Michael Carney, LPC

Michael Carney, LPC

Counseling  ·
Michael Carney, LPC is a counselor in Arlington, TX. He specializes in counseling, social work, and more.

6039 W Interstate 20

Arlington, TX 76017

• Scott & White Health Plan

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Michael Carney treats your condition or procedure

Michael Carney's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues

My goals as a therapist is to help my clients better understand themselves and to help them figure out how to live fulfilled, productive lives. I work with individuals, couples, and families with many different issues including addictions, depression...

• Counseling

Likelihood to recommend Michael Carney

Michael Carney?
Michael Carney's Performance
What People Say About Michael Carney, LPC
I went to see Michael Carney for help with an issue. He cancelled on me for my first two appointments. The last time was about an hour before the scheduled appointment. The next time he was over a half hour late seeing me. The last time I attempted to see him, it was over a half hour, so I left in frustration. This showed a lack of respect for me and my mental health, at a vulnerable time in my life. If your going to spend 100 bucks to see a counselor, go to one who at least pretends to care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
There have always been plenty of people in my life ready and willing to help me tear myself apart. I find myself unable to put into words my appreciation for the one person who has been vested in helping put me back together, stronger and better than ever, Mike.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
An incredible guy and an even better therapist. I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression over 25 years ago, so I know a little about therapists. Several years ago, my therapist passed away and as you can imagine, was reluctant to start over with someone new. As is the nature of depression, the option of self remedy was quickly closing. Tried several, worked with one for months and realized we weren't moving forward. Then I was referred to Mike. He has me figured out cold!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Would highly recommend Mike Carney! Above and beyond my expectations. My son and I have been seeing him for his bad life choices. He's been a lifesaver. He has connected and guided my 25 year old son when dad and I could not. We never feel rushed and always heard.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
I initially sought Dr. Carney's help when my son was in a downward spiral, due to drugs & life choices. He was an excellent support & resource in making some very tough decisions. I then continued seeing him as my counselor through that season of caring for my son & as my marriage of almost 20 years ended and the subsequent healing & rebuilding of life as a single mom. He consistently provides professional respect, trust, compassion, support, insight, empathy, strategies, and perspective.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Dr. Carney has literally been a lifesaver for me! He is professional, yet relaxed; compassionate, yet challenging; patient, yet pointed; brilliant, yet not arrogant. He listens attentively and responds using conversation, questions, white board brainstorming, and silence. He challenging without overwhelming (unless that is the key to making change!). His 2 locations, South Arlington and Southlake, are not pretentious. They are comfortable, quiet, confidential. I can highly recommend Dr. Carney!
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Wonderful person to talk to, never makes you feel awkward or uncomfortable, understands everyone, can relate to literally all age groups and over all holds a kind heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
He is the best person I've ever confided in and he always turns my day into the best day ever. He has a great sense of humor and he always treats me as an equal and not as though I have a problem. He also provides amazing advice and is great at what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
We love Mike he helped me and my husband and was even able to help my girls. He is a great listener and takes time to build trust. He made all of us feel comfortable. My daughter's felt like was very easy to talk to and never talked down to them. We have gone to different counselors and felt the best about Mike. We will continue to use him. I love that he is constantly learning more to help his clients. He does not judge or make u feel crazy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Nice guy!! Seems to really know what he is talking about. Uses a call service to schedule appointments so sometimes hard to get him on the phone. My teenage daughter really likes his directness. She's stopped using drugs for now and we thank mike for helping us. He is our 3rd counselor and seems like our last. I recommend him to friends and coworkers. Reviews all look promising.
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?

How was your experience with Michael Carney?

Carney Counseling and Family Services LLC