Podiatry  |
Dr. Matthew Hopson, DPM
Matthew A. Hopson, D.P.M., F.A.C.F.A.S., graduated Magna Cum Laude from Washington College and received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine, Miami, Florida. Dr. Hopson completed a three year surgical residency, specializing in Reconstructive and Trauma Foot and Ankle Surgery at Highlands Presbyterian/St. Luke's Hospital, Denver, Colorado. In 2014, Dr. Hopson was selected by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery to be one of a select few to be a faculty member on their Surgical Skills Committee. This committee trains surgeons across the country on advanced reconstructive procedures. Dr. Hopson's clinical expertise includes treatment of complex deformities, lateral ankle instability, sports injuries, foot and ankle fractures, arthritis and other lower extremity ailments. Dr. Hopson has extensive experience in ankle arthroscopy, total ankle replacement surgery, posterior tibialis tendon dysfunction, external fixation and limb salvage procedures. He is board certified in Foot and Ankle Reconstructive Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Hopson has privileges at Mary Immaculate Hospital, Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center and Riverside Doctor's Hospital

TPMG Orthopedics/Sports Medicine

5424 Discovery Park Blvd Ste 204

Williamsburg, VA 23188

• Elderplan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Optima Health
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Hopson

Dr. Hopson's Experience

Dr. Hopson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatry

• Podiatry
  • Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  • Podiatric Surgery

Dr. Hopson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis

• Ingrown Toenail Removal
  • Ingrown Toenail Treatment
  • Removal of Bone Spur
  • Wart Treatment

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Education data for Dr. Hopson is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Hopson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hopson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hopson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hopson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hopson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hopson to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Hopson's Performance
in VA. |
Wonderful experience after surgeries on both of my feet! Caring, kind and dedicated to your care!
in Gloucester VA |
I LOVE DR Hopson! I saw a couple surgeons in NoVA for recommendations and then because I had a really bad pain flare up I had the good fortune of meeting him. He asked tons more questions and spent 3x the amount of time with me discussing options and further tests he wanted me take and while he wanted to provide me with a TAR I wasn't a good candidate so I had an ankle fusion. I think his thoughtful recovery plan to follow and understanding pain management will have me in heels soon! He rocks!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Hopson did my first surgery (a clean up of my ankle) 4 years ago. This was to buy me time before making the decision to do a TAR. One year ago, I had successful TAR surgery. For years I was in a lot of pain, and his expertise has relieved me of all that. Throughout my adventures, he was extremely attentive, thorough and compassionate. His sincere appreciation for my relief is written on his face every time I see him. I recommend him without reservation.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Broke both sides of my ankle and after mistakenly going to Riverside Emergency who splinted this horrible break and told me to call a specialist on Monday...Now I know I should have been sent to Sentara and I would have gotten surgery then, instead of dealing with the pain for FOUR 4 days. Dr. Hopson was perfect, the whole surgery went well and he explained everything to my husband. Had me back in a shoe after 6 weeks. Perfect and professional.
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Hopson provided two ankle replacements for me. Before I came to him. I had had two ankle surgeries on the same ankle which seemed to work for awhile, but eventually I found myself right back where I was before the surgery. Dr. Hopson gave me a new ankle replacement (which other surgeons did not recommend). And because so much pressure had been put on the other ankle I eventually had him give me another new ankle. When I say that Dr. Hopson gave my life back to me, I am not exaggerating
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr Hopson is an awesome Physician. When I had both of my "TAR" 's, he was wonderful and caring. I have and will continue to refer him to anyone I know that needs foot/ankle care.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I saw an article about Dr. Hopson and made an appointment to discuss a possible ankle replacement. After meeting with Dr. Hopson I called a few of his former patients and decided this is exactly what I would do. I had my first surgery after a biking accident in 1971 and a fusion in 1991, and now was a candidate for a TAR. This amazing surgery was performed in January and I feel like a new person. I totally have recommended Dr. Hopson and TMPG to several people. No pain, no limp, many thanks
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Hopson did an ankle replacement on me about 8 months ago and now I am good as new! Very happy with his knowledge and surgical talent. Extremely thankful to be pain free!!
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Hopson replaced my ankle about 9 months ago and I am good as new! Very happy with his knowledge and surgical expertise. Thankful to have my life back again without pain!!!
in Newport News, Virginia |
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Hopson, he was referred to me from a friend at church. I had been to two other doctors in the area that could not pinpoint my issue/pain. I was frustrated when I showed up in Dr. Hopson's office and he was really great, asked a lot of questions that the other providers had not. Fortunately I was able to do conservative treatment without surgery and I am very happy that he got me back to being at the rec center again and walking everyday
in Virginia Beach, VA |
Dr. Hopson is a great doctor! I travel over an hour each way to see him and am happy to do so because I believe he is an excellent healthcare provider for anyone suffering from foot or ankle issues. I have been a nurse for over 25 years and have worked with a lot of doctors over that time, Dr. Hopson is one of the best and really cares about his patients.
in Williamsburg, Virginia |
I am so thankful for Dr. Hopson! He is a very skilled surgeon who revised my ankle this summer from a previous surgery I had done about 8 years ago by another provider. Dr. Hopson was highly recommended to me from friends in our neighborhood. I honestly put off going to see him for over a year thinking there was nothing anyone could do to help the pain. I am now able to walk and chase my grand babies pain free, I am very happy with Dr. Hopson
in Williamsburg, VA |
I sought a 2nd opinion from an orthopedic surgeon and am so grateful that I did. It saved me two surgeries which probably would have failed and presented me with conservative options for treatment.
Williamsburg, VA |
Please find another doctor... My ankle is so much worse after seeing him. He did surgery and really messed things up.
in Williamsburg va |
He is always positive and gives me pep talks he is very optimistic he listens and is very professional A perfectionist and has a great attitude not to mention nice to look at
Williamsburg, VA |
My surgery with Dr. Hopson went well but I still have balance walking problems.Physical therapy is helping this. I think the doctor should spend more time explaining procedures with the patient.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Hopson, DPM?
Are you Dr. Hopson?

Visit Dr. Hopson

Dr. Hopson accepts 13 insurance carriers
    HealthKeepers HMO
    KeyCare PPO
  • Elderplan
    Medicare HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA