Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D

Clinical PsychologyMale

Clinical Psychology

Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D is a Clinical Psychologist in Newport Beach, CA. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D
260 Newport Center Dr Newport Beach, CA 92660 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"The Keil Psych Group is a highly rated psychotherapy practice in Newport Beach, CA. Our psychologists help people overcome anxiety, depression, relationship issues, trauma (PTSD), addiction, and stress in adults an..."

- Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Keil treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Keil's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Substance Abuse

Dr. Keil accepts

Dr. Keil accepts the following insurance:

We don’t accept HMO, we accept all PPO's.

Dr. Keil's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Keil

Dr. Keil

I have been in and out of therapy throughout my life, but my experience with Dr. Keil surpassed any other, because he taught me how to handle myself. I am so grateful for his wisdom, his kindness, his guidance and his patience. Often I think of a poem by Kahlil Gibran on Children, which states that parents are simply the bows and children the arrows. The bows guide the arrows, but once let go, the arrows choose the direction of their path. Dr. Keil, was my bow, and I feel at peace since I met him. I am truly grateful.
Hiba S – Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is absolutely amazing at what he does. Not all therapists are created equal, however, he is truly in a class of his own. From someone who had never been to therapy before, I was very nervous about trying it, and even more skeptical if it could actually work for me. Dr. Keil has the amazing ability to quickly understand you and almost instantly begins to make you feel more comfortable with the idea that he can help, and you will feel better. He has been truly a miracle worker for me and has 100% changed my life for the better. Dr. Keil quickly became a trusted friend, and his point of view and guidance proved to be invaluable. If you are reading this review and are feeling hesitant to reach out, pick up the phone immediately and leave him a message. You won’t ever regret it. It may take a bit of time to get on his very busy calendar, but he is absolutely worth the wait. Take it as a very good sign that he is so highly regarded that everyone wants to make an appointment. The rea
Jun 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr Keil was very helpful in helping me deal with a number of different issues that I have been living with for a long time. He is a very good compassionate listener. He gave me some strategies on how to deal with my anger, manage my relationships, and to calm my mind down and help me to focus. He has really changed my life in a very positive way. I'm glad I found him. I would definitely recommend him to any of my family and friends.
Tom F – May 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil has helped me so much over this past year. I struggled through depression, anxiety, and low self esteem. He has helped me overcome many obstacles in my life. I was nervous and worried when I went to my first session, but he was so easy to talk to and I felt like he understood me. I am so glad that I found him and if anyone is on the fence about going to therapy, I highly recommend Dr. Keil! He gave me the tools to thrive on my own. I cannot thank him enough for helping me!
Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Mitch changed my life! I came to him when I was in a really dark place and my family suggested therapy. I'm so glad I trusted the previous reviews left here, Mitch is warm, intelligent, and great at working through whatever I came to him with. The scope of different areas of my life that were positively impacted by him is honestly amazing. He helped me through the grief of losing loved ones as well as working through bad relationships. I can honestly say he is someone I would want any of my family or friends seeing for therapy. I am a better, stronger, more confident person after my time with him.
Brooke C – Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I was quite hesitant to begin with Dr. M.K. Having been sensitive to the judgement of others throughout my life, I was concerned that I would open up to him fully. His demeaner and desire to make comfortable so that you can trust him is wonderful. More importantly his ability to catalog each of your conversations is really something else. His knowledge and desire to help is the reason I would recommend him to anyone. After several months, we were able to get to the core of my issue and we have a working plan toward a lifetime resolution. I do miss my time with him, which really surprises me. Hopefully you will take the courageous step to engage with him. He is a great credit to his profession.
The Dancing Bear – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Took my son who has ADHD and was suicidal to Dr. Keil. He literally saved his life. I highly recommend Dr. Keil , he’s amazing!
B. Paz – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is worth everything. I would drive hours to stay his patient because the way he handles his patients is unparalleled to any therapist I have ever met. He provides peace when you're most vulnerable, and empathy when you feel lost and alone. If you truly want to be the healthiest version of you, he is the one to see, hands down.
