Dr. Miriam Furlong, DMD

Dr. Miriam Furlong, DMD

Orthodontics  ·
Female

Dr. Miriam Furlong, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Jackson, NJ and has been practicing for 20 years. She practices orthodontics.Read her story

Jackson Orthodontics

186 W Veterans Hwy

Jackson, NJ 08527

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Furlong

Video

Dr. Furlong's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Furlong "Each day at the office I get the opportunity to meet with some of the brightest, most talented and kind people in the community. I enjoy when they share their stories, and reading about them in the local papers. I’m truly inspired by my patients. I am very fortunate to treat healthy, happy patients who appreciate what I am able to do for them. I can honestly say that I get as excited as them about their smiles! I have had several former patients visit me to ask for career advice or to job shadow. I consider it a huge compliment that they value my opinion, and it is heart-warming to know that I made such a good impression on them. It is important for me to be able to educate my patients so they can be active participants in their treatment. I base my recommendations on the most current scientific research, and my priorities are safety, comfort, and effectiveness. There will always be a new product or technique on the market that I will learn about, but may not necessarily use in my practice if it doesn’t benefit my patients enough. I grew up in Jackson, where I live with my husband Mike and our two sons, Alex and Jonathan. When I’m not working, I’m doing household chores, working out at the gym, or going out to eat with family or friends. I enjoy my time exercising, and it has been my stress therapy for over 25 years. In fact, I’m a certified fitness instructor, and that was my job during all of my years in school. I also love eating exotic foods and trying new things. Taking on leadership roles in my professional associations and in my community has helped me help others beyond my patients, which is personally and professionally rewarding. My office is active in the community, and we find fun and creative ways to get children and parents engaged. Besides sponsoring local teams and organizations, we invite groups to come for educational field trips to learn about dental health, and we visit schools for career and health fairs. The “Miriam T. Furlong Award for Women in Medicine” $500 scholarship is given to two graduating female students, and we provide pro-bono treatment to children in need each year. My husband and I grew up here, and we’re raising our family here, so this community is near and dear to our hearts."

This content was provided by Dr. Furlong "Our Mission-To provide an experience that exceeds all expectations, including exceptional care in a friendly and professional environment, with maximum efficiency.

-To promote health and wellness not only in our office, but also to the community through service and support of local organizations.

-Attention to detail is what sets us apart. The joy of working to help others keeps us together."

1  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Georgian Court University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • New Jersey Dental School At U.M.D.N.J.
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Montefiore Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Furlong has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Furlong has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Furlong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Furlong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Furlong's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Furlong

0.31645569620253167%

Dr. Furlong?
Dr. Furlong's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Furlong?