Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM

Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM

Podiatric Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM is a podiatric surgery doctor who practices in Libertyville, IL. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

1900 Hollister Dr # 160

Libertyville, IL 60048

Learn about Dr. Sorensen

See how frequently Dr. Sorensen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
Foot Conditions
Limb Pain
high

Dr. Sorensen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Podiatric Surgery
  • Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction

Dr. Sorensen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Morton's Neuroma

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Bethel University-Saint Paul, Minnesota
  • Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Center-The Ohio State University-Columbus, Oh
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center At The Ohio State University Medical Center
    Other Education | Completed 2009

Dr. Sorensen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sorensen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sorensen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sorensen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sorensen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sorensen to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Sorensen's Performance
in Woodridge |
Dr Sorensen did a fabulous job on my ankle surgery. I was nervous beforehand and he was very diligent in alleviating my fears. He also earned the praise of my physical therapist post op. "Your surgeon is phenomenal given how well you are progressing already". I cannot say enough about how comfortable I felt with Dr Sorensen taking care of my ankle.
in Union Grove, WI |
Dr. Sorenson and his team is a wonderful and caring group. He was always willing to answer questions and get me in whenever I needed. His nurse was fantastic with me and always helped me get my fears in check. I would highly recommend them!!!
in Lake Forest, IL |
Dr. Sorenson has a wonderful bedside manner as well as versed expertise in the area of foot and ankle. I was well informed of the surgery and expectations to correct a severe bunion. He did an outstanding job fixing an otherwise very poor foot. My follow up visits with him were friendly but to the point! One must be prepared to do the work that is needed to heal. He gave me all the tools to be successful. I am back to running and it has been only 5 months!
Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Sorensen is wonderful. He’s so easy to talk to and knows how to explain the issues you are having.
in kenosha |
Dr. Sorenson and his staff are easy to work with and make difficult situations easy to understand. I always felt listened to and cared for.
in Antioch, IL |
Dr. Sorensen and his team are the best, and my surgically repaired ankle is better than ever thanks to them. From start to finish, he thoroughly explained exactly what was going on and how he was going to fix it. I was a little nervous and thought about putting surgery off but boy am I glad I didn't. Its awesome to be able to walk without being nervous about rolling my ankle. Also, his staff is amazing. Suzanne and Amanda were super friendly and helpful throughout and they make a great team.
Kenosha, WI |
Lied to me about having arthritis in my foot to cover up the mistakes his former colleague made. He fused my joint because this 'arthritis' developed so quickly (3-6 months, i was 30 yrs old ) & became so severe, that permanent joint fixation was my only option. Come to find out, after seeing a REAL MD, that I never had arthritis (and clearly this effort was a cover up). Of course, Dr. Sorenson & his clinic have nothing to say about it all. How convenient for them. Liars and cheat
It is an unfortunate experience as a physician to do your very best to help a patient, listen to her concerns carefully, take hours of time to educate her as to her problem of pain, and to outline all possible options for treatment going forward; only to have her denigrate your character behind a screen. We did our very best for this patient throughout the entirety of her treatment with us, and treated her with kindness and compassion, but she has remained determined in inflammatory remarks
in Salem. Wi |
Dr. Sorenson leads with knowledge, experience and compassion! I had a complicated situation that challenged us both!! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone ~~~ if you need an ankle replacement he's your man!!! His staff are excellent and understanding.....
in Kenosha, Wisconsin |
Thank you Dr. Sorensen for taking care of me and saving my foot and ankle with the horrible break that I experienced. You and Amanda were an awesome team to heal with!
in Lake Geneva WI |
After dealing with considerable pain in my ankle for several years a friend of mine recommended Dr. Sorensen. After an MRI to determine the cause of the pain Dr. Sorensen presented several plans of attack beginning with a conservative approach, intermediate treatment and finally a more aggressive plan for surgery. I did not feel any pressure to choose surgery which made me feel very comfortable that Dr. Sorensen had MY future quality of life in mind. I recommend him as well as his amazing staff!
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Sorensen is an amazing doctor. He listens to his patients, spends ample time with them and explains diagnosis in a clear and easy manner.
in Zion, IL |
Dr. Sorensen is an amazing surgeon. I was very overwhelmed with the whole procedure of having foot reconstruction done. He understood that and took the time to explain everything to me. His staff (Amanda and Suzanne) are professional and so knowledgeable about the healing process that I am going through. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Sorensen.
