Michael Manchester, LMHC

Counseling ·  Male · Age 59

Michael Manchester

Michael Manchester, LMHC is a counselor in Winter Park, FL and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Rollins College in 2005 and specializes in counseling, psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Michael Manchester accepts

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Michael Manchester treats your condition or procedure

Michael Manchester's conditions and procedures:

• Anxiety Attack
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Social Phobia
  • Stress Management

Michael offers a supportive and respectful approach to psychotherapy. He provides individualized care to his patients based on their specific needs and goals. In some cases he will meet with patients in their home. WIth a demonstrated need Michael offers a reduced fee for patients.

• Counseling

3.8

Michael Manchester?
Michael Manchester's Performance
What People Say About Michael Manchester, LMHC
Recently ended therapy with Mike. I was struggling after being discharged from an intensive inpatient treatment program. Mike helped me maintain the progress I made in treatment and to continue using the tools I learned in treatment. It is good to know that I have someone I can go back to if I 'stumble' again. Mike is knowledgable, encouraging and professional. If you are struggling with OCD he can help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
Excellent Therapist! I would recommend him to my friends and family. He is very nice, helpful and cares. Not many therapists are as knowledgeable or have the experience in OCD that he does. I would go as far as saying he is an expert in OCD and Anxiety. He does a lot to make sure the patient has the tools to improve. If you really want to improve then go with Mike Manchester!
Thanks fo the great review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
I worked briefly with Mike about a problem I had that was affecting my job performance. Our sessions were structured and productive. The focus on problem solving and challenging my unhealthy thinking helped me tremendously. I recommend Mike if you need a counselor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
I saw Michael for my OCD. He was very helpful. I felt like he understood what I was going through. I recommend MIchael if you are looking for a counselor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
I am writing this review from Salt Lake City. No big deal other than I flew out here. I haven't flown without using Xanax (and sometimes a few drinks) for a number of years until I saw Mike for my fear of flying. Using CBT and exposure he was able to help me with my fear. Mike is professional and knowledgeable. Sessions were sometimes intense but he tried to make it as fun as possible. I recommend him if you have any issues with anxiety or fear of flying. See
Thanks and congrats on this victory.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
Mike was the best therapist I ever found for therapy for OCD. He knew exactly what he was doing since he did most of his studies with the Beck Institute. I have never found a therapist in the central Florida or south Florida area that knew how to conduct proper OCD therapy. His knowledge about Exposure Responsinspe Privention (ERP) was very effective. I would highly reccomend mike as he practically cured me. He helped me manage my ocd so well that I hardly ever have symptoms anymore. Great!!!
Thanks for the kind words. You deserve a lot of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
Michael Manchester changed my life for the better after being diagnosed with ocd 17 years ago. He always handeled our sessions with great understanding and a positive outlook. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
Very rude and a sad representative of the mental health community!
I am sorry you feel this way. Feel free to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
Very unprofessional. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! He took private calls in the middle of our sessions. He came of as uninterested & annoyed, cited generic quotes as professional advice, & sighed excessively whenever I was talking. At our last session, he told me to shut up, that I talk too much; isn't that the point of seeing a counselor: to talk about your personal issues? He prematurely ended my session and charged me full price asking "if I wanted a pound of flesh, to get over my issues".
I don't know how to respond to this review. This...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?
I've never had such a distasteful experience with therapy. He was not only unprofessional but on a humanistic level simply unkind. I left his office feeling berated, distressed and uncomfortable. I'm not one to write "satisfaction" comments or reviews but to save anyone from such a horrendous experience I wanted to take the time to do so. PLEASE seek other professionals in the area!!!!
I am sorry that you felt this way about your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Manchester, LMHC?

How was your experience with Michael Manchester?