Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM

Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM

Podiatry  ·
Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Schaumburg, IL and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from New York College Of Podiatric Med in 2001 and specializes in podiatry, podiatric surgery, and more.Read his story

25 E Schaumburg Rd Ste 110

Schaumburg, IL 60194

• Benefit Concepts
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Lacey

See how frequently Dr. Lacey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Conditions
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Ankle Sprains and Strains
high

Dr. Lacey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lacey's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lacey "During my practice over the last 10 years, I have not only learned how to provide the best treatment plans for my patients, but I've also learned how to establish a special rapport with each patient that I hope results in a high level of comfort during our discussions. I will provide treatment options, explain procedures and share adequate information so each patient feels comfortable with the decided upon treatment plan. Too many doctors rush in and rush out, but I like to spend time with my patients and make sure all of their questions are answered. I grew up near Boston, Massachusetts and was raised by hard-working, blue-collar parents who helped me achieve my dreams and goals of a career in medicine. As a side note, I grew up watching and playing sports and you'll likely hear about the Red Sox or Patriots during a visit. After high school, I continued on down the east coast to Fairfield University in Connecticut where I entered college on the Pre-Med track and had set my sights on becoming a Pediatrician. However, one day my dad stepped on a nail at a construction site and nearly had his leg amputated. With the help of a Podiatrist, his leg was saved and that's when I shifted my interests to Podiatry and enrolled at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. I completed a three-year residency program at St. Barnabas Hospital in Bronx, NY where I was given the great honor to serve as the Chief Podiatry Resident. My father was also diabetic and this piqued my interest in diabetic foot care and limb salvage which was a large part of my residency training. I also received extensive training in elective forefoot procedures such as bunion surgery and was given the opportunity to perform and learn many more important aspects of foot and ankle surgery. St. Barnabas Hospital was a Level 1 trauma center, so I was also able to perform several trauma surgeries. Since completing my residency training, I have been living and practicing in the Chicagoland area for the last 10 years. As another side note, you'll likely hear about my Wheaten Terrier, Swiffer, if you're an animal lover and mention your pets. My goal is to provide the same level of care to my patients that I would want one of my family members to receive from a physician. By providing my patients with the best care that they deserve, I hope that I can form long-lasting relationships. I look forward to meeting and helping each of you."

This content was provided by Dr. Lacey "I believe in treating everyone like I would a member of my family.  I want to allow the patient an opportunity to express any pertinent information that they have and will then offer my opinion.  I also believe that it is important that the patient fully understand their condition and give ample time for questions. "

• Podiatry

• Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Hammer Toe Repair
  • Ingrown Toenail Surgery
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Fairfield University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • New York College Of Podiatric Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • St Barnabas Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Lacey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lacey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lacey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lacey's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lacey

Dr. Lacey?
Dr. Lacey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM
RecentHighestLowest
An excellent dr. that is great with kids! I am extremely picky about finding a dr. I am a firm believer that the whole staff needs to be a 5 star rating. If even the receptionist is rude, we are outa' there! We had our first sport related foot injury. With 4 kids...I'm sure this is just the...Read More
Valparaiso, IN – Jan 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM?
I started seeing Dr Lacey years ago, and also got my husband to go see him to. I was glad to find him again when he switched locations. I would 100% recommend him to anyone who needs a great foot dr! He is wonderful and cares a lot about his patients! It hard to find a dr that is willing to spend...Read More
Kris S in Hammond IN – Aug 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM?
Dr Lacey my 3rd podiatrist in Valparaiso. He is the only Doctor who has brought my pain level down to a 2 from 10. I am so grateful to be able to walk with minimal pain.
Jeanette Wallen in Valparaiso, Indiana – Mar 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM?
Dr. Lacey is an excellent podiatrist he listens and hears your concerns and gives you the best possible treatment. IF you are a diabetic he is one himself so he is very knowledgeable about the care of the feet for diabetics.
Aaron Wilson in Gary, IN – Jan 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Lacey, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Lacey?