Michael Carney, LPC

CounselingMaleAge 47

Counseling

Michael Carney, LPC is a Counselor in Southlake, TX. His office accepts new patients.

Michael Carney, LPC

420 N Carroll Ave Ste 140 Southlake, TX 76092

Compare with other Counselors

Compare Michael Carney with our nearby Counselors at .

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of .

Michael Carney's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Michael Carney

4.4

Michael Carney

Don't Bother
Please read and be warned!! I looked up Dr. Carney’s reviews and I saw that several people said he would constantly cancel the appointments on them, but some other reviews seemed decent, so I took a chance and called him. One month in and I still have not been seen. The first time I scheduled my appointment he never showed and later I received an email saying he will not make it but to reschedule. The second time he texted me personally and said he was sorry and that if I rescheduled the session would be free. I rescheduled again and BAM!! same thing, he never showed, this time though he didn’t call and the only email I received was to notify me that I had missed an appointment and I was being charged a $75 fee! This guy is incredible. I only wish I had screen shot his messages to post on here.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Joe – Jun 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Got me thinking on a more authentic level
I'm so glad you wrote because I've been thinking about you and how you really summed up quite precisely what I'm experiencing. I find you very insightful, intuitive and skillful at what you do. Your instinct about my situation and your evaluation of it all is, IMHO, spot on. You did leave me thinking on a more authentic level about my current circumstances. I am, quite frankly, still mentally digesting the several things you touched on. Please know that I am well and that I truly appreciate your checking in with me. It means a lot. I hope to follow up with you sometime soon.
  • Long wait times
no1uknow – May 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Too many last minute cancellations
Denzil Dean – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Mike is a very insightful guy that can pick up whatever you put down, whether that’d be spoken or unspoken. He doesn’t hesitate to make time for his clients and provides plenty of opportunities to communicate whatever. He incorporates his education to provide insight as well as feedback or advice if needed. Even if you just need someone to listen, he’s your guy. He has a good heart and a witty sense of humor that’s not for everybody but I sure appreciate all that he’s done for my family including myself.
May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
There is a reason that Dr. Carney (Mike) is in high demand. He is not your typical therapist. Mike is all about genuine care for his clients and will give you the individual attention you deserve during your appointments. He will listen without judgement, tell you want you need to hear and provide practical advice and support in each session. He firmly believes in his clients ability to make positive changes. It is rare to find a dedicated therapist/coach that is genuine, experienced and most importantly, delivers results.
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
No, I scheduled a visit with him, he cancelled the first visit, that was okay. I rescheduled a visit the next Wednesday at 1:00pm, I waited 15 minutes, then called his office, got his service and no reply. I still waited 30 minutes and he still did not return my call. What kind of counselor does this toa first time clients? I would not recommend him to anyone.
Cynthia – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
I have been seeing Carney for almost a decade. He has helped me through an abusive marriage, divorce, self harm, job struggles, financial struggles, and now this whole mess of COVID. I also have a lot of physical health problems which add to my depression. Carney gives me honest, straight talk and helps me to think clearly and move forward. He proved himself time and again back when things were simpler, and I honestly don't know how I would get through my hard times and this current pandemic without him! He's been able to identify and teach me to identify problems and patterns, and ways to improve. If there were medals for being the best therapist, he should have all of them. I always recommend him to anyone looking for a quality therapist.
Grace – Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
THE BEST!! i’m 16 and I hated counseling so much, but now I look forward to dr.carney. I really see a change in me and I never thought it could happen. He knows what he is doing, you should see him
Gabi Barrera – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
He is assertive with my 16 year old son. My Son goes to counseling to see Dr Carney without putting up a fight! Mike holds him accountable and even drug tests him if I ask. He is a life saver
Katelyn S. – Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Doctor is more patient with my spouse than I am. Great with Family therapy...my husband drinks too much. Would recommend!!
Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Mike is awesome and sometimes you have to wait for what is good. Mike listens and tells how it is you never have to worry about judgment. He has your best interest and he works great for the whole family.
Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
I went to see Michael Carney for help with an issue. He cancelled on me for my first two appointments. The last time was about an hour before the scheduled appointment. The next time he was over a half hour late seeing me. The last time I attempted to see him, it was over a half hour, so I left in frustration. This showed a lack of respect for me and my mental health, at a vulnerable time in my life. If your going to spend 100 bucks to see a counselor, go to one who at least pretends to care.
Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
There have always been plenty of people in my life ready and willing to help me tear myself apart. I find myself unable to put into words my appreciation for the one person who has been vested in helping put me back together, stronger and better than ever, Mike.
Jennifer in Mansfield , TX – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
An incredible guy and an even better therapist. I was diagnosed with severe clinical depression over 25 years ago, so I know a little about therapists. Several years ago, my therapist passed away and as you can imagine, was reluctant to start over with someone new. As is the nature of depression, the option of self remedy was quickly closing. Tried several, worked with one for months and realized we weren't moving forward. Then I was referred to Mike. He has me figured out cold!!!
Bryan – Feb 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Would highly recommend Mike Carney! Above and beyond my expectations. My son and I have been seeing him for his bad life choices. He's been a lifesaver. He has connected and guided my 25 year old son when dad and I could not. We never feel rushed and always heard.
JB in Arlington, TX – Apr 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
I initially sought Dr. Carney's help when my son was in a downward spiral, due to drugs & life choices. He was an excellent support & resource in making some very tough decisions. I then continued seeing him as my counselor through that season of caring for my son & as my marriage of almost 20 years ended and the subsequent healing & rebuilding of life as a single mom. He consistently provides professional respect, trust, compassion, support, insight, empathy, strategies, and perspective.
Ft Worth, TX – Nov 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Dr. Carney has literally been a lifesaver for me! He is professional, yet relaxed; compassionate, yet challenging; patient, yet pointed; brilliant, yet not arrogant. He listens attentively and responds using conversation, questions, white board brainstorming, and silence. He challenging without overwhelming (unless that is the key to making change!). His 2 locations, South Arlington and Southlake, are not pretentious. They are comfortable, quiet, confidential. I can highly recommend Dr. Carney!
T James in Arlington, TX – Sep 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
Wonderful person to talk to, never makes you feel awkward or uncomfortable, understands everyone, can relate to literally all age groups and over all holds a kind heart.
Pacy G in Arlington, Texas – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
He is the best person I've ever confided in and he always turns my day into the best day ever. He has a great sense of humor and he always treats me as an equal and not as though I have a problem. He also provides amazing advice and is great at what he does.
Ashlee S in Arlington, TX – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?
We love Mike he helped me and my husband and was even able to help my girls. He is a great listener and takes time to build trust. He made all of us feel comfortable. My daughter's felt like was very easy to talk to and never talked down to them. We have gone to different counselors and felt the best about Mike. We will continue to use him. I love that he is constantly learning more to help his clients. He does not judge or make u feel crazy.
Lisa in Arlington, TX – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Michael Carney, LPC?

How was your experience with Michael Carney?