Melissa Mayo, LDEM

Melissa Mayo, LDEM

Midwifery  |
Female
Melissa Mayo, LDEM is a midwifery provider who practices in Murray, UT. Read her story

5107 S 900 E Ste 140

Murray, UT 84117

Learn about Melissa Mayo

Melissa Mayo's bio

This content was provided by Melissa Mayo "Warm, hilarious, wise. Calm under pressure." I am a wife of 40 years to an amazing husband and the mother of two now-grown children born into the hands of midwives. The care I received with my babies influenced me to pursue birth work. I trained first as a childbirth educator, attended births as a doula, certified as a lactation consultant, and then became a midwife through the apprenticeship model in Alaska. I've been involved with birth since 1981 and attended my first births as a student in '82, becoming a midwife soon after the state passed the law in '92 providing a midwifery board and an avenue to be a midwife in Alaska. I moved to Utah in 2001 and continue to enjoy serving families as a midwife now more than ever. I savor the memories of being grandmother, mom, and midwife simultaneously at the births of my grandchildren. These were pinnacle experiences in my life that have fueled my passion to provide competent and compassionate care to those seeking guidance on their birth journey. I am honored to be a part of such a special time in your life and work to create a space that is peaceful and respectful. I believe that in a vast majority of cases, out of hospital birth provides the most comfortable environment for women to labor as well as the most gentle and safest welcome for baby. To learn more about my experience or my services, feel free to contact me.

This content was provided by Melissa Mayo "Melissa Mayo has over 35 years of experience ushering her clients into the journey of parenthood. She's passionate about those she serves and takes great pride in the many repeat clients in Alaska and now Utah that have chosen to birth with her over and over.

Melissa Mayo is an expert in normal, natural childbirth. She takes an evidence-based approach to midwifery with continuing education and training, peer-reviewed treatment, and a focus on prevention. She believes a midwife should be both hands-on with comfort measures and emotional support and hands-off with limited interventions and a respect for the unique process of birth.

We place great emphasis on a personalized birthing experience. You hold the reigns as we build a plan for your ideal birth. You will not hear the words "allow" or "prohibit" but instead gentle guidance and education. We honor your birth plan and your freedom to choose your course of care."

• Midwifery
  • Lactation Consulting
  • Prenatal Care

Melissa Mayo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Pregnancy

• Natural Childbirth
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Prenatal Testing
  • Ultrasound
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Water Birth Delivery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Education data for Melissa Mayo is unavailable at this time.

Melissa Mayo has no awards or honors listed.

Melissa Mayo has no media or publications listed.

Melissa Mayo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Melissa Mayo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Melissa Mayo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Melissa Mayo to family and friends
based on 7 total reviews
Melissa Mayo's Performance
Have you seen Melissa Mayo, LDEM?
Are you Melissa Mayo?