Dr. Melissa Freizinger, PHD

Dr. Melissa Freizinger, PHD

Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Melissa Freizinger, PHD is a psychologist in Weymouth, MA. She specializes in psychology, adolescent medicine, and more.Read her story

541 Main St Bldg Stetson

Weymouth, MA 02190

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Freizinger

Dr. Freizinger's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Freizinger "My interest in eating disorders developed while working as a researcher and group clinician with women experiencing infertility at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. It became evident to me that in order to work with women, I needed to understand eating disorders both clinically and emotionally from the patient's experience. I began working at an eating disorder inpatient unit. My work with women experiencing infertility and my interest in eating disorders resulted in my dissertation research, "The Prevalence of Eating Disorders in Infertile Women." My work was published and has contributed to the knowledge in both the reproductive endocrinology and eating disorder fields. As I continued to work in the field of eating disorders, I realized the importance and urgency of treating patients who are newly diagnosed. As a result, I have shifted the focus of my work to the treatment of younger patients using Family Based Treatment. It is my belief that early intervention is key in the fight against eating disorders. We can help and empower families to attain the skills necessary to help their child fully recover. Through behavioral therapy, we can help patients and families see that full recovery is possible. "

• Psychology
  • Adolescent Medicine
  • Eating Disorders

Dr. Freizinger does not have any board certifications listed.

• Eating Disorder Treatment
  • Eating Management
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Education data for Dr. Freizinger is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Freizinger has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Freizinger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Freizinger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Freizinger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Freizinger's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Freizinger to family and friends