Dr. Merrick Horn, DPM

Dr. Merrick Horn, DPM

Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Merrick Horn, DPM is a sports medicine doctor who practices in North Miami Beach, FL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

909 N Miami Beach Blvd Ste 401

• CareOregon
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Horn

Dr. Horn's Experience

Dr. Horn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Podiatric Orthopedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine

Dr. Horn's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Horn "Dr. Merrick Horn is board certified, and re-certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. He is also certified, and re-certified as a credentialed pain practitioner by the American Academy of Pain Management. He has also been a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine for more than 20 years. Dr. Horn is a practicing podiatrist with a subspecialty in sports injuries related to the lower leg, ankle and foot. He uses his knowledge of being a former athlete in serving his patients in the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of sports injuries. Dr. Horn was an accomplished NCAA gymnast, and was a member of the gold medal winning 1981 USA Gymnastic team competing in the World Maccabiah Games. He also served as a personal trainer specializing in lower extremity rehabilitation. Dr. Horn provides his expertise not only to professional, collegiate, and high school athletes, but to athletes of all levels. As a specialist in comprehensive lower leg, ankle, foot, and toenail problems Dr. Horn utilizes the latest technology available to serve the needs of his patients. EDUCATION: Undergraduate: University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Michigan 1984 - Bachelor of Arts Medical School: William Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine - Chicago, Ill 1988- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine CREDENTIALS: Board Certified: American Board of Podiatric Medicine - 1994 Re-certified - 2014 Diplomate: American Academy of Pain Management Professional Affiliations: American College of Sports Medicine American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine American Podiatric Medical Association American Academy of Pain Management American Professional Wound Care Association American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management Florida Podiatric Medical Association Broward County Podiatric Medical Association Personal Podiatrist for Local High School, College, and Professional Athletes Coach of youth Basketball, Football, and Soccer for over 15 years Former gymnast, and 4 year letterwinner / Captain - University of Michigan Member of US World Maccabiah Games team - 1981-Haifa, Israel University of Michigian Gymnastics "Wall of Fame" Member of Wolverine Letterwinners "M" Club Former Personal Trainer with specialty in lower extremity conditioning "

• Sports Medicine

• Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Hammer Toe Repair
  • Ingrown Toenail Surgery
  • Ingrown Toenail Treatment
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Wound Care and Management

