Dr. Michael-Renee Godfrey, PSY.D

Dr. Michael-Renee Godfrey, PSY.D

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Michael-Renee Godfrey, PSY.D is a counselor in Marietta, GA. She specializes in counseling, exercise & sports psychology, and more.Read her story

707 Whitlock Ave SW Ste H11

Marietta, GA 30064

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Value Options

Learn about Dr. Godfrey

Dr. Godfrey's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Godfrey "I am a native of Dallas, Texas. I received a BA in Psychology from UGA in 1993, a BS in Nursing from GSU in 1999, an MA in Psychology, with a counseling specialty, from UWG in 2004, and a PsyD in Sports & Performance Psychology from University of the Rockies in 2015. I have practiced as a Registered Nurse since 1999, working in critical care, spinal cord injury rehabilitation, traumatic brain injury, and school nursing. I also enjoy rodeo nursing for fun. I became a nurse to help people heal and to be with those who are making the transition to the other side. I am a 16 year Air Force veteran - serving 1 year as a clinical nurse, 8 years as a flight nurse, & 7 years as a mental health nurse. I Served as a flight nurse in OPERATION IRAQI and ENDURING FREEDOM in Germany and Afghanistan, respectively. The American flag means more to me than many people may ever know. In 2007, I accepted a spiritual calling to psychotherapy. I opened Perfect Peace Counseling Center, with my best friend from high school, Amani, on September 1, 2010. Unlike most counselors, I provide appointments in the evenings and on the weekends - for those who need counseling but cannot take time off work to attend appointments during the day. I became a counselor because I have experienced more pain in my life than anyone should be subjected to. I knew that God had allowed that pain so I would be able to help others who were broken. I am amazed every time I am in the room with a client at how quietly, yet powerfully, God moves in my clients' lives. I am humbled to be able to create a space for healing and peace in the midst of life's storms. On top of everything else, I am an Adjunct Psychology Instructor, a Court-Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteer for foster kids, and a published author. My first book, "Soul Graffiti: What If Your Mother (or Father) Was Wrong?", was published in 2014. On the rare occasions that I have time off, I enjoy playing golf, riding my horse, Hershey, reading, hot yoga, and sleeping. Beyond being a nurse, military officer, counselor, college instructor, and CASA volunteer, I am a mother to an adult daughter, a grandmother to a rambunctious granddaughter & grandson, and a friend to many."

This content was provided by Dr. Godfrey "As a client-centered, experiential therapist, my goal is to help you discover who you are, why you matter, how you affect people, and how that all defines your existence. I want you to learn more positive and creative ways to deal with life's challenges that will lead to personal growth, greater self-awareness, and life fulfillment.

All too often, we give away our power and forget how resilient we are. We depend on other people, their opinions of us, and other external circumstances to meet our emotional needs. It is important that we challenge ourselves to be assertive and make changes in our own life that will allow us to meet our own needs. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will identify those things - behaviors, thoughts, fears, values, beliefs, coping strategies, etc. - that may have been preventing you from living a life with meaning and purpose."

• Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Sex Therapy
  • Women's Counseling

Dr. Godfrey does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Mood Disorder Due to a General Medical Condition
  • Orgasmic Disorders
  • Panic Disorder With Agorapobia
  • Panic Disorder Without Agorapobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Premature Ejaculation

• Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Georgia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of The Rockies
    Other Education | Completed 2015
  • University Of West Georgia
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Dr. Godfrey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Godfrey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Godfrey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Godfrey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Godfrey's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Godfrey to family and friends
4 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Godfrey's Performance

Dr. Godfrey Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to complete a patient satisfaction survey. I genuinely value your opinions and feedback. If you had a pleasant experience, I hope you will share it with your friends. If you did not have a pleasant experience, I would appreciate you letting me know, and affording me the opportunity to answer your concerns, apologize, and correct the situation as best I can, before you decide to post a negative review.

"

Very real and down to Earth! Professional, compassionate, understanding, accommodating and knowledgeable. There are so many ways I can describe Dr. Godfrey. I'm thankful that our paths crossed at the time they did.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Godfrey?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Public Health & General Preventive Medicine