Contact provider for availability

Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt

Social Work ·  Female

Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt

Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt is a social worker in Buffalo, NY. She specializes in social work and clinical social work.

Contact provider for availability

Make an appointment

Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt accepts

(716) 883-1914

Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt accepts the following insurance:

Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

3.0

Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?
Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt's Performance
What People Say About Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt
Horrible went there with anxiety and depression related to chronic illness Ms Gerwitz either cancelled or rescheduled almost every appt I had. Unorganized uncaring unprofessional I left her practice with not just anxiety and depression but also with full on panic attacks
×Post a ResponseAre you Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?
I love this counselor. She has never kep me waiting for an appointment, never talked about other patients in front of me. she always has listened well, imposing good questions, giving great insights and let me explore myself. She never “told” me my issues but let me “find and solve”them myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?
Ms. Gerwitz is a very caring and knowledgeable counselor. She knew things about me before I was ready to admit them to myself. She then gently helped me accept and embrace my true self. I saw her for suicidal depression and finally embraced my transgender nature with her guidance. My depression has been replaced by euphoria and I am finally becoming the best, happiest person I can possibly be.
×Post a ResponseAre you Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?
My name is Maureen Gerwitz. I have no idea who wrote this review but I would be happy to speak with you. I do not like ANY client to leave my office unhappy. Fact of the matter is that I have not worked at JFS since 2008, so I am wondering what took so long to put a review here. I am person-centered in my approach. I truly believe any day of the week a therapist can sit where the client sits or where I sit; depending on the roles we all play in life. To have peace you need to be peace.
×Post a ResponseAre you Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?
Incredibly unprofessional. Jumped up to take pain meds and vitamins during session. Talked about how she thought patient files and insurance info was compromised at old office, and how she sometimes needs patients to tell her when the session is over because she "stops paying attention". Disclosed information about other patients on the phone. Ran late for my initial appt and announced in the waiting room that she would be seeing another person ahead of me for an emergency evaluation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?

How was your experience with Maureen Gerwitz-Hirschfelt?

Compare Providers