Christian Counseling  |
Michael Angelo, LCPC
I attended Benedictine University, where I received a master's of science in clinical psychology. There, I was trained in cognitive-behavioral, family-systems, and person-centered therapeutic techniques. I also have a master's degree in journalism from Northwestern University. My expertise includes an intensive clinical internship at Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital's Center for Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, where I was trained by an internationally recognized authority on anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, social phobia, specific phobias, OCD, generalized anxiety disorder, separation anxiety, and PTSD. Additionally, I specialize in couples and family therapy, addressing the misconceptions, whether consciously or unconsciously, that individuals can bring into their relationships. This includes: The other person must make me happy.This If I can change the other person, my life would be better. I've changed myself all that I can and things aren't getting any better. If you cared about me, you would . . . If you don't love me the way that my parents did, then you don't love me. And other issues, almost always unspoken, that can sabotage the relationship, turning couples against each other. Families have their own sets of assumptions that can undermine their harmony and balance. The result is the same: hurt, brokenness, or worse. "It is my belief that it is not necessary to be a victim of the emotional climate of others. One of my main goals in this regard is to help couples and families work toward their own emotional calm and intellectual objectivity, enabling them to think more clearly and thus speak and act more constructively, as they learn to manage the high level of anxiety underlying the relationship." My colleague, Stephanie Bossarte, received her master's degree in community counseling from National Louis University. She is also a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor as well as a Certified Domestic Violence Professional and certified and trained in Sexual Assault. Stephanie uses an eclectic approach to therapy involving many different strategies to fit a person's needs, but she also employs specialized Strengths-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which encourages people to identify resiliencies within themselves, as they learn new skills and to solve problems. The mindset of a resilient person helps them: Feel special and appreciated, providing a sense of hope and optimism Set realistic goals and expectations View life as a journey that they are in control of Be aware of their weaknesses and strengths Embrace strong self-esteem and sense of competence Know what they can and cannot control in their lives "I believe that people are resilient and have the ability to overcome and rise above any struggle or situation when they learn what their own strengths and capabilities are," Stephanie says. "When you feel empowered. you can thrive especially with encouragement and support which can renew understanding of your journey." Michael J. Walthers, another colleague, specializes in therapy with adolescents and young adults who struggle with depression, anxiety, mood disorders, self-esteem, or self-awareness issues. He also works with individuals, groups, and families, as well as home school co-op families and students. Michael received his training at Argosy University, Chicago, graduating with a master's of arts in counseling psychology. Currently, he is pursuing a doctorate in psychology with an emphasis on neuropsychology at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Chicago. "Whatever someone is struggling with, it is imperative for me to find the right solution for them so that they can move past their fears, as they tap into what they value most as their impetus for change," says Michael. "When they do that, the therapeutic effect is a positive spiral where feeling better leads to a better understanding of the things that they were previously blind to."

Encompass Counseling Center LLC

1060 E Lake St Ste 300

Hanover Park, IL 60133

• Magellan Health Services

Learn about Michael Angelo

We believe that 5 components of a person exist. These areas if left underdeveloped can impede personal growth. But developed, these elements can bring peace of mind, body, and soul. We emphasize these aspects in our 5 Core Model of counseling, because we believe that is how we are made, by God, who desires to strengthen the core of our being.

What is at the core? Body, Mind, Spirit, Emotions, and Psyche are at our essence. In order to become all we are created to be, we must maintain the highest levels of emotional and psychological growth, spiritual curiosity, intellectual acumen, and physical well-being. This carries over into our relationships—whether personal, business, or other—enhancing or sabotaging them, depending on how healthy we are.

• Christian Counseling
  • Psychology Education
  • Relationship Counseling
  • School Counseling
  • Women's Health Psychology

Michael Angelo does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Alexian Brothers Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Northwestern University
    Other Education | Completed

Michael Angelo has no awards or honors listed.

Michael Angelo has no media or publications listed.

Michael Angelo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Michael Angelo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Michael Angelo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Michael Angelo to family and friends
Michael Angelo's Performance
in St. Charles, IL |
I have been counseling with Michael since January of 2015. He is not afraid to point out errors in attitudes or actions, based on biblical views. He is the most compassionate, genuine therapist I have ever had the pleasure of working with, and I would not hesitate to also call him friend.
in Aurora, IL |
"Michael is kind, caring and compassionate and has provided me with the tools and resources I need to overcome my struggles and move forward in a positive new life direction. He has given me helpful insight into my anxiety issues and has helped me to build up my confidence and self esteem. I value and appreciate the life tools Michael has provided me with."
Have you seen Michael Angelo, LCPC?
Are you Michael Angelo?