Dr. Michael Kerrigan, PHD

NeuropsychologyMale

Dr. Kerrigan
3649 S Newland St Denver, CO 80235

Dr. Michael Kerrigan, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Denver, CO. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kerrigan to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neuropsychologists in your area

"In my practice, currently confined to Neuropsychological Evaluations, I choose not to use a technician to administer the testing; instead, I conduct all of the testing myself.  This allows me to personally witness a ..."

- Dr. Michael Kerrigan, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check if Dr. Kerrigan treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Kerrigan accepts

Dr. Kerrigan accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Rocky Mountain Health Plans

Dr. Kerrigan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kerrigan

Dr. Kerrigan
I was referred to the Dr. by my primary care physician for an evaluation following a fall that resulted in a closed head injury. Dr. Kerrigan is a kind and compassionate gentleman who was able to lead me through a litany of testing without stress or a feeling of being judged. The final report that Dr. Kerrigan presented helped us to better understand the emotional and behavioral changes I had been experiencing. We are most grateful for his professionalism and comforting demeanor and wholeheartedly recommend his services to whomever might be in need of them.
dave p – Mar 04, 2021
Dr. Michael is AMAZING. He's knowledgeable, patient, easy to talk to, and he cares. I took my 19 year old son to be evaluated by Dr. Michael (as he likes to be called) for a formal diagnosis for a learning disability (dyslexia) so that my son could access resources at his college. Dr. Michael was professional and friendly in our initial meeting. As we moved through the evaluation process, my son seemed to be enjoying the process even though it was very long/very thorough. That thoroughness transferred to the final report which included detailed performance & milestones of my son's life as well as his performance on the evaluations conducted by Dr. Michael. It also provided several specific actionable recommendations to help my son manage his learning disability. When reviewing the report with my son, I could see that he had a sense of optimism learning about things that could help him; and he started working on the recommendations right away. Dr. Michael is there to help!
Carmen – Jul 30, 2020
Dr. Kerrigan is excellent. Astute in his analysis, conscientious of the client's concerns, and timely. That is, he scheduled me quite promptly when I needed a psychological evaluation urgently; my situation was complex, had certainly puzzled me for years, and he substantially clarified things for me; and he even phrased his report in a manner that, though of course completely truthful, helped me in a very meaningful way, when he did not have to. He felt moved to help me. He's a good doctor.
David in Denver, CO – Feb 24, 2019
This man is the best I’ve ever encountered. His methodology, while unusual, is scientifically grounded, and more importantly it works. My life post TBI has been returned to me better than ever in ways I did not think possible. I must add one caveat. He won’t tell you what to do. He instead will guide you as you find your own way. Because of this, you must do the work. If you want a doctor to “fix” you, he’s not right for you. If you are ready to heal yourself, he’s a great guide.
Charles Bynum in Colorado Springs , CO – Oct 23, 2018
Dr. Kerrigan is a great informative Neuropsychologist. He was very patient with me.. He explained my questions, reviewed the directions with me, and analyzed all my answers. I felt like he listened to me and encouraged me to find solutions to my issues. He was on time and hospitable.
Eva in Denver, CO – Oct 11, 2017
Did a thorough job evaluating me and I felt very reassured and knowledgeable leaving. Couldn't ask for better!
Bree in Denver, Colorado – Sep 29, 2017
This review is long over-due, but I've had a hard time coming up with a way to express our feelings toward Dr. Michael. To avoid appearing obsequious, I'll keep it short and sweet. For the first time in several years, I am able to understand that I am not losing my mind. Also for the first time in several years, my wife and I can finally believe that there is hope. THANK YOU Dr. Michael. Our lives are so much better since we found you.
dave purser in Sheridan, CO – Jun 27, 2017
Dr. Kerrigan performed a very thorough evaluation of my 10 year old child. He put in a tremendous amount of work evaluating the results of testing, and producing a report that included an appendix with useable advice, as well as revommended accomodations. We found him to be kind, helpful, and non-judgement. From day one, he has provided help that has made a positive impact on my child and continues to do so, ensuring we can get our son the help he needs. I highly recommend his services.
Lakewood – Apr 28, 2017
Thank you very much for trusting me with the...Read More
Dr. Kerrigan did a very complete job of evaluating two family members. He put a tremendous amount of work into writing a throrough evaluation of the test results that positively impacted both family members. I would highly recommend his services.
Aurora, CO – Jan 16, 2017
Thank you very much for the opportunity to work...Read More
Dr Kerrigan was the first doctor/health professional that listened to my symptoms, put an incredible amount of time and effort into my testing and write up, and was the only person at the timeto help me understand I'm not losing my mind, it's normal brain injury healing! He is the only doctor I know spend an incredible amount of time with patients (Vs. an assistant) & he really gets to know you over 8-9 hours over two days vs. other dr who do 60 min. One of the best doc I've ever seen!!
Shannon McInnes in Denver, CO – Sep 17, 2016
Thank you very much for your kind and helpful...Read More
Rude and insulting towards other modalities. Testing was a waste of money.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dissatisfied Patient in Loveland, CO – May 17, 2016
I'm sorry I didn't meet this person's...Read More

How was your experience with Dr. Kerrigan?

In my practice, currently confined to Neuropsychological Evaluations, I choose not to use a technician to administer the testing; instead, I conduct all...Read more

Dr. Kerrigan completed his B.A. at Holy Cross College in Worcester MA and earned a Master of Arts at Wesleyan University before being awarded his Ph.D....Read more

• Neuropsychology