Podiatry  |
Dr. Matthew Hansen, DPM
Dr. Matthew Hansen, DPM is a podiatry doctor who practices in Clinton Township, MI. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Hansen is affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy Port Huron, McLaren Port Huron, St. John Macomb - Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus, McLaren Macomb, St. John Macomb - Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights Campus, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus, Saint John River District Hospital and Saint John Hospital and Medical Center.

43900 Garfield Rd Ste 140

Clinton Township, MI 48038

Dr. Matthew Hansen, DPM

• Blue Care Network of Michigan (BCN)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • HAP Insurance
  • Meridian Health Plan of Michigan
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Hansen

Dr. Hansen's Experience

Dr. Hansen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatry

• Surgery, Trauma
  • Talo-Navicular Arthrodesis
  • Tendon Repair
  • Triple Arthrodesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Madonna University, Livonia, Michigan
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • St. John Hospital and Medical Center, Michigan
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Hansen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hansen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hansen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hansen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hansen to family and friends
Dr. Hansen's Performance
in Port Huron |
Dr. Hansen is an amazing doctor. He took his time explaining my surgery, and the recovery. My surgery went great, and 4 weeks later my foot is healing nicely and right on schedule. Dr. Hansen is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I feel fortunate to have found such a great doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Hansen for all your foot and ankle needs.
in St. Clair, Mi |
I am very pleased with the bunionectomy performed by Dr Hansen! Had very lil recovery pain and was back to running in no time. Had the hardware removed 4 months later, stitches out in a week and feeling great!!
Dr Hansen has helped my dad a lot ! my dad has been going to him for years and he never disappoints. He takes his time and really gets to understand the problem. Amazing doctor with amazing staff! highly recommended !
Dr. Hansen performed a fusion on my right big toe three months ago. I have healed well. My tennis shoes also fit better. Also, the pain is gone from my right foot. The guy knows his stuff.
in china, mi |
Dr. Hansen took care of my big right toe. Everything was done great and he was always straight up with me concerning my rehab. I would highly recommend Dr. Hansen to anyone who needs podiatric care.
in St Clair Shores, MI |
Am very glad I chose him for my foot problems. I checked his reviews out and saw all the great comments. I also concur with them. He did surgery on both of my feet and is very informative every step of the way. The staff is also friendly and efficient. I never wait more than 10 minutes or so for my appointment. Kudos to the him and his whole staff.
in Washington, MI |
Thrilled with my surgery!! Dr Hansen first took care of my sons ingrown toenail. It healed so fast and I liked how personable, down to earth, offers great advice, gives me what I need, is quick and accurate in his care. I had bunion surgery 8 years ago that was not done well. I suffered for 8 years, my feet never stopped hurting. Dr Hansen set me up for corrective surgery as soon as I wanted it, did a tremendous job, he was right about everything, I followed his directions and was walking normal
in Grosse Ile, MI |
For those who like the bottom line, my experience with bunion surgery with Dr. Hansen was exceptional. For those who like a little more detail, I was not looking forward to bunion surgery, but I badly needed it. I could no longer find shoes that fit, and I was experiencing considerable discomfort walking. Dr. Hansen was great at explaining the surgery, showing me my bunion on the x-rays and the displacement of my big toe. I can honestly say I was not looking forward to the surgery because
New Haven, MI |
Dr. Hansen is a fantastic doctor. He is knowledgeable and friendly, making sure patients are informed about their treatment.
Sterling Heights, MI |
Dr. Hansen is an awesome doctor. I had severe pain with plantar fasciitis and I am no longer in pain. I would highly recommend him! The office staff is very helpful and pleasant and Dr. Hansen never makes me wait. Great Dr.!!!
Metamora, MI |
Great Dr. Had a ganglion cyst on of my foot. Stuck it once. Went back for a check up & got a shot for the rest of the fluid. All done. In & out quick. Thank you Dr Hansen! God Bless! Joani
in New Baltimore, MI |
A few years ago I had Tailor's bunion surgery on both feet at the same time, and most recently for a bunion on a big toe, both with great results thanks to Dr. Hansen. I would absolutely recommend Dr.Hansen to family and friends without hesitation.
Fraser, MI |
Succeeded in getting rid of a stubborn case of Plantar Fasciitis in my arch. Previously, I had it in my heel. He doesn't give up on taking care of the problem. I highly recommend him.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Hansen is very prompt and professional. I had heel pain and a three visits I was feeling great. I would highly recommend.
in St Clair Shores, MI |
Dr.Hansen took the time to explain the proseedure that I was to receive. Very easy to understand and I was very comfortable under his care!!
in Macomb, MI |
