Miryam Mejia, LMFT

Miryam Mejia, LMFT

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Miryam Mejia, LMFT is a counselor in Monterey, CA. She specializes in counseling, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.Read her story

801 Lighthouse Ave Ste 212

• CareSource
  • Magellan Health Services

Learn about Miryam Mejia

Miryam Mejia's bio

This content was provided by Miryam Mejia "I have worked as a case manager and counselor for nearly 15 years. My life experience informs my treatment decisions. I also use neuroscience as evidence to convince clients that you can "think yourself well". HObbies include: Netflix, cooking and reading"

This content was provided by Miryam Mejia "As counselor with a social work background and a caregiver myself, I have the wisdom and empathy to teach other people the tools for coping better. Depression and anxiety are universal, but caregiving is a special stressor. You are not alone! I bring with me more than ten years of wit, wisdom, trade secrets and empathy to my work as a counselor. Get support at home! Open up your heart and I'll come to your home any time to cheer you, console you and advise! Visit me counseling-monterey.com"

• Counseling
  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Case Management
  • Christian Counseling
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Mental Health

Miryam Mejia does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• California State University Monterey Bay
  • Multiple Sclerosis Quality Of Life Project
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Chapman College
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Miryam Mejia has no awards or honors listed.

Miryam Mejia has no media or publications listed.

Miryam Mejia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Miryam Mejia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Miryam Mejia's Reviews

2.3
Likelihood of recommending Miryam Mejia to family and friends

Miryam Mejia's Performance

GOOD

HORRIBLE. RUN! Spare yourself from her rudeness, bizarre and unprofessional behavior. I don't know how she was ever licensed to become a counselor. My husband missed ONE appointment and she sent a CERTIFIED letter threatening letter to our home telling us she was going to send this to a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
She is very talented in making you feel stupid. Kept laughing inappropriately during session
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0
Rude and judgmental
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option0

Sometimes customers don't find a good fit with a clinician. Perhaps my bluntness and highly structuredmethods wasn't compatible with this person's need.INtake paperwork is usually sent several days ahead of time to prepare oneself for directive brief therapy. In future I will continue to ask customers many questions. All people's time is valuable. Sometimes it is better to strip away the denial, if It is obvious and get to problem solving immediately particularly with couples' therapy.

I am a tough guy who doesn't open up to everybody. She knew right way that I had let myself be pushed around by strong women my whole life. Although she gently prodded me by giving me "between session selfwork" aka homework. Privately I could reveal my feelings. When i'd see her again I'd have good...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2
MIryam is the best therapist I've had. She has pushed me to become the person I wanted to be: a happier, more confident individual who now is a better partner and parent.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2

Nearby providers with similar experience

Marriage & Family Therapy