Veronica – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil was extremely helpful in providing insight and tools to help me support myself in my situation. He was kind, a great listener and extremely intuitive. I would recommend him to anyone in need. He has great insight into dealing with adolescent issues. It is obvious how highly invested he in his profession to truly understand his patients and helping them.
N/A – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I have been seeing Dr. Keil for the last six months. Mitch is a truly unique and talented Doctor. He takes the time to "listen" and dig deeper to understand root causes and underlying issues. I leave each session feeling like I have actually accomplished something and have a plan, along with homework, to address and enact a longer term solution. I honestly and sincerely could not recommend him more enthusiastically.
Christian S – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I met with Mitch weekly for about 7 months following the passing of my father (I'm only stopping now because I'm moving away for school) and every week my session with him was something to look forward to. Regardless if we were talking through the grief of my loss or discussing general philosophy, I always left feeling like I had a productive hour. I truly believe that I am better off today than I would have been without him helping me through my grief and dealings with my family healthily.
Michael M – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
As someone who has been to multiple therapists and psychiatrists throughout my life, Dr. Keil is easily the kindest and most thoughtful one I've seen. It's not usually easy for me to open up and talk about my feelings, but he really makes it easy for his patients. I have never been around someone who was so easy to connect with. When you talk, it's clear that he's listening to you and truly cares what you're saying. It's almost like you're talking to an old friend. I would recommend Dr. Keil to anyone in a heartbeat. There is no problem you have that's too big for him to tackle alongside you. Five stars are not enough! Thank you, Dr. Keil!!!
Andrew A – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
To walk into Mitch's space is to be welcomed into a warm, safe place alive with every possibility to shed everything you are not and to evolve and become everything you really are and desire to be. His enormous heart is matched by his brilliant mind and great spirit. I highly value Mitch's feedback in my life.
Sande S – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I've been seeing and talking to Dr. Keil for more than 6 months. He helped me navigate through challenging times and I'm glad we can continue to discuss philosophical questions about the meaning of life. He is flexible with his schedule and just a text message away in case of emotional emergencies. I'm grateful I found Dr. Keil, and want to encourage everyone dealing with a traumatic life event to not be shy to reach out to him. Good luck!
Matt M – Sep 22, 2019
Matt M. – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr keil saved my young adult son from sinking in deep depression. He found hope from the first session and volunteerly opened up to him. He was looking forward for each and every appointment with Dr. Keil and was able to find himself back again . He is a life saver and my family is thankful of him for ever.
Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is friendly, supportive and professional with a genuine empathy and human insight. He quickly understood my situation at our very first session by asking the right questions and allowing me to talk. His naturally friendly and inviting personality helped me feel comfortable in a trusting atmosphere. Although he was always very supportive, he also encouraged me to move on when it was time.
Marianne – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is wonderful and really helped get my life back on track. If you're at all skeptical about seeing a therapist for the first time (as I was), Dr. Keil may be who you're looking for. Seeing Dr. Keil feels like talking with a friend who has great advise and no judgement or desire to change you into something you're not. Dr. Keil helped me become a better version of myself in a manner that made me feel comfortable and in control. Highly recommended.
CMO – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Keil and am full of gratitude for the the positive changes I've experienced since I became his patient in January. I found Dr. Keil's practice after going through a divorce and felt pretty lost emotionally. I had never been to therapy and was unsure of what to expect but he made me feel very comfortable and was so easy to talk to. He is extremely knowledgeable and humble and empathetic; he genuinely cares and it shows. I've gained so much strength and peace these last 8 months, along with a new attitude of mindfulness. Thank you so much Dr. K!
Erin – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Mitch is a true healer - he's got that energy and presence. I benefited greatly from being in therapy with him.
Daniel – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Keil?