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • William Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Horn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Horn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Horn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Horn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Horn to family and friends
Dr. Horn's Performance
Miami, FL |
I went to see Dr. Horne after fracturing my left foot 8 weeks ago. Dr.Horne and his terrific, warm, and friendly office staff always greeted me with a cheerful smile and always treated me in a professional manner. I was taken on time ( even though one time I was late for my appointment) ! Dr Horne is knowledgeable, supportive, and a great listener. After 8 weeks I can now begin to strengthen my foot with the exercises Dr. Horne shared with me!
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Horn is a great podiatrist! Very helpful and educated. I shadowed Dr. Horn and he genuinely cares for each and everyone of his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
He was great!!!! Very friendly and knew it all
in Hollywood, FL |
Definitely recommend! Dr. Horn was very gentle, kind and knowledgeable. His experience was obvious as he knew exactly what my problem was, and how he wanted to treat it. The staff is consistently friendly and accommodating. He is one doctor I truly enjoy seeing. I highly recommend him without any second thoughts. I have also referred several friends to see Dr. Horn, and each one of them had a similar experience to mine.
Miami Beach, Fl |
Have never visited a podiatrist that was so kind, efficient and caring. He knew exactly what was wrong with my heel, and alleviated my heel pain within 3 visits. I have returned to distance running without any setbacks. Not to mention he's nice looking. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and willing to work with my difficult schedule. Definitely recommend.
in Miami, FL |
Speed, quality of service, knowledge and pricing were excellent.
in Miami Beach, FL |
I visited Dr. Horn twice. The first time was due to ankle issue. I had visited two other doctors for the same issue but got the wrong diagnostics from them. Dr. Horn identify the issue and recommended a solution. since than the problem was gone. The second visit was due to pain in my toe. Dr. horn identify the problem correctly. No question that Dr. Horn has a lot of experience in his filed. I'll recommend him with confidence.
in Miami, FL |
Very courteous, made me feel relaxed knowing my fear of doctors and needles. Excellent staff from entering the premises to leaving
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Horn was the only doctor who knew exactly what was wrong with my foot. I had seen several doctors prior to my first visit with doctor Horn, and he knew exactly how to solve my heel pain, and after only a few treatments I was able to return to running 15-20 miles per week and have not had any problems since. I recommend him highly to anyone suffering from heel pain.
in Miami, FL |
Dr.Horn was very efficient on time and knew exactly what to do to ease my pain. very kind and gentle. His staff makes you feel as if you are family and are very friendly.
in Aventura, FL |
Dr. Horn is very professional with a calm and easygoing demeanor and quiet confidence. He is clearly an expert in his field, and communicates well. The Doctor has a no-nonsense approach and efficient process, and his Staff are very supportive and congenial. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Horn to anyone and everyone who may be in need of his services.
in Sunny Isles Beach, FL |
Dr. Merrick Horn is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of being a patient of!! The office staff is extremely friendly and absolutely delightful! I was provided the best possible care and I wish Dr. Horn was my primary physician and not just podiatrist as he is accommodating as well as very knowledgeable!!! Thank you Doctor and staff!!!
in Miami, FL |
My name is Lonzie W. Hunt If i must say to me this is the best doctor in the world he is so kind and really no how to take care of his patient,I call in and get an appointment in a hurry and they take you right in i wish many more doctor was like him in my book he is a(5) the tops.
in Miami, FL |
I have been seeing Dr.Horn for the last 2 months on a weekly basis due to injury . He is a very knowledgable Doctor and knows his stuff ! He led me thru a speedy recovery. The visits are prompt, the staff is friendly . The location is easy to access . I highly recommend Dr.Horn for anything Podiatry related . Thank you Dr.Horn for all your help.
in Miami, FL |
I am a regular patient of Dr, Horn being that I get persistent ingrown toe nails. Dr. Horn is patient and gentle. The staff is the greatest. They make you feel as if you are a friend coming to visit. I highly recommend this office.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Horn is very dedicated to his patients and his profession. I first saw Dr. Horn in 2009. I recently starting to experience some pain in my foot. Knew exactly who to go for advice. Dr. Horn takes the time to explain. As a patient you are fully aware and included in the process towards your healing. I highly recommend Dr. Horn as he is both knowledgeable and approachable. I trust Dr. Horn completely!
MIAMI GARDENS |
Dr. Horn is extremely professional and proficient in his craft. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Hallandale, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Horn for years as has my entire family. Dr. Horn is the BEST and truly takes time with his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable, personable, and most importantly he TRULY cares about his patients. I've been to him with everything from an ingrown toe nail to a broken toe and have been more than satisfied every time. I wouldn't dream of trusting my feet to anyone else!!!!!
in Miami, FL |
What impressed me the most was the attention to detail.
in Miami, FL |
Excellent Doctor and wonderful staff. Highly recommended!
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Horn is knowledgeable, patient with people in pain, recommend helpful info, very gentle & very punctual with appointments. I have been going to him since 2002 & have & will continue to recommend him to everyone I know who have foot problems. He is the best foot Dr. I have had in years.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Horn is a wonderful doctor. I would recommend his expertise to anyone. Great experience.
in Miami, FL |
Very friendly staff, they take excellent care of me and Dr. Horn is as masterful as he is friendly!
in North Miami Beach, FL |
Dr. Horn is an amazing doctor on all fronts. He is very knowledgeable, direct and take charge in his decisions about what to do about your specific medical issue. He resolves the issues that you come in for immediately. He also has a wonderful and friendly bedside manner in the way that he interacts with his patients. HIs office staff is also extremely friendly and accommodating to your schedule. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Miami, FL |
in Dr. Horn's office you are welcomed by the most gracious and competent staff. You are never a number, problem, or ailment; you are a person and treated with respect always. Dr. Horn always brings his warm smile and complete concern for your well being. He is patient and knowledgeable and you are NEVER rushed. He shares in your joy when your health shows improvement. Dr. Horn is a combination of integrity, compassion and warmth. When I am finally healed I will be forever grateful for my care.
Have you seen Dr. Merrick Horn, DPM?
Are you Dr. Horn?

• Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
    Coventry Health Care of Florida PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
    Employer Group PPO