Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD

PsychologyFemaleAge 49

Psychology

Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD is a Psychologist in Fairfax, VA. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD

Dr. Mercedes Alfaro

11166 Fairfax Blvd Ste 402 Fairfax, VA 22030 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Dr. Alfaro treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Alfaro's conditions and procedures:

• Cognitive Assessment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Rehabilitation
  • Impaired Cognition
  • Psychological Testing
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Alfaro accepts

Dr. Alfaro accepts the following insurance:

Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Dr. Alfaro's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alfaro

3.7

Dr. Alfaro

Dr. Alfaro has provided me with one of the most accurate Neurological Evaluations I have ever received since being diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury in 2010. I have been evaluated by multiple health care professionals, however Dr. Alfaro’s evaluation is by far one of the closest examinations I’ve had that almost felt like I performed it myself. I couldn’t believe how well she was able to accurately identify my cognitive skills, strengths, weakness, my emotional wellbeing, and physical wellbeing. I would highly recommend Dr.Alfaro to other patients who have cognitive issues.
Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD?
I went to Dr. Alfaro for a neuropsychological test. That was a huge mistake. She wrote significant amounts of incorrect information about me in her report (she does not listen), and therefore came up with incorrect recommendations and conclusions. When I tried to get her to fix the report and analysis so that it actually reflected me as a patient, she refused. I even submitted the corrections to her in writing and had another doctor call her to help explain even further. Even though her mistakes were obvious and shouldn't have needed so much explaining. After all this, her report provided no useful information for the treatment of my case, plus her qualitative takeaways contradicted her own neuropsychological data on me. Whatever you do, stay away from her practice!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD?
I was referred to Dr. Alfaro from B.I.S { Brain Injury Services} to get updated neuropsychological testing & reevaluation/assessment for TBI & PTSD stemmed from near fatal car accident. My experience w/ her was exceptional tho extensive, I highly recommend due to my complex case. I appreciate her professionalism,intelligence,kind demeanor & attention to details for accurate results, made me feel safe. Rare! Thank you!
rebecca p in Great Falls, VA – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alfaro?

• Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Neuropsychology

2004
Washington DC VA Medical Center
2002
Jackson Memorial Hospital-University Miami School Medicine

Is Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD accepting new patients?

Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Alfaro's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Alfaro accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD's top areas of care?

Dr. Alfaro frequently treats Cognitive Assessment, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Cognitive Rehabilitation. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Alfaro treats.

Where is Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD's office located?

Dr. Alfaro's office is located at 11166 Fairfax Blvd Ste 402, Fairfax, VA 22030. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD speak?

Dr. Alfaro speaks Spanish and English. View profile to see all.

Does Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Alfaro has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Mercedes Alfaro, PHD?

Dr. Mercedes Alfaro

Applied Neuropsychological Services, P.C.11166 Fairfax Blvd Ste 402 Fairfax, VA 22030