in Libertyville, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Sorensen. He thoroughly explained my surgical procedure as well as what to expect during recovery. Three months after surgery I was able to start running again! His staff is also amazing. They are very caring. I was so happy with my experience that when my 9 year old daughter needed to see someone for an injury I brought her to see Dr. Sorensen as well.
in Cary, IL |
Very professional, goes through everything with you. Has great knowledge of my bunion surgery!
in Lake Zurich, IL |
He is a great Dr. He takes his time and is very good at explaining everything to me. I would send my friends to him.
in Schiller Park |
Dr Sorensen is my hero, he saved my toe from amputation. He is very caring and understanding.
in Franklin Park |
I have suffered with Ankle pain and Instability for three years before scheduling an appointment with Dr Sorensen. I scheduled a surgery consult and Dr Sorensen discussed in great lengths my diagnosis and treatment. I was able to schedule my surgery within two weeks and Amanda (Dr Sorensen's) coordinator was very pleasant and knowledgeable with all questions and concerns that I had. I would recommend Dr Sorensen to family and friends. Thank you!!!
in Lake Zurich, IL |
Dr. Sorensen is the best!!! I'm in the healing process of my second surgery different ankle. He knows what he's doing. Extremely professional and will tell you like it is. As far as his team is, hands down they are the best. I'm not very coordinated so when it comes to my X-rays Amanda is so accomedating she literally brings the machine to me so I can stay seated while they check the progress of my healing per X-rays. If you have foot issues he's the man to see.
in Racine, WI |
I've had foot and bunion pain for years and after much procrastination and a glowing recommendation from another MD, I made the appt to see Dr. Sorensen. He surgical skills are second to none . I have had orthopedic procedures in the past but can honestly say his path of pre/post op care from him AND his staff are amazing and I could not be more pleased. You simply cannot have a poor outcome when you follow his plan of care.There's no reason to suffer from foot pain when Dr Sorensen is available
in Des plaines il |
Dr. Sorensen provided very unprofessional service. Suggested very poor treatment that caused the patient hospitalization. Didn't care about the patient at all. Very disappointed with Doctor Sorensen.
This review was submitted by the patient's daughter who was understandably upset with her 87 year old father's progress. We believe it an unfortunate mis-representation of our care for him. We inherited him as a patient who was initially treated out of state for a traumatic injury. We patiently assumed care at their request and did our very best to intentionally help heal through a difficult injury in the face of his many other confounding medical problems including poor peripheral circulation
in Wadsworth, IL |
The Kenosha location is a friendly and professional medical office. Coming here is typically a positive experience. Amanda is always thorough, informative & pleasant! Dr. Sorensen is very professional – focused and thorough. He’s focused on “you” not just your surgery. His willingness to work with the patient related to concerns & thoughts are very much appreciated. His knowledge & experience assures me that my outcomes will be excellent. PT referral was perfect for me!
in Burlington, WI |
Absolutely outstanding doctor!!! He is extremely qualified in his profession and I never had to question whether my foot surgery was done correctly. He has me walking when I never thought I would. He listens to his patients concerns and has great empathy for them and what they are going thru.
in Kenosha, WI |
I was at an alternative Milwaukee teaching hospital and felt like a number. I saw the doctor 1 in 4 visits and waited a long time. It did not feel professional. I went to Dr Sorensen based on a referral. Dr S. listened to my situation and made suggestions. He partnered with me for a best possible solution! The entire office staff is for real! Amanda treats me like a person not a patient. If you want to be coddled and treated like a number go somewhere else... These folks are real!
in Zion, IL |
Great doc with a great staff. It's amazing what they are capable of! I'm a current patient now with serious ongoing feet issues and I definitely feel like I'm in good hands at this clinic. I'd recommend them to anyone who asked for sure.
in Palatine, IL |
Recently had ankle/foot surgery with Dr. Sorensen at the Weil institute. The care both prior to surgery and post has been exceptional, both by the doctor and his assistant Amanda. The recovery wasn't easy but I''m now in physical therapy and getting better by the week. Will likely need a complete ankle replacement in the near future and I wouldn't even consider going elsewhere.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Sorensen is absolutely the best!! He always has taken time with me to answer any questions that I have and described his thought process and options for my flatfoot problem. He did his best to take me through non-surgical options first and then when those began to fail gave me the option for surgery. I am now 9 months out from my flatfoot repair and for the first time in years I don't even think about my foot. Before the surgery, I had pain every day. I am so pleased!! Recommended!!!
in Kenosha, WI |
Awesome experience!! Dr. Sorensen was very thorough and answered all of my questions on a level that I could understand. He is very knowlegeable and made me feel exceedingly comfortable with the treatment offering. I had significant ankle pain for over 10 yrs but I have now gotten all the way through my ankle surgery and have never felt better and able to do things that I could only watch others do prior to seeing Dr. Sorensen. He has an excellent team and I would recommend him to anyone!!!
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Very arrogant! Felt like he was talking down to me the whole time.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Sorensen, DPM?

Visit Dr. Sorensen