Dr. Miri Ingwer, DPT

Dr. Miri Ingwer, DPT

Physical Therapy  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Miri Ingwer, DPT is a physical therapist in Boca Raton, FL. She specializes in physical therapy and orthopedic physical therapy.Read her story

6971 N Federal Hwy Ste 305

Boca Raton, FL 33487

• ChoiceCare Network
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Ingwer

Dr. Ingwer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ingwer "I began my PT education at the University of Tel Aviv and Tel Hashomer hospital in 1979 in Israel. I returned to the United States in 1985 and completed a Bachelors of Arts degrees in Human Communications at Hunter College in NYC. I continued on with my education attending Hunter College Physical Therapy program graduating Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Health Sciences in PT. Upon completing my education in NY, I relocated to Florida where I worked at Pinecrest Rehab in Outpatient Neuro treating neurological diagnoses including post CVA, post Spinal Cord Injury and Brain Injury. In 1997 I changed directions and began taking courses with the Institute of Physical Art (IPA) and completed certification in 2005. In 2006, with a different vision on what I felt PT should look like, I chose to open my own facility and created Absolute Rehab Therapy (ART), a small outpatient PT practice in Boca Raton Florida. In 2013 I culminated my education with a transitional doctorate degree with the University of Des Moines. I continue to expand my knowledge and arsenal of treatment techniques through continuing education. As I believe in the advancement of the PT profession I believe it is important to be a member of my professional organization - the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), as well as the Private Practice Section of the APTA, and the Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy Section of the APTA. I have a passion for my profession and being able to assist my patients - whether they are high end athletes that need to improve their performance or just the weekend warrior that wants to improve their golf game and decrease the effects of aging."

This content was provided by Dr. Ingwer "Treating patients from the source, rather than the subjective complaint, facilitates getting  patients better, faster.   Pain is an important factor to address, but it is only once aspect of treating you. When pain is managed then we can start treating the underlying causes.  We approach each patient individually, performing a thorough mechanical assessment/evaluation of the whole body and the effects of compensatory movement strategies that have been created either from trauma/injury or postural bad habits that create stress and strain on the body.  Once the cause is determined we begin a process of addressing soft tissue and joint dysfunction, restoring the bio-mechanical system to it's optimum efficient form.  This together with neuromuscular re-education, patient education and a comprehensive home exercise program will help patients return to improved movement, allow for increased efficiency in muscle recruitment, and improve strength and stability for maximum function.  "

• Physical Therapy
  • Orthopedic Physical Therapy

Dr. Ingwer does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Injury

• Tel Hashomer (Sheeba) Med Ctr
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Hunter College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994

Dr. Ingwer has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ingwer has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Hebrew

Dr. Ingwer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ingwer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ingwer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ingwer

Dr. Ingwer?
Dr. Ingwer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Miri Ingwer, DPT
Far superior than any physical therapist I’ve ever experienced. She not only did a full evaluation on the first visit, she was also able to pinpoint the cause of my pain and relieve much of my pain on the first visit. I learned proper biomechanics as well as exercises that I could perform at home...Read More
Patients like you make us always want to excel at...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Miri Ingwer, DPT?

How was your experience with Dr. Ingwer?