Melissa Michel, LPC

Melissa Michel, LPC

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Melissa Michel, LPC is a psychotherapist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from Chatham University in 2007 and specializes in psychotherapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

1580 McLaughlin Run Rd Ste 214

Pittsburgh, PA 15241

• CompPsych
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC Health Plan

Learn about Melissa Michel

Melissa Michel's bio

This content was provided by Melissa Michel "I provide psychotherapy to adolescents, couples, and families as well as educational planning services. I have extensive experience in diagnostic psychotherapy, motivational interviewing, Gestalt Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I have published social psychology testing materials at the University of Pittsburgh while working on several major nationally funded depression and anxiety studies. I also have extensive evaluation and legal consultation experience. I have a master's degree in counseling psychology from Chatham University, and did my undergraduate work in Psychology and English Literature at the University of Pittsburgh. I worked on depression and anxiety studies both before and after graduate school at The University of Pittsburgh under distinguished and published psychiatrists and psychologists. I did my clinical training focusing on depression, anxiety, and behavioral disorders. I have years of experience working with couples and families in a private practice psychotherapy settings. In addition to my therapeutic and private consultation services, I provide court-ordered treatment and evaluations for families and individuals for a variety of concerns such as court-ordered co-parenting counseling, family custody mediations, drug and alcohol treatment/education classes, and court-ordered anger management therapy. I provide efficient and professional reports for local magistrates and attorneys in the Pittsburgh area."

This content was provided by Melissa Michel "Everyone in our office, from our receptionist to your counselor, has one goal in mind: to help you feel better. We know that when your mind isn't in top shape that your entire outlook on life can be affected. That's why we will always tailor treatment modalities and utilize modern technology to accelerate growth.

Please don't take chances with your mental health. A wellness plan that's easy to follow through on is key to emotional maturity through your life. We provide a safe environment for you to express your deepest dreams and anxieties, to fully express yourself without fear of judgment, and to explore the issues closest to your heart and mind. We offer convient appointment times and make counseling fit into any lifestyle."

• Psychotherapy
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Mental Health

Melissa Michel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Family Counseling
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Adult Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • LGBT Affirmative Psychotherapy
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Pittsburgh, Main
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
    Other Education | Completed 2007
  • Elementary and Secondary School Counseling License In Pa
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Melissa Michel has no awards or honors listed.

Melissa Michel has no media or publications listed.

Melissa Michel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Melissa Michel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Melissa Michel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Melissa Michel to family and friends

Melissa Michel's Performance

No complaints, a great psychologist who helped me though rough times.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Melissa was professional, friendly, and easy to talk to about my anxiety. I have learned so much from her over the years and feel therapy has helped me becomes a better mom, wife, and friend. I value our sessions and what I have learned about myself.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Ms. Michel was so kind, thoughtful, and listened to me with genuine empathy. The office is so nice and comfortable with drinks and snacks to make you feel at home. I never thought I would find someone I could trust to help me through my tough times but I am glad I did!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Melissa was helpful & skillful! I appreciated all of her help and skillfulness with my problems.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Melissa was friendly and helpful and was able to help us as parents of a struggling teenager get perspective and relief that our daughter was being helped by a professional and friendly therapist.
Are you Melissa Michel?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Psychotherapy