Merrill Graham, LMSW

Psychotherapy ·  Female

Merrill Graham

Merrill Graham, LMSW is a psychotherapist in Grand Rapids, MI. She specializes in psychotherapy, counseling, and more.

Make an appointment

Merrill Graham accepts

Merrill Graham accepts the following insurance:

Blue Care Network
Family Health Plan PPO
Standard
Tricare HMO
Tricare South

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Merrill Graham treats your condition or procedure

Merrill Graham's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Divorce
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Play Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Traumatic Shock

I offer treatment that provides supportive listening, interpretation, education, and gentle challenging of distorted thinking. Through the identification of client-centered treatment goals, we can work together to focus on identifying problematic thinking and behaviors and working on changing them.

• Psychotherapy

2.6

Merrill Graham?
Merrill Graham's Performance
What People Say About Merrill Graham, LMSW
Amazing therapist that has helped me with my grief and ptsd. She also has counseled my husband and I. I have seen her for 3 years and don’t plan on stopping! Ps- I also think the poor reviews are very one sided and unfair, Merrill is an amazing therapist and person and follows correct protocol and is always respectful and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
Run away fast! Extremely manipulative, lies like she has the power of the universe and wants to have prove she is bigger than anyone or anything. Will destroy your family and any hope of mental health or healing amongst family members. Even lied to our insurance company billing under my daughter's name whom she never once treated. Cannot even begin to express the pain she has caused my children. I have actually randomly met others in community who used terms like "emotional prisoner" and had to ask if they knew M. Graham. They were shocked and said that's exactly who...we started a support group to heal from M. G. I kid you not! She is insane!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
I've been working with Merrill Graham for several years now, and have made leaps and bounds in how I handle my depression and anxiety. I highly recommend Merrill for counseling services, as she genuinely cares about her patients and their well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
These ratings are unfair. Dr. Graham offers services for court-ordered, high-conflict families. She also offers individual therapy. She is a great therapist!
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
I would agree very much with a previous review by “PapaBear.” Merrill Graham had promised much the same, but in the end did nothing to help the children. It was a complete waste of time and money. I even caught her in a few outright lies. I have never experienced such a poor “therapist” in my life. In the legal community she is a well know “pro mom” therapist, so be aware. There are a lot of negative reviews about her and I would concur that she is a “therapist” that should be avoided.
ADR services can be tricky, and I'm sorry for...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
Merrill is such a great listener; she has strategies that help me get through my self harm thoughts and anxiety attacks. I am normally a closed off, shy person who hates talking about my emotions, but she is really easy to talk to. I am so thankful I found her-Winston the dog is a plus too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
My experience of Merrill has been a very negative experience. She is very one sided and is just trying to get another tally in her book that she has "reunited" a family. She makes me uncomfortable and not safe. I do NOT recommend her. Run while you can.
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
I came out of an abusive marriage and was experiencing PTSD type symptoms around my ex. I had gone through horrible joint counseling sessions with a different counselor where ex yelled, intimidated, mocked, interrupted, and drive recklessly on the way home to scare me. Merrill knew all of this when she requested that I meet with her and ex to discuss coparenting. She promised she'd make it a safe place for me. She sat back while he told me to shut up and interrupted me, and escalated his anger.
AP, I'm sorry to hear of your thoughts. And...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
Merrill likes to come off as caring, concerned and understanding. She promised me that she'd discuss concerns raised by my kids during my divorce with the ex-spouse, but she never did. Instead, she ended up taking sides, and in the end, had all my children frustrated with her empty promises, twisting of truth, and downright accusations. Their counseling sessions to help them "heal" became attack sessions in which they felt accused, invalidated, and ignored.
PearBear, I am sorry that you didn't have a good...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
Excellent therapist who really cares for those she sees and is committed to their growth. Sometimes that means challenging areas of concern. It can be difficult, but if you are willing to work through it, she is too. So glad I was referred.
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?
Ms. Graham was strongly recommended by a close friend whom has had significant professional experience with her. I have found her to be an excellent and attentive listener. I feel she is compassionate, kind, and gentle. I would highly recommend her without any reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Merrill Graham, LMSW?

How was your experience with Merrill Graham?

Compare Providers