Dr. Megan Hennessay, DO

Dr. Megan Hennessay, DO

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Megan Hennessay, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Redondo Beach, CA. She is 36 years old and has been practicing for 4 years. Dr. Hennessay is affiliated with Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro and Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance.

Providence Medical Group

520 N Prospect Ave Ste 103

Redondo Beach, CA 90277

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Hennessay

Dr. Hennessay's Experience

Dr. Hennessay's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Hennessay "Meg Hennessay, D.O., was born and raised in Kansas. She attended the University of La Verne in California for her undergraduate education and Western University of Health Sciences for medical school. She completed her residency training in Los Angeles at UCLA-affiliated Kaiser Los Angeles Medical Center.

Dr. Hennessay promotes health and the prevention of disease through vaccination, exercise, nutrition, and in managing illness using evidence-based medicine."

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Bladder Diseases
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chest Pain
  • Fever
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Injuries
  • Liver Damage from Alcohol
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Malnutrition
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea

• Joint Injection
  • Liver Function Test
  • Pap Smear
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for California.

• Western U Hlt Sci Col Osteo Med Of The Pacific
    Medical School | Graduated 2013
  • Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Los Angeles
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Family Med
  • Kaiser/UCLA Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Hennessay has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hennessay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hennessay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hennessay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hennessay to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Hennessay's Performance
Los Angeles, CA |
My experience with her was beyond horrible im a 22 year old female who suffers from fatigue with very heavy period flow, I use contraceptives for period regulation i not even sexually active. She refused to give me the depo shot without a pregnancy test, She is fully equipped to run a 3 minute hcg in the exam room to confirm im not pregnant and i could have easily got the shot the very same day. She refused to check my thyroid and iron levels due to abnormalities in the past. Terrible Doctor!
in Redondo Beach, CA |
I saw Dr. Hennessay since my physician had retired. Initially, she seemed to listen to my history. As the appt. went on, her main focus became cutting costs, even stating "taking tests causes everyone's health care to go up". She actually refused to give me an iron test because she "doesn't give willy nilly tests without scientific proof". She didn't listen well either, because I actually handed her the lab order from my last Dr. and was just asking if it had expired. She was quite offensive!
I am sorry to hear you felt this way. I try my best to be forthcoming about evidence based medicine and how ordering tests can actually be harmful (false positive results) if we do not have a reason to check for them. I mention cost because as doctors, reckless ordering has caused the US to have the highest health costs but the worst health outcomes in the industrialized world--more testing just raises your premium unfortunately. I promise to do no harm and always act in your best interest.
Redondo Beach, CA |
I was having the hardest time finding a primiary care physician until I met Dr. Hennessay. Dr. Hennessay really takes the time to listen, talk and work with me. A lot of doctors have a way of making you feel like a number. With her I know I am the main focus and health is a real concern. Not just giving me medication and sending me on way. I also like that I can talk openly with her about things I know we have a difference of opinion on and I do not feel judged. Happy to finally have a great MD!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I saw her for 1st priority symptoms which require urgent care compassion and lots of time from the doctor which i did not receive any. I was extremely dissatisifed with our encounter she was abnormally obsessed with time and getting out of their asap she treated me like a number not a human being. She was very agressive, cold, apathetic not caring towards my needs and symptoms. health care is a 2 way street we are a team she must consider and respect my opinion and me as a patient. 1 Star!
I am sorry to hear you felt this way. Unfortunately, due to the urgent care workflow and demands we are not afforded an abundance of time, but that does not make your issue unimportant to me. I apologize for you feeling "like a number"--I assure you that is not the case.
Palos Verdes, CA |
This woman is actually amazing. She looks you in the eye, treats your like a human, and is actually hilarious. I've never had a doctor be so attentive and kind. She gets it and is super down to earth and real. Also, I never thought I'd be writing a review about a doctor but SHE IS SO COOL. Ladies, if you're looking for a primary care physician, she's your gal.
I have seen Dr. Hennessay on several occasions now. During my last visit I discovered my regular PCP decided to leave which left me with the option to switch to Dr. Hennessay! She is awesome, takes time to listen to my concerns, tells me how it is in a way I can understand. It is very clear to me that she knows what she is talking about and gives evidence based reasons for her medical decisions. She is very easy to get along with. I would recommend her to friends and family!
in Redondo Beach, CA |
Dr. Hennessay is overall a honest and knowledgeable physician. She currently has an office in the Providence Health Services building in Redondo Beach which offers easy parking and access. In my opinion she seems like a very caring doctor and is willing to listen to your concerns and will give you an honest diagnosis/suggestions based on facts. She is very pleasant and easy to talk to, while at the same time being very honest and direct. It does seem like her #1 priority is your well-being.
Hermosa Beach, CA |
I had Dr. Hennesay treat me at an urgent care visit. She was very kind and listened to everything I had to say about why I came in. I was so impressed with her thoroughness and care that I told her I wish I could have her as my regular doctor. She told me that she also did primary care for Providence and that she could see me as a regular patient!
in los angeles , CA |
I saw her for fatigue dizziness tiredness, etc. so many symptoms i told her to run thyroid test and and CBC tests the whole nine yards she was rude and said it was all in my head and said b/c I'm bipolar the symptoms could be in my mind so b/c/ i have a mental problem she would not run any tests also insulted my intelligence and said i could be coming of my meds talking all ghetto to me as if I'm not articulate. horrible doctor and has a horrible attitude!! who insults ppl wasted my time
I am sorry to hear you felt this way after our encounter. Tests should only be ordered when after reviewing your former labs and history/physical exam, they would add value or information to the diagnosis. Every lab panel has a moderate chance of false positive results--so there is a chance of causing more harm than good in running a test that wasn't necessary to help you. I hope you are feeling better. Sincerely, Dr. Hennessay
Have you seen Dr. Megan Hennessay, DO?

Visit Dr. Hennessay