Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD

Counseling ·  Male · Age 69

Dr. Emerson

Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD is a counselor in Montana City, MT. He specializes in counseling, psychology, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Emerson accepts

Dr. Emerson accepts the following insurance:

Allegiance Health Plans
Alliance Health Care
Assurant Health
PacificSource

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Montana

Check if Dr. Emerson treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Emerson's conditions and procedures:

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mood and Adjustment Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Phase of Life Problem
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Self-Esteem Problems
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

The Individual Counseling Process
The Problem
Life does not always work the way we want it to work.  When life isn't working, we need help.  It's never too late to change.
The Process
Therapy is a collaborative pro...

• Counseling

Board Certified Professional Counselor
Diplomate American Psychotherapy Association
Fellow American Psychotherapy Association
2007
Diplomate In Professional Counseling /International Academy Of Behavioral Medicine Counseling and Psychotheray
1997

Dr. Emerson?
Dr. Emerson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
A friend recommended Mike to me and after some life changing events and situations, I made to call. It didn’t take long to get in to see him and it has been a very positive experience so far. Mike has been a great deal of help to me these past few months I have seen him. He is very easy to talk with, tells you what you need to know without sugar coating. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
I feel very lucky to have found Dr. Emerson. Our visits were the highlight of my week. Every time I walked out of his office, I felt that I was one step closer to acheiveing the goals that Dr. Emerson and myself had set. He truly exemplifies a caring and competent practitioner!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
Mike has been instrumental in getting me through some difficult times in my life. He has provided me tools and suggestions to use in my interactions which helped me stay strong through difficult conversations and interactions. Mike has been flexible with my schedule including video meetings along with squeezing me into his schedule during times of need!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
I recently started working with Dr. Emerson and would highly recommend him to anyone. He has helped me significantly with skills to improve both personally and professionally. He has a great sense of humor and put me at ease right away. He doesn't just say "everything will be alright", he gives me the tools to improve my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
There are not words to express how much Dr. Emerson has helped me. I have been dealing with stress and anxiety for a variety of reasons. Dr. Emerson has provided me with the tools I needed to feel better and to start enjoying life on my terms. He is so patient, kind and compassionate. He also has a sense of humor which has really helped me! I have a ways to go but feel good about my future. I would without hesitation recommend Dr. Mike to my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
Dr. Emerson provides a high level of support and care for his patients. He helps you to find tools for success within yourself and guides you on the journey. His support was instrumental to me and my health. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
I have had numerous counselors and therapists throughout my life and I had not met one that I felt understood and cared as much as Dr Emerson. Meeting with him felt like talking with a friend. I feel very lucky to have someone as compassionate as him to share my thoughts and feelings with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
I very highly recommend Dr. Emerson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
A good friend of mine suggested I talk with Dr. Emerson after certain life circumstances made it clear I needed help. I resisted, explaining that I had tried counseling and that it certainly was not for me. She persisted, and assured me that meeting with Dr. Emerson would be different. She was right. Dr. Emerson provides an environment where I, a typically closed and guarded person, feel immediately comfortable expressing myself, no matter how ugly that can get. His balance of insight, comp
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?
Great doctor. He's very insightful and has a way of making you think. He's been extremely beneficial to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Emerson, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Emerson?

Compare Providers