Michelle Hintz, PSY

Michelle Hintz, PSY

Clinical Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Michelle Hintz, PSY is a clinical psychologist in Hollywood, FL and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from Carlos Albizu University in 2005 and specializes in clinical psychology, developmental-behavioral pediatrics, and more.Read her story

450 N Park Rd Ste 400

Hollywood, FL 33021

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • LifeSynch

Learn about Michelle Hintz

Michelle Hintz's bio

This content was provided by Michelle Hintz "New clients are often pleasantly surprised that I am easy to talk to, approachable, and encouraging. I became a psychologist in order to better treat the 'whole' person given that my expertise was in using music therapy interventions to facilitate change. I have a Masters degree in music therapy as well as a Masters degree and Doctorate in psychology. My work has encompassed birth thru retirement-aged individuals. Given that I have 2 small children myself, I use my knowledge of current social media and childhood interests as a bridge toward developing trust and rapport with children and teens. In my work, I look for the client's strengths, their interests, and their goals to inform treatment. My philosophy is to help clients discover their own passions, their inner wisdom, and believe in their goals. What sets me apart from other clinical psychologists is that I am open-minded, and form my own opinions about presenting problems. I strive to uncover stones left unturned, am slow to make assumptions about why issues are present, and consider it a privilege to work with others. I take pride in my clients' accomplishments as they become aware of options they had previously overlooked, find their own inner strength, and reclaim their control. I also enjoy the process of supervising new clinicians as they embark in their professions. I use a personal and psychodynamic approach to supervision while also fostering improved clinical understanding of their clients. Supervising also affords me the opportunity to share my knowledge and insights with therapists which is transferred to the clients they treat. Making personal changes is never easy, especially when they ultimately upset typical patterns of interaction with others. But, we navigate rough waters together and even anticipate the struggles ahead."

This content was provided by Michelle Hintz "I believe that there are multiple paths towards becoming the person we wish to be. I incorporate creative & interactive approaches in my work with children & their families. As a board-certified music therapist, I often use music and play with younger children to affect positive changes in behavior and emotional development. I strive to provide a continuum of care to clients in my care & work collaboratively with other providers to ensure open communication to promote the best possible outcome."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Music Therapy
  • Psychology
  • Psychotherapy

Michelle Hintz does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Assessment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• Private Practice With Samantha Carella
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Temple University
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Michelle Hintz has no awards or honors listed.

Michelle Hintz has no media or publications listed.

Michelle Hintz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Michelle Hintz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Michelle Hintz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Michelle Hintz to family and friends
10 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Michelle Hintz's Performance

Michelle Hintz Says:

Our mission is to provide quality clinical interventions that promote optimal functioning and success of every client. Every family that comes to my practice is important to me & my team. Because we evaluate & diagnose children, it can be very painful for parents hear & may even contradict clinical impressions from other disciplines. It is always difficult to tell parents that their child has a serious clinical condition

Excellent. She is on top of everything. Great with kids. I am extremely happy with her and her office's treatment of my son.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Michelle Hintz?