Dr. Hansen was the best. This was the first time I have ever had to see a foot specialist and I had no idea who to see. I'm so glad I found him. He was very professional, knowledgeable and compassionate. He and his staff really care about their patients. My surgery went perfect, healing is perfect and I was quickly back to my normal routine without any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to everyone I know. He is my Doctor of choice.
in Canton, MI |
When you look at all of his reviews, you might think they're rigged. But, they're not! He's just that good. Professional, friendly, efficient, and takes really good care of you. My surgery was a breeze as well as my recovery. I had hammertoe surgery that another physician botched in 2015. So, you can imagine that I was very skeptical. I would recommend Dr. Hansen and his staff to anyone who wants quality care. He takes care of business and gets you in and out without you feeling rushed.
Macomb, MI |
I had a sizable bunion that was making walking painful and difficult. I was very nervous about going to see a doctor about it. I had been to one podiatrist prior to meeting Dr. Hansen. My foot also was constantly swollen which seemed to be another complication that the prior doctor had no plan and no answer for. The minute I met Dr. Hansen he put me at ease. He was professional and confident that he could help me...and he did! My recovery was flawless! I would highly recommend him.
in St. Clair, MI |
Friendly and caring staff. Dr. Hansen took great care of my foot. Procedure and follow up was excellent. You will rarely wait at this office. Total time in and out is maybe a half hour or less. Great Experience.
New Baltimore, MI |
Very intelligent, understanding, patient and kind Dr.. I have been a patient of his for years and just had double foot surgery. He walked me right through it and did a great job! I highly recommend him.
St Clair, MI |
Dr. Hansen is a great doctor. He spoke directly to my daughter and explained every thing he planned to do during her double bunionectomy surgery. He also explained what to expect after the surgery. He gave his full attention to both my daughter and myself. Answered all our questions. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate to all his patience. Scares are healing nicely too.
in Port Huron, MI |
Exactly what I was looking for. Dr. Hansen quickly diagnosed my issue and patiently explained my treatment options. I followed his advice and am very pleased with the results!
in Chesterfield |
Dr. Hansen and his staff are amazing. I had to come home from school for a weekend and his staff was able to work me into their schedule that day in order for my foot care to begin. I am flat footed and have posterior tibial tendonitis as well as plantar fasciitis. Doctor Hansen was able to get my foot taken care of and I now can stand on my foot all day without it swelling. He is very nice, doesn't make you wait and is very knowledgable on all topics.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Hanson did a great job taking care of plantar fasciitis in both feet. I stand most of the day and have zero pain now.
in St. Clair Shores, MI |
Dr. Hansen is a wonderful podiatrist. I have recommended him to many of my family and coworkers. As a nurse I experience many physicians with their bedside manner and I have to say Dr. Hansen blew me away with how down to earth and caring he is. He takes the time with you to ensure you understand what to expect and answer all your questions.
in Utica, MI |
Very happy with Dr. Hansen!
Perry, MI |
After seeing others DRS for my foot ,I knew Dr HANSEN was the one! First the staff and Dr Hansen are amazing! Also they made my drive from lansing so worth it! I was scare to have it done ,but the ease of talking to him and his staff was great! Its been 5 weeks and I am doing great! Its was painful at first but I followed his instructions ,I also Iced not only the top of my foot but the whole foot and its made a huge difference.Going to get my husband appt.to check his one bad foot.VERY HAPPY!!!
in Grosse Pointe, MI |
Dr. Hansen saw what my problem was, old hardware that wasn't in position anymore from surgery with another DPM. He showed me my x-rays and explained what he saw and what was causing my pain. He said he could solve my problems with simple surgery. He's on staff in several places so he was convenient for me. We worked around the date of my son's wedding so I could dance at the reception! I'm pain free now, scarring is minimal, and post-op pain was very manageable. Great staff too.
in Clinton Township MI |
Dr Hansen is very kind and great in what he do. He took care of all my needs. Didn't charge for my X-rays when I didn't have Inshurance and gave me shoe inserts for free.God bless him I wish we all have more doctors like he is.
in Macomb, MI |
Dr. Hansen provided excellent service to me. He is extremely punctual, courteous, and treated my ailment with confidence and professionalism. Dr. Hansen has a great demeanor and obviously enjoys what he does. He has exceeded my expectations and would highly recommend him to anyone needing foot or ankle care.
in Harsens Island, MI |
Staff was great, wait time short and Dr. Hansen diagnosed condition and offered treatment with a follow up visit in 2 weeks.
in Mount Clemens, MI |
My experience with Dr. Hansen is nothing but positive. I have been a patient for 3 years now and I am very satisfied. I broke my ankle about 20 years ago and unfortunately it did not heal well. This past July Dr. Hansen performed a corrective surgery that has my leg feeling tons better. I now have more mobility than before. I also love the atmosphere in the office.
in Shelby Twp MI 48317 |
