Monica Cengia, RD

Monica Cengia, RD

Dietetics  |
Monica Cengia, RD is a dietetics provider who practices in Centerville, OH. She is 60 years old. Read her story

7707 Paragon Rd Ste 105

Centerville, OH 45459

(937) 436-1985

Learn about Monica Cengia

Monica Cengia's bio

This content was provided by Monica Cengia "Licensed dietitian, nutrition counselor, certified diabetes educator and wellness advocate with 39 years of experience. Dedicated to individual and family counseling in my private practice for 32 years. Provide top quality nutrition care. Past hospital and long term care experience. Author of Food Focus newsletter sharing up-to-date nutrition news and research about the health benefits of foods. Awards: Ohio Dietetic Association Member Merit Award, Recognized Young Dietitian Award, Boost Worksite Wellness Program Award. Leadership Roles: Past President of the Dayton Dietetic Association, many past leadership roles for Ohio Dietetic Association & Dayton Dietetic Association. "

This content was provided by Monica Cengia "As a licensed dietitian nutritionist in private practice for 32 years I am dedicated to working with you on a plan to meet your personal and/or family goals.  A physician's order and lab results are helpful but not required. Please call to find out how nutrition counseling may benefit your situation. My philosophy is to respect your confidentiality, needs and goals as we work together to achieve success!"

• Dietetics
  • Nutrition
  • Nutrition Education

Monica Cengia does not have any board certifications listed.

• Celiac Disease

• Eating Management
  • Educational Therapy
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Weight Loss Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Loyola University Chicago
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Washington University, St Louis
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Certified Diabetes Educator
    Other Education | Completed 2001
  • University Of Dayton, Ms Ed and Mba
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Monica Cengia has no awards or honors listed.

Monica Cengia has no media or publications listed.

Monica Cengia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Monica Cengia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Monica Cengia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Monica Cengia to family and friends
Monica Cengia's Performance
Dayton, OH |
Monica was able to identify the foods that were causing my digestive issues in one visit! She listened to me and gave me recommendations. I have had two phone follow ups with Monica to make sure that the changes she suggested were making a difference. I had to pay out of pocket since the service was not covered under my insurance, and it was money well spent! I highly recommend Monica.
Dayton, OH |
To describe Monica: She is a wealth of information regarding health and nutrition. She did a very thorough interview with me regarding my health concerns and discussed a treatment plan with several options to explore. She never made me feel rushed and encouraged me to ask questions. Monica did a followup call to discuss my progress and later offered me product samples for me to try. If you are suffering from any digestive ailment or want to improve your overall health, I highly recommend Monica
Dayton, OH |
Monica obviously cares about her clients. She was professional, teaching not only the "what" of diabetic care, but the "why." She recognizes that people have to live in the world. She also follows through, connecting with her clients after the consultation to make sure that things are going as planned. I highly recommend her!
in Dayton, OH |
Monica Cengia was fantastic in the information that she provide me. I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and at the same time diabetes. I was obese and ate whatever I wanted up to this point. Monica took the time to teach me about Fat, Carbs, and Protein. This has been a God send. i now know what to look for before I eat. Fat is a killer because of Pancreatic cancer. Because of her help i am able to eat foods that taste good and work with all my new problems. Thank you.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Monica took the time to explain to me in detail how to manage celiac disease as well as finding appropriate foods for IBS. She was an invaluable resource after being diagnosed and I know I can always call her for an appointment if I am having trouble. She will call and follow up to see how I am handling my nutrition after appointments, and I know she has my best interests at heart. I would recommend her time after time.
Springboro, OH |
Monica is an excellent nutritionist. She is kind, caring, knowledgeable, competent, and, best of all, she goes the extra mile. I saw her once. My appointment was for 1 hour, and the fee was $150.00. My appointment lasted for 2 hours at the price of $150.00. During that time, she gave me lots of valuable information. After several months, she called me back and talked with me for 30 minutes about my progress. This call was free. She truly cares and wants to help you be healthy.
Dayton, OH |
My daughter was seen by Monica to assist her with ideas to gain weight. Monica took her time talking to me over the phone before scheduling an appointment to make sure she was the right fit. The appointment was great - very kind and thorough. Information given was clear and organized...and realistic. Our family doctor was very pleased with the format of the information given to us. After our appointment, Monica followed up with two phone calls offering additional support and ideas. Great!
Dayton, OH |
Monica is very thorough and knowledgable in reviewing her client's current eating habits, defining personal nutrition goals, and implementing a plan that works for each individual.
in Beavercreek, OH |
I have RA, Osteoarthritis and Thyroid that makes it hard to loose weight. I asked my Family Doctor to recommend a Dietitian to help me. So She highly recommended Monica Cengia Registered Dietitian. We met for an hour for our first visit. I'm really pleased with what we accomplished. I came away with my personal nutrition goals and the tools to help me achieve a healthier life. I looking forward to learning more from Monica. I
Columbus, OH |
She's very knowledgeable and patient. She was tremendous in helping me navigate not only the gluten free diet due to Celiac but she was also able to help me with the social aspects of eating with family and friends and as well as eating out.
in Dayton, OH |
I am experiencing a myriad of medical complications. I know that my weight only contributes to these issues. I found Monica Cengia on Healthgrades, and the reviews are 100 percent true. At the initial appointment, she took her time to explain all aspects of the lifestyle change I was tasked to undertake. She called me a few times after the initial appointment to check on my progress. In the first month, I lost approximately 8 pounds. Monica Cengia is empathetic and better than advertised!
in Beavercreek, OH |
Monica was extremely helpful with my transition to a gluten-free diet. She took the time to really explain all the details of what I needed to know instead of just covering the basics. She made me feel comfortable and I walked out of her office feeling positive about my new diet plan.
in Springboro, OH |
Monica was very helpful to me! She explained the diet plan I should use to eat healthy and feel better. She answered my questions and listened to me and made me feel like I was important to her and wanted to help me. I know I can call or go see her and she will be there to help me.
in Dayton, OH |
Monica is a wonderful resource for anyone that needs help managing chronic digestive diseases or conditions.She gives great advice for planning and customizing a balanced diet for people living with complex health problems! My appointments with Monica were very helpful with managing my GI disease. She's gives great advice and makes me feel comfortable talking about any topic. I definitely recommend her!
in Beavercreek, OH |
As a newly-diagnosed patient with celiac disease, Monica was HUGELY helpful in showing me what it means to be gluten-free and what pitfalls to look for. Even though I have an extensive cooking background, there was a lot I did not know. Monica answered questions I didn't even know I would have! She has also been helpful in answering followup questions and being a general sounding board for me.
in Dayton, OH |
Monica was very attentive and listened to my concerns, then was able to promptly put a plan in place that felt personalized. Her demeanor gave me confidence in her knowledge and ability to help me. She comes across as a very caring but intelligent care provider.
in Springboro, OH |
As most of us - we struggle with that last 10 pounds and soon it becomes the last 15 pounds. I hear about all of the different diets - but I wanted a specialist to tell me what I should be eating, why and when - without cutting out any food groups. In addition, I wanted to know what I should be cooking to keep my family healthy. I spoke to Monica for an hour and a half and she put me and my family on the right track. THANK YOU!! Worth every penny.
in Centerville, Ohio |
Easy to schedule an appointment and excellent service. She explains well and provide resources for your type of diet.
in Springboro |
Very informative. She is very caring and answers all questions. Truly cares and is a great asset to have.
Have you seen Monica Cengia, RD?
Are you Monica Cengia?