Dr. Michael Murrell, PSY.D

Dr. Michael Murrell, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Michael Murrell, PSY.D is a clinical psychology provider who practices in Springfield, MO. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Read his story

1358 E Kingsley St Ste B

Springfield, MO 65804

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • AvMed
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Murrell

Dr. Murrell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Murrell "I was always an anxious child who was very shy and reserved in school. I rarely got involved in after school activities until my parents enlisted me in the Boy Scouts of America. That experience, along with some excellent counseling, changed by life. I thrived as a Boy Scout and found that with some encouragement that I could overcome many physical and social challenges that I have long feared to the point of immobility. I had a few excellent counselors along the way and yet in my mid 30s started suffering from panic or anxiety attacks. I again went back into counseling and was baptized in 1987 as an adult. I then quit fearing death and realized that I had a purpose in life. I was meant to be a counselor and later a psychologist so I could teach people the principles and techniques that helped me overcome the anxiety in my life that was robbing me of the joy of living that I later discovered. My success as a psychologist in private practice has been the result, in part, of the challenges that I experienced from my early childhood and later as an adult with panic disorder. I believe, as the Bible states, that all things work for good for those who believe. God has taken the horrible emotional pain of panic disorder and led me to use that experience to teach others how to overcome this terrifying experience. Panic disorder and PTSD are very treatable given the right conditions and treatments."

This content was provided by Dr. Murrell "I have been treating clients since 1987 in our Springfield office. In my personal life I was diagnosed and treated for panic disorder, anxiety attacks, and posttraumatic stress disorder. Since recoverring from these disorders I have found that I can teach what I have learned to my clients now from my own personal experience. Since I related well to their feelings my clients with anxiety tend to get well faster as a result."

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adult Psychology
  • Men's Health Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Murrell does not have any board certifications listed.

• Grief
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Neuropsychological Testing
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University Of Kansas / Main Campus
  • Lakeland Regional Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Forest Institute Of Professional Psychology
    Other Education | Completed 1996

Dr. Murrell has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Murrell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Murrell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Murrell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Murrell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Murrell to family and friends
Dr. Murrell Says:

I am very pleased that so many clients have actually taken the time to write up a review of their experiences.  The fact that all of them gave our clinic a five star rating is very flattering and an encouragement to continue to give our very best to help our clients.

Dr. Murrell's Performance
in Springfield, MO |
Dr. Murrell is a an excellent provider of care. Throughout my sessions with him I never felt as though I was alone in dealing with the current crisis in my life, or my mental, emotional, spiritual reactions to this crisis, he was walking the path with me. In the EMDR therapy and the one-on-one counseling he kindly and forthrightly provided and led me to understand that healing starts with a conceptualization of how I saw myself during the time of trauma, but more importantly as I began to see
in Springfield, MO |
Dr. Murrell is a great psychologist. I came in with severe anxiety issues that were making my school life and personal life completely dysfunctional. He helped me tremendously with various strategies to control my anxiety. He also helped me to understand my own self-degrading cognition and behavior, and how I can and should think more positively of myself. I highly recommend Dr. Murrell for anxiety and depression issues. He is a kind, honest, and laid back person who truly cared about me.
in Springfield, mo |
Dr Murrell is a caring compassionate man who reaches to your inner core and builds a firm foundation. Excellent provider.
Springfield, MO |
I needed coping skills, he provided them. He is a great teacher. He also recomended 2 books that are excellent resources. Fighting for your marriage. Feeling good.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Murrell, PSY.D?
Are you Dr. Murrell?

Visit Dr. Murrell

Dr. Murrell accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    ADVANTAGE - Plan F HMO