Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry  |
Dr. Michael Binder, MD
Dr. Michael Binder, MD is an adult & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Highland Park, IL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Binder is affiliated with Skokie Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Evanston Hospital and Highland Park Hospital.

767 Park Ave W Ste 210

Highland Park, IL 60035

Learn about Dr. Binder

Dr. Binder encourages team work with his patients and the judicious use of medication and non-medication approaches to psychiatry in an atmosphere of honesty and integrity.

Dr. Binder's Experience

Dr. Binder's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis
  • Schizophrenia

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

1 Sanction
  • Misprescribing or Overprescribing Drugs (7/3/2017)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Binder, Michael R MD: License # 036096922L NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician allegedly engaged in inappropriately prescribing opiates. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation placed the physician's license on indefinite PROBATION for a minimum of one year with COMPLIANCE requirements, and the physician's controlled substance license is precluded from prescribing Schedule II and III Opiates and/or Narcotics during the indefinite probation.
    State: Illinois

• Medical College Of Wisconsin and Affiliated Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Binder has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Binder has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Binder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Binder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Binder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Binder to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Binder's Performance
One of the worst doctors I have ever dealt with. He made very poor decisions regarding our daughter. He was a terrible communicator. He seemed like he was in it just for the money and gave little thought to what he was doing.
Glenview, IL |
Dr Binder is a genius. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and started on a medication that made me feel like a zombie even though it was the lowest possible dose. Rather than switch me to another medication, he lowered the dose even further which worked wonders. After 3 years, that same small dose is still working perfectly for me. Dr Binder is one-in-a-million who thinks out side the box.
in iLLINOIS |
Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
Terrible, terrible experience with this doctor. I would never recommend him to anyone and wish I had never had the misfortune to run across him. Unprofessional and unpleasant to say the least. Beware of this doctor.
in Deerfield, Il |
Dr. Binder restored my faith in psychiatry. When I was in my deepest crisis, when my life was literally on the line, Dr. Binder worked with me day by day. He understands that most drugs take days to work or not work; not months, as we usually hear. We, who take these pills, know this! Within a week and-a-half we had found a combination that for the first time in four years stabilized me. I continue to improve and recover. I am deeply grateful for his vigorously pro-active approach.
in Highlan Park, IL |
Dr.Binder was very compassionate and thoughtful. He listened to me and discussed his theory with what is gong on with me in a very informative way. I didn't feel rushed at all, I felt like I was having a really deep conversation with a friend. Psychiatrists do deal with medications, they are not therapists (who don't). If you're seeing him, he may prescribe something for you. If you are against meds, see a therapist. I was happy with my experience. He calls you back within 24 hours too.
in highland park il |
Dr. Binder is a extremely kind and competent doctor. I completely trust him and feel extremely grateful to have him as my doctor. Anyone who is struggling to find a doctor or has a general distrust with the profession... I personally urge you to give him a try.
in Mchenry, IL |
The worst Doctor I ever had. Pill pushers are the worst! I spoke to multiple pharmacists about my Doctor and almost all of them said Have you considered getting a second opinion? If you want a quack that will prescribe any medication with lots of refills, then go to Dr. Binder. If you want to get better, find a different doctor. This guy does not ask about your history and he tried putting me on medication I was allergic to and told me it's just a side effect. Terrible!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Binder, MD?
Are you Dr. Binder?