Dr. Ming Yang, PHD

Acupuncture •  Female

Dr. Yang

Acupuncture & Oriental Health Care, LLC

1737 Chestnut St Ste 200 Philadelphia, PA 19103

Dr. Ming Yang, PHD is a Acupuncturist in Philadelphia, PA and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from West China University of Medical Sciences medical school in 1981. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yang to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

See similar Acupuncturists in Philadelphia

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Yang accepts

Dr. Yang accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Yang treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Yang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yang

3.1914893617021276%

Dr. Yang?
I am so grateful to Dr Yang! I was in bad shape when I first came to her.  I was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. I had fallen after fainting, so my lower back was extremely painful. I couldn't walk at one point due to the pain, I was on oxycodone. I started chemo so I was dealing with Pain, Nausea, dizziness , depression, anxiety, backache, feet pain, shoulder and neck tightness, and bad headaches, food aversion, problems going to the restroom,  insomnia, weight loss, I was weak, I didn't get my period anymore from the chemo.   After just a few sessions I started feeling so much better! My head stopped hurting, my nausea went away, my depression was much less, the anxiety lessened and I was able to eat. I started getting better and better! I even got my period again. I stopped taking all my medications, except chemo, and I am doing great! I also got jaundice during my treatments and I truly believe that Dr. Yang assisted on shorten the days it lasted.  So grateful to Dr. Yang.
Thida – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I was searching for help with a skin issue and I read Dr Yang’s reviews on the Internet but was a bit skeptical about acupuncture. I finally went a year later to see her and the experience was quite rewarding. Dr Yang is proficient at her craft and the treatment was therapeutic, as it was very effective in reducing my anxiety, depression, chest pains and hot flashes after four sessions. More work is required to address the skin issue but acupuncture has worked well to balance the body. She was always very patient and provided valuable information that worked in conjunction with the therapy. Great experience! So feel free to give it a try.
cp – Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
Excellent Interaction with patient. Kindness, Nutritional advice.
Steve P – Mar 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I began acupuncture appointments with Dr Yang initially to seek help with managing my frequent and intense hot flashes due to menopause. Her treatments eliminated my hot flashes in just 4 sessions -- I now only need to have sessions once every two weeks to maintain. I've not had any hot flashes for 8 months now. I also had her treat my lower back pain, hip pain (due to arthritis), and digestion -- all of which have been significantly improved because of her treatment. She is extremely knowledgeable about acupuncture and also counsels me on other lifestyle changes. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking an acupuncturist.
KM Davis – Dec 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I've been seeing Dr. Yang almost a year. I'm in my 30s and have suffered with chronic anxiety for years, but reached my breaking point when my father died. I was skeptical at first because of the frequency of the treatments, but stuck with the recommended schedule and am so glad I did. I'm at a point where I really just enjoy the experience and see Dr. Yang every three weeks to a month, schedule permitting. However, when I tried to push the schedule out too early in my treatment, I could actually feel the difference during my sessions. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find my insurance covers acupuncture at both in-network and out-of-network (post deductible) rates, so definitely look into it. My headaches have also been cured and Dr Yang has even helped me with my seasonal allergies/congestion. It's a VERY holistic approach (diet and exercise included) compared to say, community acupuncture, where it's just a few needles. My treatment usually includes 40+ needles head to toe.
Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
treatments with Dr. Ming Yang was very helpful. She helps to reduce my stress and my pain. Highly recommended!!!
Rich – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I finished treatment for breast ca this spring and started experiencing hot flashes upon beginning the med Tamoxifen. The hot flashes were morning, noon and night. They were frequent and some nights I would wake up countless times. I was given Dr Yang’s name thru a wonderful organization called Unite For Her. From this, I was able to consult with Dr Yang and receive acupuncture sessions. After about 2 sessions I began to feel relief. My hot flashes became less frequent the more I went. I couldn’t believe it, I was amazed! I am currently down to only a couple of hot flashes per day and I am sleeping thru the night. Not only is Dr Yang good at what she does, she is also very kind and compassionate and I look forward to seeing her at each visit. If anyone is thinking of trying acupuncture please try it and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Stephanie – Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I began seeing Dr Yang after treatments for breast cancer left me with significant side effects. Fatigue vertigo neuropathy and more. I had some success with acupuncture in the past with a different practitioner in a different state. From the first session I realized Dr. Yang's protocol was very different than my previous practitioner. She used many more needles and included the whole body. I had a significant reduction in all my symptoms especially my vertigo. My neuropathy has also improved. My fatigue is better. I am still taking hormone medication which has several side effects that she is treating as well. My acid reflux is gone. I am no longer taking all the meds I was taking for allergy's, dizziness, acid reflux and blood press
RD – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I met Dr. Yang the summer of 2014 when I was just placed out of work due to developing an anaphylactic allergic reaction to hospital grade chemicals. I was a nurse for 10 years and exposed to A LOT of different chemicals. Over the years my body developed a respiratory sensitivity that in turn lead to this severe allergy. My body was so toxic from the frequent inhalation of these chemicals that I was in bed for thirty days unable to eat and also experiencing severe panic attacks. When a friend referred Dr. Yang I contacted her immediately desperate for help. The next day she scheduled me and within 3 treatments my appetite was back 100% I was able to breathe easier, and the panic was 50% better. I continue to see Dr. Yang over the course of the month and after the month my anxiety was relived 100%, I was up active and feeling GREAT. I was sleeping the best I had in years, and my overall energy was incredible. I continue to see Dr. Yang as needed. She truly has perfected this treatment.
Jessica – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
Dr Yang’s treatment have been amazing. She has eliminated my migraines of 30+ years after just a few Treatments. My anxiety levels have been reduced and sleep quality has improved. I couldn’t be happier or more satisfied. Her recommendation to eliminate ‘pipe water’ and used only filtered water has made a big difference. I highly recommend her to people with these issues and many others detailed on her website.
Bruce E. in NJ – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
Dr. Yang has not just been easing my pain but also improving my overall health conditions through her acupuncture treatment. I feel I'm getting healthier at every visit. I truly believe that her acupuncture would treat any health issue or condition you may suffer from, from a chronical pain through cancer, so effectively without any side effects. Thank you, Dr. Yang.
Mayumi – Jan 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I have struggled with anxiety and acid reflux for years. In just one visit with Dr. Yang I felt better. After 6 weeks, I am calm, no longer gasping for breath and have been able to eat more freely. She will tell you your options for treatment and support your choices. At each visit, she reviews how you've been so you can raise new concerns. She is very attentive and cares about your overall health and energy. Seeing Dr. Yang is the best decision I have made for my health.
Patricia in Marlton, NJ – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I started receiving treatment from Dr. Yang on August 3rd, of this year. I had sever back and neck pain. As of today, October 15, 2018, I am happy to report that I have no back pain and my neck pain is minimal. Her treatments worked wonders for me. I have had multiple physical theory sessions, for the same ailments, on and off, for over three years, with little to no success. Dr. Yang's treatments have been a blessing to me and I recommend her to anyone who is suffering from chronic pai
Joyce Canty – Oct 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I want to express how wonderful Dr. Yang is with her patients. I am a cancer survivor and with her help with acupuncture it has help me with a lot of pain and discomforts that my body was experiencing. She is very thorough with questions and concerns for all her patients. I highly recommend Dr. Yang for any problems you may have with your body. Dr. Yang thank you for all you have done for me.
Beverly in Voorhees, NJ – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
A holistic integrative approach to the art & science of acupuncture combined with a vast medical knowledge provides a uniquely superior healing experience for the mind, body and spirit. I had 9-10/10 constant neck & back pain in 10/17, (MVA 12/16)after twice /wk treatments over 9 months, I'm presently @ 2-3/10 occasional pain & twice/month treatments, I feel whole & alive. I have averted surgery advised by neurosurgeon, walk a mile, ride a bike, beach with grand-kids. Thank you Dr. Ming Yang.
Nurse Practitioner EDD in Atlantic City, NJ – Sep 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I have been going to Dr. Yang since November 2016 for chronic back and neck pain. I used to go for expensive epidural shots but i no longer have health insurance. She works wonders! Im not completely pain free but very close to it. No shots, icy hot or tylenol required. Thank you Dr. Yang!
Daniel in Buena , NJ – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
Dr. Yang help me to quit smoking. I smoke 2-3 packs per day for almost 20 years. After only 2 treatments I no longer smoke and fell great.
Eric Mitchell in Sewell, NJ – Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
After 7 sessions with Dr Yang I no longer have the pain in my stomach and back where everything was blocked. I can eat again! Before I had to watch everything I ate, or not eat at all, just so I wouldn’t get worse. I hardly have a migraine. My emotions are so much better. Who knew it was the other way around, that this condition could affect how I felt as much as the other way around. I am also almost at a spot where I can go 1-3 times a day all by myself. No laxatives! So happy I found her!
Cynthia in Wilmington – May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
Dr. Yang helped me with recovery post breast surgery after early stage cancer. My energy level and well being improved significantly after her treatments. She has very thorough approach to assess variety of lifestyle and nutrition factors and I found her advice very helpful.
Olga in Phila – Apr 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?
I am a patient of Dr. Yang for over 3 years and my life has changed drastically. I have been dealing with migraines for over 10 years. Dr. Ming Yang has helped me decrease the amount of migraines and I no longer need to take my preventative medication that I used to take everyday. She has helped me get my life back and I am extremely grateful for all she does to help me. She truly cares about her patients and wants to help them anyway she can. I highly recommend Dr. Ming Yang.
Alexis in Marlton, NJ – Apr 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ming Yang, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yang?

Patients Are Our Top Priority

ABOUT DR. MING YANG

Dr. Ming Yang is a practitioner with a unique educational and training background. With her over 38 years of training...

• Acupuncture