I had a problem with my right foot and my primary physician referred me to ,Dr. Hansen. Dr. Hansen did a great job on explaining what needed to be done and did a great job in surgery. My foot feels a lot better now.
in Riley Mi. |
I have had the same problem for 15 years. Went to many doctors over the years but only got temporary results. Dr. Hansen thought it over carefully and came up with a solution that required a small surgery. My problem has completely gone away. No more pain! I like Dr. Hansen because he is young enough to be up to date but old enough to have experience.
in Roseville, MI |
This is the second ankle surgery he has done for me. I now have full function, am able to walk long distances, and no pain. Both of my surgeries (opposite ankles) have turned out fantastic. Dr. Hansen has a great bedside manor and has answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend him for all ankle and foot problems.
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Matthew P. Hansen has been taking care of my foot problems over a year. I am so glad I found him. He has been keeping an eye on tophi crystal blister on my toe as if these erupt can be highly prone to infection. On a routine visit he noticed it was erupting and immediately performed surgery to clean it out. Which also saved me a trip to the ER. His follow up is awesome and his staff has always gotten me in to see him if necessary. I have complete confidence in Dr. Matthew P. Hansen.
in Romeo, MI |
Dr. Hansen was excellent at the diagnosis and treatment of my foot pain. He provided a clear description of the issue, and treatment. Within one treatment, my pain was nearly gone and feeling tremendously better. Thank you Dr. Hansen!!
in Chesterfield MI |
I just love Dr Hansen's bedside manner. He made a surgery that I was very anxious about, a much more comfortable experience with his calm demeanor, and patience to thoroughly explain things. I would recommend him for any of your podiatry needs.
in Avoca |
I highly recommend Dr. Hansen, I am a breast cancer survivor. I suffered terribly from bunion pain, all the doctors I went to would not do surgery on me because I was on medication to prevent recurring cancer, However Dr. Hansen knew that I needed help he did the surgery and I have been doing fantastic, it's been several years now, my sixteen-year-old also had bunions, she had burning pain constantly. he did her surgery and she has been doing wonderful. I can't thank Dr Hansen enough
in Marine City, MI |
Dr Hansen was very thorough in helping me with my plantar fasciitis.
Grosse Pointe, MI |
I had been to several doctors over 5 years to fix an ingrown toenail!! Crazy but none of them completely removed it and therefore it never healed. Dr. Hansen took care of it in one visit and I am pain free!! The office staff is very nice and I never waited more than 10 min for my appointment! I highly recommend Dr. Hansen.
in Utica |
After 4 months of agonizing pain, a friend of a friend referred me to Dr. Hansen; he spent over ½ hour going over my x-ray, examining my feet and explaining in detail what was wrong. What was so apparent to him, 3 other doctors overlooked, misdiagnosed and recommended treatment that was not necessary. Dr. Hansen is a “one of a kind” doctor, he passionate, patient, kind and answered all my questions. I have hope and feel the treatment he suggested will begin my healing. Thank you Doctor!
Harsens Island, MI |
Dr. Hansen took care of an ingrown toenail I had. It was done at my first visit with no dilly-dally (I dislike when you go to a doctor needing a procedure and need to reschedule a second appointment to actually have the procedure done). It healed up very quickly and it looks the same as my other big toenail. You can hardly tell part of the mail was removed! He did an excellent job.
in New Baltimore, MI |
My experience with Dr. Hansen was great, he took great care of my foot trying to ease pain. I did end up having surgery fascia release surgery it went very well!! I can say I can walk pain free! Thank You So Much.
in Clinton Township, Mi |
Dr. Hansen did my surgery, I barely have a scar. He also corrected a toe nail another Dr messed up! He is the best!
in New Baltimore, MI |
Dr. Hansen cares for several family member feet. Starting with mine he's done multiple surgeries for a reaccuring issue and we've manged to keep the feet very healthy. Doc cares for my wife and my mom two very important gals in my life to keep happy. He's agreat guy and a wonderful doctor surgeon and friend. His staff is golden I just love the girls they make my day.
in Clinton Twp, MI |
Dr. Hansen is an outstanding Doctor. After 17 years and 4 podiatrists, he was able to tell me exactly what is wrong with me. He explained the situation and has help with over half of my problems. Every other doctor gave me cortisone shots hoping it would help. He has now given me a solution.
Harrison Township, MI |
Was able to fit me in and took great care and explained the process Healing is great .
Macomb, MI |
Dr. Hansen is an excellent physician. He recently removed two ingrown toenails for me. He was very knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable about the process. It's bittersweet that I won't have to see him again. I would recommend him to a close family member/friend as well as to you reading this.
Sterling Heights, MI |
Dr Hansen performed surgery on my foot 2 weeks ago -- it has healed super fast and don't think I'll have much of a scar at all! Great Dr and office -- highly recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Hansen, DPM?
Are you Dr. Hansen?

Visit Dr. Hansen

Dr. Hansen accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Blue Care Network of Michigan (BCN)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan