Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD

NeuropsychologyMale

Dr. Santa Maria
Telehealth services available
445 Tremont St Ste 323 North Tonawanda, NY 14120

Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in North Tonawanda, NY. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Santa Maria to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Dr. Santa Maria's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Santa Maria

3.3

Dr. Santa Maria?
  • Staff friendliness (29)
  • Appointment scheduling (26)
  • Wait times (25)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (15)
  • Office environment (12)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (12)
a minute ago I was diagnosed with level 1 autism by a very thorough doctor and a psychologist who specializes in Spectrum Disorders when I was 23. Seven years later, I am looking for assistance in independent living due to terrible executive function. The OPWDD referred us to Dr. Santa Maria for a re-evaluation. The first meeting was HIGHLY uncomfortable and the doctor often waved off information given. It was incredibly brief and not at all thorough. Nothing was asked about sensory issues or my developmental history at all. The second visit for testing was also 1/4th the time I spent with my first doctor where I was tested for memory, attention to detail, attention, and pattern recognition (most of which are high in autistic individuals such as myself.) My mother reports filling out surveys of my developmental abilities, but I was not asked about these - the only psychological evaluation I was given was for depression. Despite my developmental scores being in the fourth pecentile,
Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
My husband went to Dr. Santa Maria recently and he was very helpful. The staff was friendly. I would highly recommend.
Tammy – Jan 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I highly recommend Dr. Santa Maria. His staff was extremely nice and friendly. Dr. Santa Maria made me feel very comfortable and was a pleasure to work with.
Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I have worked with Dr. Santa Maria a few times since 2014. He is extremely professional and very pleasant. I would absolutely refer Dr. Santa Maria to anyone, especially friends and family. His professionalism and integrity are second to none!
Jason – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
My son was recently evaluated by the team at Dr. Santa Maria office and our experience from the begging to the end was fabulous. The staff are kind and accommodating over the phone, the evaluator was exceptional with my son and Dr. Santa Maria listened to all my concerns and it was evident in the report that he completed.
Melissa Salamon – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I have been to many child psychologists for my son.. not only is Dr Santa-maria a fabulous doctor.. he diagnosed things others missed and put our child in the right direction with the right services. Best doctor ever!
Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
The evaluation was helpful and the staff was friendly.
May 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
Dr. Santa Maria is very thorough and knowledgeable. There's a reason he's the guy around here who does exams for NFL players and pilots to get their FAA license. Dr. Santa Maria helped me incredibly after my head injury.
Brad W. – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
He's really knowledgeable about so many things, not just the brain and learning problems, but also a lot of local resources and how to access them.
Jody – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
Go anywhere else but here. Not helpful and very arrogant. Missing the real issues. Only interested in payment from insurance. Then billing was a big joke too!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
Likes to be right.Makes mistakes from historical medical records. Doesn't listen. Pompous, works for insurance companies not patients.His erroneous 10 min.eval. ended my cog.nuero.coverage. It was full of errors.It said to bring meds to eval,when I took them out,he said he didn't need to see them.my meds. R pre packaged in daily doses.I cannot manage them.He wrote I manage my meds~?WRONG so,I was informed state farm was no longer paying for my TBI or meds,How reckless! I need to be tapered by Dr
Rochester , NY – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I had to be evaluated by this dr.due to my car insurance request. I have a premiun medical motor vehicle policy,& they are apparently tired of paying for the minimal costs of my meds.So,this dr.is obviously bias.His narrative report contained at least 5 gross errors. He didn't administer the nuerocog exam,an assistant did.I have taken at least five that I recall in my past,all more clinical. Three most recently by the same dr.Pre,post,1 year after the car accident. Concussion, post,TBI,5??drURMD
No Fault in MVA PATIENT – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
Not intrsted in figuring out what issue is. Obsessed with if I got into trouble or not in school(35 yrs ago). He was arrogant and insulting. After a 5 min meeting then testing he told me that I just didn't want "it"badly enough or I would learn to make lists. When I said that testing didn't take into account life skills and that staying focused on a single task was impossible that at home (for ex.) I wander off and start 10 things, he told me my husband should be proud I get so much done!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I can only review based off first impression of Dr. Santa Maria from today. With that being said... I feel Dr. Santa Maria is a consummate professional that understands EVERY mental health condition per DSM 5; common language and standard criteria for the classification of mental disorders. Footnote: Psychiatrists are doctors who take the Hippocratic oath to apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihili
Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I also had questions about his suspect diagnosis as the others. Everything seemed to revolve around anxiety or depression, yet, he only met with me for all of five minutes. He made accusations in his report based on issues that he did not inquire about but he referenced things that happened many years ago which are irrelevant today. Very Frustrating and Very Unprofessional. Thankfully my doctors took the time and focused on my CURRENT signs and symptoms and gave me an accurate CLINICAL diagnosis
Aug 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
Relies on out of date testing techniques. Had two testers. One didn’t tell me the test was timed until I asked. She didn’t look at me the entire time. She stared at her computer. He talked down to me and didn’t have an explanation for my results. The doctor seemed like he was in a hurry to get done. The entire experience was the biggest waste of time, money and energy.
East Aurora, NY – Oct 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
Not properly trained in diagnosing ADD in girls. Relied far too heavily on outdated diagnostic criteria. Experience was expensive, frustrating and unhelpful. Did not address our concerns. Go anywhere else.
North Tonawanda, NY – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
the receptionists were incredibly rude and unhelpful. Enough to ruin your day.
Tonawanda, NY – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?
I would not send anyone to see him. He was in such a hurfy and did not g ed t my personsl information correct,did not tske time to listen to me.
Olean, NY – Jan 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Santa Maria, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Santa Maria?

• Neuropsychology