Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology •  Male

Dr. Keil
Telehealth services available
260 Newport Center Dr Newport Beach, CA 92660

Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D is a Clinical Psychologist in Newport Beach, CA. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Keil to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

See similar Clinical Psychologists in Newport Beach

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Keil accepts

Dr. Keil accepts the following insurance:

We don’t accept HMO, we accept all PPO's.

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Keil treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Keil's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Substance Abuse

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D...

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Keil's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Keil

Dr. Keil?
I was quite hesitant to begin with Dr. M.K. Having been sensitive to the judgement of others throughout my life, I was concerned that I would open up to him fully. His demeaner and desire to make comfortable so that you can trust him is wonderful. More importantly his ability to catalog each of your conversations is really something else. His knowledge and desire to help is the reason I would recommend him to anyone. After several months, we were able to get to the core of my issue and we have a working plan toward a lifetime resolution. I do miss my time with him, which really surprises me. Hopefully you will take the courageous step to engage with him. He is a great credit to his profession.
The Dancing Bear – Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Took my son who has ADHD and was suicidal to Dr. Keil. He literally saved his life. I highly recommend Dr. Keil , he’s amazing!
B. Paz – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is worth everything. I would drive hours to stay his patient because the way he handles his patients is unparalleled to any therapist I have ever met. He provides peace when you're most vulnerable, and empathy when you feel lost and alone. If you truly want to be the healthiest version of you, he is the one to see, hands down.
Veronica – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil was extremely helpful in providing insight and tools to help me support myself in my situation. He was kind, a great listener and extremely intuitive. I would recommend him to anyone in need. He has great insight into dealing with adolescent issues. It is obvious how highly invested he in his profession to truly understand his patients and helping them.
N/A – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I have been seeing Dr. Keil for the last six months. Mitch is a truly unique and talented Doctor. He takes the time to "listen" and dig deeper to understand root causes and underlying issues. I leave each session feeling like I have actually accomplished something and have a plan, along with homework, to address and enact a longer term solution. I honestly and sincerely could not recommend him more enthusiastically.
Christian S – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I met with Mitch weekly for about 7 months following the passing of my father (I'm only stopping now because I'm moving away for school) and every week my session with him was something to look forward to. Regardless if we were talking through the grief of my loss or discussing general philosophy, I always left feeling like I had a productive hour. I truly believe that I am better off today than I would have been without him helping me through my grief and dealings with my family healthily.
Michael M – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
As someone who has been to multiple therapists and psychiatrists throughout my life, Dr. Keil is easily the kindest and most thoughtful one I've seen. It's not usually easy for me to open up and talk about my feelings, but he really makes it easy for his patients. I have never been around someone who was so easy to connect with. When you talk, it's clear that he's listening to you and truly cares what you're saying. It's almost like you're talking to an old friend. I would recommend Dr. Keil to anyone in a heartbeat. There is no problem you have that's too big for him to tackle alongside you. Five stars are not enough! Thank you, Dr. Keil!!!
Andrew A – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
To walk into Mitch's space is to be welcomed into a warm, safe place alive with every possibility to shed everything you are not and to evolve and become everything you really are and desire to be. His enormous heart is matched by his brilliant mind and great spirit. I highly value Mitch's feedback in my life.
Sande S – Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I've been seeing and talking to Dr. Keil for more than 6 months. He helped me navigate through challenging times and I'm glad we can continue to discuss philosophical questions about the meaning of life. He is flexible with his schedule and just a text message away in case of emotional emergencies. I'm grateful I found Dr. Keil, and want to encourage everyone dealing with a traumatic life event to not be shy to reach out to him. Good luck!
Matt M – Sep 22, 2019
Matt M. – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr keil saved my young adult son from sinking in deep depression. He found hope from the first session and volunteerly opened up to him. He was looking forward for each and every appointment with Dr. Keil and was able to find himself back again . He is a life saver and my family is thankful of him for ever.
Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is friendly, supportive and professional with a genuine empathy and human insight. He quickly understood my situation at our very first session by asking the right questions and allowing me to talk. His naturally friendly and inviting personality helped me feel comfortable in a trusting atmosphere. Although he was always very supportive, he also encouraged me to move on when it was time.
Marianne – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Keil is wonderful and really helped get my life back on track. If you're at all skeptical about seeing a therapist for the first time (as I was), Dr. Keil may be who you're looking for. Seeing Dr. Keil feels like talking with a friend who has great advise and no judgement or desire to change you into something you're not. Dr. Keil helped me become a better version of myself in a manner that made me feel comfortable and in control. Highly recommended.
CMO – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Keil and am full of gratitude for the the positive changes I've experienced since I became his patient in January. I found Dr. Keil's practice after going through a divorce and felt pretty lost emotionally. I had never been to therapy and was unsure of what to expect but he made me feel very comfortable and was so easy to talk to. He is extremely knowledgeable and humble and empathetic; he genuinely cares and it shows. I've gained so much strength and peace these last 8 months, along with a new attitude of mindfulness. Thank you so much Dr. K!
Erin – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Dr. Mitch is a true healer - he's got that energy and presence. I benefited greatly from being in therapy with him.
Daniel – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
After going through a mix of depression, an unexpected career change, and having the holidays approaching I decided to seek professional help and guidance. I picked Dr. Keil as a psychologist because, although he looks young, his background and experience were solid. More importantly, to me, the ease of booking and website made my first step towards help an easy one. We worked together for just over four months. He was attentive and genuine, but overall very professional. He has a deep understanding of the service he is providing and he was always prepared for our sessions. The sessions have had a tremendous impact on my life and things have gotten better. I would highly recommend Dr. Keil to anyone in the Orange County area looking for a psychologist. You'll thank yourself later for taking the time to find the help you need.
Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I'm not huge on therapy in the first place. Sure Freud was a genius and the science behind understanding our mood has improved a lot. But the risk of charlatans is just simply so high. and how would you know. My previous brief experience with a therapist in Laguna, I felt manipulated right away. My experience with Mitch was literally mind blowing. Practically he helped me through the most important work transitions of my career (think going from future partner of Mr Robot's E corp to start an Econ PhD at 41). In a very effective and rather short period of time he helped me restore my confidence and my natural mojo (from having pretty much totally lost it - I was nearly depressed). I think his secret sauce is 100% commitment to listening during the hour we spend together. Total empathy for his patients. Total humanity. I really believe he is an amazing human being full stop. I felt no judgement and total support...I've recommended Mitch to some of my friends. He's a gem.
JB in CA – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I am very happy to have found Dr. Keil. I had been putting off speaking to someone professionally regarding anxiety and felt frustrated and unsupported by the resources available through my health care medical group. Reaching out to him through his website, Dr. Keil got back to me the same day, gave me information regarding how his sessions work, what they cost, and we were able to schedule a session quickly. Dr. Keil is as good as it gets - a great listener, wise, and very insightful.
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
Mitch helped me take what I thought was a doomed marriage and revitalize it entirely. Thank you so much. It was hard taking a look at myself but he helped me to identify some deeper, important issues and make changes based on these insights. In the end, I felt like I re-married my wife and am very grateful for his help.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?
I had a great experience with Dr. Keil. My favorite part about him is that he doesn't try to act like a therapist, I found him to be very real and genuine. I gained a lot from therapy and found a way to work with and get past anxiety that had been holding me back for a long time. A friend highly suggested that I see him and I am glad that I did.
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mitchell Keil, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Keil?

The Keil Psych Group is a highly rated psychotherapy practice in Newport Beach, CA. Our psychologists help people overcome anxiety, depression, relationship issues, trauma (PTSD), addiction, and stress in adults and adolescents.

Therapy h...

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Psychology
  • Relationship Counseling

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Keil communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Keil offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Keil offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Keil have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Keil offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Keil offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (714) 334-5497