat every patient that walks in my door. I do not have a specialty or concentrate in one medical conditions. That would be-being a hammer and treating every one as a nail. No, I believe that every patient is unique and if one takes our time to listen, to examine and to tie all the lose ends of the medical history the results are remarkable. If merited I will aim to correct metabolic imbalances and restore the biochemical control system to correct core clinical imbalances which arise (as cited on medical research) from malfunctions in biochemical and physiological controls. It is now understood that nutrient deficiency or insufficiency-related diseases are end products of a series of cellular biochemical adaptations that are cause y the lack of enzymatic cofactors. It is also known that detecting and treating illness at its earliest stages of cellular biochemical abnormality rather than waiting for the appearance of clear clinical symptoms reduces overall costs and patient complications by treatment of chronic diseases by metabolic correction. I am certified in the latest evidence-based therapies; offering state of the art facility; advanced laboratory and diagnostic test, and patient's tailored treatments for their biochemical individuality. Advanced credentialing in functional medicine is at the core of our philosophy to address underlying dysfunctions and dysregulations from cumulative biochemical effects or traumas and not limited to musculoskeletal conditions. Our treatment requires integrated medical model not limited to drugs and surgeries but effective interventions: manual therapies (manipulation and soft tissue technique), correctional exercise and rehabilitation, specialized orthomolecular and nutraceutical formulations and acupuncture. Vitamin, mineral, fatty acids, and nutrient supplements helps prevent chronic disease by numerous mechanisms including modulation of gene transcription, improving DNA repair and stability and enhancing metabolic efficiency."

This content was provided by Dr. Cisneros

I feel that the basis of any relationship is COMMUNICATION, honesty and transparency.  I treat every patient, as I want to be treated.   Words and touch have a healing power in themselves.

My healthcare approach is that we are all team players and that the role of the physician is to facilitate getting to the root of the problem but it is in the patient's hands to make the changes and commit to long term changes.

The greatest gift, a patient give me is their time and their stores.

Education and counseling is key in the success of my treatments.

I dislike to lecture to a patient or to prohibit.  Education empowers lasting changes.

I always ask patients 3 goals when they come to see me and my treatment circle around attaining those goals.

I only get ONE shot in earning a patient's trust and that to me is invaluable, therefore time to me is irrelevant.  I give patients what they need and when they need it.  If I need to spend 3 hours in my first encounter, I do.  Medicine is an art and is an unselfish gift to humanity.

Consent and refusal are choices and there are alternatives in the investigative and management approach.  Patient advised on the importance of the doctor-patient relation.  Throughout the care process, I discuss with patient alternative, risk and benefits of evaluation and treatment, including a review of likely outcomes if treatment is withheld.

I care for my patients.  "

• Chiropractic
  • Acupuncture
  • Applied Clinical Nutrition
  • Chiropractic Rehabilitation
  • Functional Medicine
  • Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
  • Orthopedic Chiropractic

Dr. Cisneros does not have any board certifications listed.

• Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique
  • Well Child Examination
  • Well Male Examination
  • Well Woman Health Examination
  • Wellness Coaching

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Chicago
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2003
  • National University Of Health Sciences / National College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Cisneros has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cisneros has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cisneros does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cisneros and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cisneros' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cisneros to family and friends
1 review

Dr. Cisneros' Performance

Dr. Cisneros Says:
"

Dear Patient:

Your feedback is extremely important to me.  I value your time and I appreciate any comments to improve my service to you and to every patient that walks through my door.

You can reach me via phone or email at any time.  Remember, I will always be here for you.

One never stops learning and sometime we learn by our mistakes or omissions.  There is always room to improve.

...