Meg Lukan, LCPC

Cognitive & Behavioral PsychologyFemaleAge 54

Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology

Meg Lukan, LCPC is a Cognitive & Behavioral Psychologist in Algonquin, IL. Her office accepts new patients.

Meg Lukan, LCPC

Meg O. Lukan M.S., L.C.P.C., LLC

2390 Esplanade Dr Ste 206 Algonquin, IL 60102

"Meg's counseling style has been described as supportive, educational, and solution-focused, while also being friendly, intuitive, and compassionate. Meg believes, "for every problem, there is a solution," and she he..."

- Meg Lukan, LCPC

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Meg Lukan treats your condition or procedure

Meg Lukan's conditions and procedures:

• Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Counseling
  • Individual Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Meg Lukan accepts

Meg Lukan accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Meg Lukan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Meg Lukan

A CARING, THOUGHTFUL THERAPIST
I’ve been seeing Meg Lukan for the past five years, and during this time, she has been the driver behind my personal accountability, growth, and healing. She has helped me contextualize my adoption, ADHD and childhood PTSD so I could move forward in life as a better parent, partner, and friend. Most recently, she has helped me navigate parenting a teen and being the caregiver to a parent with dementia. It was a difficult time, and Meg was always there to ensure I made it through. If you’re seeking a “Yes Man” therapist who validates your every thought and impulse, Meg might not be a good fit for you, but if you’re ready to take that scary first step towards self love and self actualization, I can’t think of a better person to help you on your journey.
Denise D. – Nov 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is a fantastic therapist!
I have been seeing Meg for quite some time. She has helped me navigate some very difficult situations, events, and emotions. She is extremely easy to talk to and share. I always leave with a tool and/or a perspective I hadn’t had before my session. Meg has in-depth knowledge about human behavior and has so much insight. I have recommended her to friends and family. I would recommend her to anyone!
Mar 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is a great therapist, she really breaks down your issues and helps you find multiple options on how to address them.
Jeff Tomaselli – Jan 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
If you are looking for a therapist for your child, look no further because Meg is the one! She is patient, knowledgeable, and genuinely cares about her clients. My son has been seeing Meg for about 10 months now and is a completely different young man...for the better! Meg is so amazing that all my children see her to learn coping skills, how to set healthy boundaries, and many other skills to help them thrive in the world we live in today. I like Meg so much that I have referred a close friend to her as well. I can't say enough wonderful things about her!!
Dec 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
I adore Meg and I am so happy I found her. She helped me navigate life after a divorce and has now become more of a life coach for me. I talk to her about everything and I love how easy she is to talk to. She speaks from a place of education and experience but she melds that with something more personable and harder to find that can’t be summed up into words. She radiates empathy and a genuine warmth. Meg has a way of objectively talking about things, so that you’re able to see and understand things you don’t necessarily see or think about. She’s not afraid to point out things that might not be working and helps you work through them. She’s helped me realize things about my past/current self and through my continual sessions, I work through everyday challenges that help me lead a better life and work toward a future I want. She’s incredibly responsive, flexible in scheduling and even sends out reminders. I recommend her to anyone working through various stages of life challenges.
Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
I was looking for a therapist for my son to see. I worked at a social service agency and some of the therapists recommended Meg. I eventually needed a quality therapeutic relationship myself, having issues of depression and anxiety. I connected with Meg and felt comfortable and respected from the beginning. Our relationship has continued for many years, at times more frequent than others. I have always felt better and more at peace after our sessions. Meg lets you talk, but also knows when it is time for her expertise and knowledge to be the priority. That is, I'm not just there to blow off steam. I don't think Meg holds anything back, can give you a different perspective and help you to process and deal with life's inevitable and sometimes unfair twists and turns. I even took my mother to see her. She was 98 then and had a good deal of anxiety and fear in her life. As with me, mom left her sessions smiling, calmer and more at ease.
Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is amazing! She really listens to you and is easy to talk to. I see her and 2 of my children see her as well. My boys find it easy to open up to Meg and talk to her. Meg is friendly, professional, and honest. I highly recommend her!
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is amazing. She is so easy to talk to and has helped me change my life. I know I can always count on her whenever I need her.
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg has been an amazing support for my family. Within 18 months, we were faced with unexpected and significant loss of two very close family members. She helped us cope then and remains a valued and trusted partner as we continue our journey.
Mar 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
I felt so comfortable speaking with Meg. I felt like she gave me the tools and advice I needed without judging me for some of the mistakes I have made in my life. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.
Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg was very supportive while I was experiencing postpardum depression. I was very comfortable with her and she gave me excelente coping skills.
Meg was a ver good listener and provided me excele in Elgin, IL – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Lukan. She is amazing with kids (pre-teen and teen)! She has worked with my children and me and has helped us all. I would highly recommend her!
Ann in Kane County, IL – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is AWESOME! She is insightful and kind, but also tells you what you need to hear in order to move past thought patterns and behaviors that aren't serving you well in your daily life. I am grateful to have found such a wonderful therapist. I highly recommend her.
Lisa in IL – Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg helped me through a difficult transition in my life, she’s still helping me. She’s pushed me when I needed pushing, questioned me when I needed to ask myself the hard questions. Her guidance has been invaluable and I have recommended her to my friends. We’ve laughed. We’ve cried. We’ve taken this journey together. I wish I would have met her years ago. Then again, everything has happened exactly as it should have, in its own time. *brave* Thank you Meg.
Jan 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is very personable, kind and safe. She really helped me through a tough time of loss and trauma. I highly recommend her!
Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
We weren't sure what to expect and were concerned that our daughter wouldn't open up to anyone, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our experience has been well beyond our hopes and prayers. Ms. Lukan has helped our daughter immensely, which has helped our family as well. Our daughter has grown, matured and gained self confidence while learning how to work through life's challenges and obstacles.
CARPENTERSVILLE, IL – Dec 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
After being referred to Meg by my daughter's pediatrician, she has been working with my daughter for the past 6 months. I have seen a tremendous change, growth and positivity coming from their time spent together. My husband and I are very pleased with the care and treatment she has been providing and will continue to provide!
Renee K. in IL – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg is a great listener and problem solver for the whole family.
Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
Meg was wonderful to work with, she always on time and uplifting. She always asked the perfect questions, and I always left with a new perspective. I would highly recommend her to any one.
Connie – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?
I’ve tried to go to therapists over the years and after one or two times I just never went back because I wasn’t comfortable. My experience with Meg has been completely different and I always leave her office feeling better than when I entered. I recommend her to my family and friends all the time!
Barbara L in Crystal Lake Il – Sep 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Meg Lukan, LCPC?

How was your experience with Meg Lukan?