Nutrition  |
Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM
Dr. Grovit was formerly Adjunct Associate Research Scientist and a clinical nutritionist at Columbia University Medical Center. He is currently in private practice integrating clinical nutrition into the management of diverse clinical disorders. He is Sidney Solid Distinguished Professor Emeritus at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine (NYCPM). Dr. Grovit was a Board Certified podiatrist and held numerous leadership positions at NYCPM over his forty- year career at that institution. He was Professor and Chairman of the Department of Medical Sciences and Chief of the Foot Clinics of New York (FCNY) as well as Director of the Emergency Response Team at FCNY. He has received numerous academic and leadership awards during his career including a Leadership Award from the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists, Outstanding Service Award from the American College of Nutrition, NYCPM Award for Contributions to the Advancement of Podiatric Medical Education, Student Leadership and Excellence in Teaching Award at NYCPM, Distinguished Alumnus Award from NYCPM, Stephen Seifer Good Fellow Award from NYCPM, Recognition Award From Jewish Memorial Hospital for Contributions to the Advancement of Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Grovit was Chairman of Podiatric Medicine and Podiatric Medical Residency Education at Jewish Memorial Hospital (JMH) in New York City and a member of the JMH Medical Board. Dr. Grovit has served as Chairman of the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists and Board Member of the New York State Board for Dietetics and Nutrition. He is currently a member and former Chairman of the Examination Development Committee for the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists and a member of the New York State Board for Dietetics and Nutrition Peer Panel. Dr. Grovit developed Crohn's disease as a teenager and because of his extraordinary early life experience with this disease and its complications, he was inspired to develop nutrition protocols targeted to inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.) Early on, Dr. Grovit recognized the significance of optimal nutrition for IBD in the form of personalized diet modifications, targeted nutraceutical and specific probiotic administration. He received an academic grant from the American Podiatric Medical Association for the graduate study of human nutrition. Trained by faculty of the Columbia University Institute of Human Nutrition and the University of Bridgeport Institute of Nutrition, he received his Master of Science degree in Biology with certification in human nutrition in 1986. .

50 Main St Unit 1044

White Plains, NY 10606

Learn about Dr. Grovit

A respectful and collaborative patient-centered nutrition practice dedicated to integrating nutrition science into the management of diverse clinical disorders.

Dr. Grovit's Experience

Dr. Grovit's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Nutrition

• Nutrition
  • Metabolic Nutrition
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Nutrition Education

Dr. Grovit does not have any board certifications listed.

• Celiac Disease
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Kidney Stones
  • Ulcerative Colitis

• Nutritional Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Southern Connecticut State University
  • Master Of Science In Human Nutrition
    Other Education | Completed 1986
  • University Of Bridgeport Institute Of Nutrition
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Dr. Grovit has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Grovit has no media or publications listed.

• Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member

Dr. Grovit's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grovit to family and friends
Dr. Grovit's Performance
in Long Island, NY |
Thanks to Dr Grovit I can live a normal life with Crohns Disease. Three years ago I was critically ill, 60 cm of my intestine was removed and no one could help me get my life back together, I didn't know what to eat or what to do anymore. Miraculously just by speaking to someone about my illness her Daughter sees Dr Grovit and ever since I started going to him my life has changed for the best. His compassion, knowledge and nutritional advice has helped me live my life again!!!
in SWEDEN |
The adjustment of diet and supplement that Melvyn has helped my beloved son with, has been completely invaluable. Amazing to see the importance of exact correct composition of vitamins, minerals and the right balance of food and energy. Just like everything else, it's the details that makes it. Unbelievable to meet people like Melvyn with such a great commitment, great heart and such a solid knowledge of nutrition and the body's doctrine. Thank you Melvyn, you are our hero, especially Gustavs!
in Baldwin |
His vast knowledge of the body and how it is affected by food is nothing short of miraculous. He has helped me though a difficult Crohn's period and has me leading a normal life again.
in Cliffside Park, NJ |
When I found Dr. Grovit, I would take 3-5 trips to the bathroom a day, and be in there for 1.5-2 hours. His guidance has changed my life. Whether we are discussing nutrition and insulin ratios for the treatment of my type 1 diabetes, or supplements to support gut health for my celiac disease, Dr. Grovit proves that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. You will not find a more humble, kind, and knowledgeable doctor outside of a Hollywood script. Dr. G is a true hero.
in East Brunswick, NJ |
I can't say enough to explain how grateful I am for Dr. Grovit! He patiently taught me how to live with a colostomy and what is more, to enjoy eating again without any pain! He also taught me in simple terms what my body needs nutritionally and the best way to prepare all foods so as to avoid pain digesting them. I thank God everyday that my primary care doctor recommended I see him. Dr Grovit is a blessing!
in N. Massapequa, NY |
When I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at age 12, I almost gave up on doctors because nothing they prescribed was working. Dr. Grovit is my guardian angel! He saved my life and because of him I'm finally living it, Thanks to his nutrition protocol.
in Dubai, UAE |
I was diagnosed with UC three years ago. Last year I had a relapse and medications did not seem to help. Having heard of Dr. Grovit I traveled all the way from the Middle East to see him. He not only could understand my symptoms and explain them (something no doctor had previously been able to), he was confident in being able to treat me. A few moths later, I am feeling better than ever, out of the relapse. I am on the minimal course of medication. Dr Grovit is an excellent listener & physician!
in Ocala, FL |
When my daughter was diagnosed with UC at age 8, she was refractory to every medication she tried. With Dr. Grovit's expertise, we have been able to get her growing and healthy! While we haven't been able to avoid meds, the medications are working with her strong nutritional foundation!! My daughter is now 13 and thriving. Dr. Grovit is not only brilliant, he is sensitive, empathic and accessible. He has truly been our angel since 2013. There is nobody else like him in the world.
Dublin, D |
While trying to find options to help our very sick daughter with Crohns disease we came across Dr. Grovit. We made the decision to travel all the way from Ireland to New York see him. Besst decision we ever made. We spent about 4 hours with him in his offices and by the time we left we had a detailed and personalised nutritional plan in place which with which to finally start a journey of true healing. For the first time in years we felt hope. Dr. Grovit is an amazing doctor & an amazing person.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Grovit Is the most wonderful, knowledgeable, and compassionate Doctor we have had. He was instrumental in getting our daughter ( (IBD) into remission with diet and supplements. It's not exaggeration to say that he gave our daughter her life back! We traveled all the way from the west coast to see him. His appointments are thorough and he is incredible at modifying the treatment to address his patients needs! His understanding of autoimmune conditions is incomparable.
Long Island, NY |
Dr. Melvyn Grovit has given our 14 year old son his life back! When we first met with Dr. Grovit over 2 years ago, we were heartbroken and weary from watching our child suffer the effects of Crohn's Disease. He was the answer to our prayers for healing. We have never felt more care, compassion, competency and hope from a doctor. Dr. Grovit is an expert in clinical nutrition and has proven over and over how one can manage illness and disease with proper nutrition, vitamins and neutraceuticals.
Plano, TX |
We travelled from Texas to NY to see Dr Grovit and he did not disappoint. He spent 4 hours with us explaining my daughters disease to her and outlining a plan. He has since been available to answer emails or phone calls with a quick response time. We are thrilled that her health has improved as she has learned to manage her symptoms with the tools Dr G taught her.
in Buffalo, NY |
When my 3yr old son was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, I was beside myself with heartbreak and worry. I wasn't sure where to turn, but after much research, I found Dr. Grovit. We traveled over 700 miles to see him, and I can honestly say it was one of the BEST decisions I have ever made. My son is doing amazingly well by following Dr. Grovit's nutrition protocol. I could not be more thankful for Dr. Grovit and all he has done (and continues to do) for my family. He has changed our lives!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Grovit is the one that have give us hope, the one that have listen to our concerns as parent regarding our son condition. He is guiding us and helping us every day. If we have a question or something to tell him or ask him, he will call us immediately! I really recommend Dr. Grovit to anyone!
in Etobicoke, ON |
Dr. Grovit has Been a light in the darkness for us. He has always given us hope, guidance, reassurance and sound advice. He has always been there when guidamce is needed. His compassion and level of professionalism is why we sought him out in the first place. It was the testimony of others that lead us to our own experience with Dr. Grovit which has been remarkable. We as a family can not say ENOUGH about how wonderful our experience has been and continues to be with Dr. Grovit.
in Massapequa, New York |
From the moment we spoke with Dr. Melvyn Grovit, his expertise, knowledge, compassion, and care for our daughter's well-being was life changing! He is a dedicated Doctor that is a true leader in the field of clinical nutrition. Our daughter's Crohn's disease was extremely complicated and severe. However, she has been living a happy and healthy life for the past eight years, utilizing his nutritional plan. I highly recommend Dr. Melvyn Grovit. He is the answer to our prayers!
Have you seen Dr. Melvyn Grovit, DPM?
Are you Dr. Grovit?