Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S

CounselingMale

Counseling

Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S is a Counselor in Mason, OH. His office accepts telehealth appointments.

Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S

Lindner Center Of Hope, Mason, OH

4483 Us-42 Mason, OH 45040 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Michael O'Hearn treats your condition or procedure

Michael O'Hearn accepts

Michael O'Hearn accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield

Michael O'Hearn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Michael O'Hearn

3.0

Michael O'Hearn

I am not even sure how this man is employed?? On of the most condescendingly, disrespectful, pompous men I’ve ever met. With all of these other reviews it makes me question The Lindner Center as a whole. I got up and left in the middle of a session and didn’t look back. Stay away from this toxic man
Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Unfortunately, I find him abrupt and very quick to draw conclusions about my situation without full information. He doesn't listen fully, and moves at his own speed vs. the speed at which I can absorb and make progress ... he overtly pushes his own agenda / answers. The sessions often seem to be about his views and not me at all. I am surprised at all the positive reviews, and was actually asked to leave him a good rating - as he knew his numbers didn't reflect well. I find that to be questionable behavior, especially for someone who is supposed to be a trusted advisor. Cannot recommend him at all.
Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Mike is an excellent therapist. His commitment to helping clients is strong. He is patient and excellent at building trust in the relationship. Mike will bring up ideas and definitions he learned in school or via workshops/conferences that apply to my issues in therapy. These clarify and help define avenues that assist me in understanding and working through my problems. I find Mike to be extremely honest and sometimes he may tell you something you need to hear rather than what you want to hear. He is easy to talk with and feel safe and secure in therapy. He is empathic and also intuitive. I have certainly achieved results with Mike and even friends/family have commented on improvements they can see since I started with him. Their comments and the difference I see in myself tell me my therapy with Mike is working and has been beneficial.
BC – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Michael O'Hearn is an excellent therapist. He is a master at encouraging people to work hard to meet their objectives and goals. He has all the qualities necessary for a successful patient/therapist relationship. Michael is honest, kind, respectful, empathetic, patient, very smart and well trained. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking counseling with an exceptional professional.
Tina Z – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Michael stands out from a string of other therapists that had only a minimal impact on all the issues that were disrupting my life. He has been a good match for me and someone I can trust and be real with while working on some difficult issues. He is direct at times and often challenges me when I need to be challenged. Although uncomfortable at first, the challenge Inevitably leads to progress in my treatment. Michael encourages,supports,and gives hope. I have made amazing life changes since I’ve been with Michael and do not believe that I would have made it as far without his empathy and knowledgeable guidance.
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
From the minute I first walked into his office, I knew he understood, From the wall hanging to books on the shelf and Knick knacks. I have PTSD from childhood abuse and was suicidal when I first walked in. My visits with Mike are always productive and insightful, though it takes me time to accept revelations. I look forward to my appointment as I usually have query’s about my behavior. He explained my condition to my ex succinctly and answered all questions. Currently he explains to my daughter and son in-law My condition and answers questions. He encourages me, helps me clarify why I act as I do, and supports me with helpful suggestions. He helps me heal my tortured soul And is very professional at the same time. He is very empathetic, kind, sensitive, strong enough to hear the Cruelty man can inflict without breaking, and very honest, helpful. He has many resources and uses them wisely. Don’t know what I would do without his guidance on this life journey.
Marie Johnson – Mar 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
A good therapy experience depends greatly on the fit between you and the therapist. After 12 years of seeing different qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, and licensed counselors, I was not able to make the trusting connection that is critical for successful treatment. I decided to give the Lindner Center of Hope a try and was matched with Mike O’Hearn. I find the social worker approach that Mike brings to be a more holistic view of me as a person. I feel like the main goal of my therapy with Mike is to learn ways to care for my mind, spirit, and body as they are all inter-related. He has been a supportive teacher and helps me face parts of my life that I tried to ignore for many years. He helps me look at myself in a new way and empowers me to take steps towards making my life my own. He is direct and pushes me to continue moving forward towards wellness. Mike has been a good therapeutic match for me.
Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
I have been seeing Mike for over a year now, and he is the most effective therapist I have worked with. He is candid and straightforward in his approach, which contributes to clear and helpful dialogue. His many years of experience provide him the perspective to deeply understand situations and feelings, and provide constructive counsel on coping and moving forward. I have made tremendous progress through my work with Mike, and don’t believe I would have come this far without his wise counsel.
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Horrible. The guy was fifteen minutes late, he was vulgar and judgemental. Avoid this guy like the plague. I have no idea why he is employed. He does NOT listen to you......as a talk therapist?! What the?
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
I wish I had heeded the warnings in the other reviews. I stuck it out for 4 sessions with Michael. Not once did I leave feeling heard or understood, let alone respected. If anything, I left feeling judged, dismissed, and vulnerable. He's very aloof, and seems to not care, even as you discuss difficult topics. The worst part of my experience came down to how dismissive he was. One time, while relating an anecdote of being frustrated when one of my dogs had misbehaved, he quipped "sounds like you shouldn't own dogs". Some background: I've been working with rescue organizations for over a decade. We only use positive reinforcement training. It's not easy for dogs to adjust sometimes, and being patient is tough in those moments. To entirely dismiss that, and paint me as a "bad dog owner," just for feeling frustrated, was demoralizing. I was looking for healthy coping strategies, to not carry negative emotions through my day. What I learned instead was what bad therapy felt like.
Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Please don't mind the negative reviews. Dr. O'Hearn is sometimes late because he reviews his notes from the previous session before bringing me in. He only interrupts me when he can see me talking myself into a damaging emotional tailspin. He uses humor and foul language to lighten the mood when things are getting heavy, which some patients regard as unprofessional but I find very relieving and human. Dr. O'Hearn is one of the best things to ever happen to me in my recovery.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
I have been seeing him for a while now,I find him easy to talk to, friendly and knowledgeable. He knew a lot about me after the first session and has me do “homework”!to work on myself. He makes me think like no other therapist has.I know that he’s trying to help me
Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
I currently work in Behavioral Health and have done so for several years. I’ve been around mental illness all my life. My first and only visit with Michael O’hearn is by far the worst psych visit I have ever been exposed to. He was entirely negative, judgemental, unprofessional, and untrustworthy. He accused me of things that were untrue. Saying I caused my diagnosis I have no idea how he has kept a job at Lidner all these years and they even made him a director.UNBELIEVABLE!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Gina Kiser in Cincinnati, OH – Aug 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Horrible waste of money, very disappointed. He did not stay on task, the few times I thought he was getting towards reaching my objective, the next session we never picked back up. He seemed very distracted, judgmental, and unprofessional, I often left wondering if he wanted to help or keep me coming back so he gets paid. On average he was 10-15 minutes late, the last time I went he was 25 min late. Every time the session ended at the top of the hour cutting my session short.
Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
After 10 minute of questions from Michael, he had formed an image of who I was and was proceeding to tell me about bad choices I had made with his judgmental understanding. He even chuckled when I answered what my first recollection of my anxiety was. Very unprofessional and 15 minutes late for first appointment, even recoiled when I stuck out my hand to shake his upon meeting him.
Cincinnati, OH – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?
Difficult listening skills, constant interuptions, and uses occasional foul language
J.B. in West Chester, OH – Nov 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael O'Hearn, LISW-S?

How was your experience with Michael O'Hearn?