Maryann Ryan, APRN

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)FemaleAge 59

Psychiatric Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

Maryann Ryan, APRN is a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Wayne, NJ and has over 12 years of experience in the healthcare field. She graduated from UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEY / NEWARK in 2010. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Maryann Ryan, APRN

Wayen Behavioral Services

401 Hamburg Tpke Wayne, NJ 07470
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check if Maryann Ryan treats your condition or procedure

Maryann Ryan's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Behavioral Changes
  • Behavioral Problems of Dementia
  • Behavioral Symptoms of Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Comorbid Psychiatric Disorders
  • Depression
  • Depression Relapse
  • Depressive Episode
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Social Anxiety Disorder
  • Substance-Induced Anxiety Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation

Maryann Ryan accepts

Maryann Ryan accepts the following insurance:

1199SEIU
QualCare PPO

Maryann Ryan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Maryann Ryan

3.0

Second appointment and my depression has increased between seasonal, continued stress of being a therapist during a pandemic, and having a miscarriage in November. We agree to up my antidepressant and then she pauses. I had explained to her in my intake that my OB has said don't change a thing, but found myself having to explain it again. And then listen to her talk about other people with horror stories of trying to conceive with it. Finally, she goes ahead to put in the script, doubles back, and starts explaining herself. again. I spoke up that we did not have to keep talking about this (it seemed she was validating herself and trying to force me to accept she was acting in my best interest). Instead of trying to explore and repair she says "well I guess we can't work together." I absolutely agree.
Jan 13, 2022
I treat every patient in an empathetic and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
Very abrupt. If she feels like cutting you off in mid-sentence, this person will. Showed up for a tele appointment on time, she arrived 45 minutes late. No apologies whatsoever. Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?
  • Long wait times
Jun 18, 2021
Our policy is to ensure that we meet with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
I have only recently started with Maryann, but in a few sessions she was able to identify a major component of my psychological profile, that has been missed during my years in therapy (multiple therapists and a psychiatrist). The fact that I both quit vaping AND stopped picking at a leg wound that I have been dealing with for over 2 years (and is now almost completely healed) speaks volumes! Looking forward to continuing my mental health journey with her.
Pat – May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
No-show for multiple virtual appointments, insufficient communication regarding missed appointments. Emails/calls are not returned for several days (or at all). Hard to get someone on the phone (have to leave a message and wait for their call and hope it's at a time you are available). Person on the phone seems incapable of anything other than making appointments when you do get them though. Maryann requested documentation of health screenings (which I sent and had the doctor's office send), but Maryann's office has given conflicting answers regarding whether they have received what they need. Requests for clarification (what did you receive, when was it received) have gone unanswered. Thought I could at least sort it out during an appointment, but Maryann hasn't shown up for those either. Ghosting a patient is beyond unprofessional. If this happened to someone with a different condition or medication it could be a genuine safety issue.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
As I read these reviews, I am struck by the number of people who claim that they never leave negative reviews but have felt the need to in the case of Maryann Ryan. I cannot agree more! This is the first time I have ever left a negative review and I truly hope that in doing so I prevent someone else from making the same mistake we have made. Maryann Ryan treated my young adult daughter for one session online. She not only felt that 45 minutes was suitable to make a diagnosis and prescribe medication, she verbally made inferences regarding other diagnoses during the session. She never requested medical information, blood work, asked her weight, or other health information. The medication she prescribed as in all medications had it's side effects. When my daughter emailed Maryann in regards to experiencing concerning side effects to the medication, her email was ignored for 15 hours. Maryann's only response to my daughter's many questions: "stop the medication". $250.
Jan 15, 2021
This was not your appointment and your daughter...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
MaryAnn was very helpful, kind & considerate. Time well spent talking with her.
Art – Jul 29, 2020
The best!!!!
Feb 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
Maryann is wonderful. She knew just what I needed, and I'm feeling so much better with her recommendations.
Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
Unfortunately, I was only able to deal with Ms. Ryan's receptionist who repeatedly interrupted me, cut me off mid-sentence, was dismissive & rude, then hung up on me. Even though Ms. Ryan's website says she offers TMS & Esketamine, it's not true. She is not set up for these treatments, as I was curtly told by the receptionist. Apparently, due to the fact that I am currently seeing a psychiatrist the receptionist decided that I need a "higher level of care" than what Ms. Ryan can provide as an NPP. After telling me this she proceeded to rush me off the phone, hanging up on me as I was attempting to ask for a recommendation. The conduct of this receptionist, who clearly is not trained to speak with people who are dealing with mental illness, is dangerous to those of us seeking help. It is an extremely poor reflection of Ms. Ryan's practice, priorities & how clients will be treated, which, from my experience, is without respect. So much more was wrong but no room to explain here.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jennifer D in Monroe, NY – Jun 30, 2019
Maryann Ryan's Reply –
We have made appropriate changes. Give us a try!
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
This Maryann Ryan is out for her quick $200 for prescribing medical marijuana without even knowing her patient. By the way this about the most I ever heard of anyone charging. She gave this to my husband when he has an addictive personality and had worked hard for years to give up his daily marijuana use. No consideration of his individual issues. Stay away from her unless you just want an expensive Rx for marijuana.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
NY – Oct 30, 2018
Your husband was thrilled and very happy with his...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
I came to her for help, she immediately put me at ease, and a month later, and a new medication, I'm so appreciative and grateful for her knowledge and time spent to insure I'm feeling better! Would and will recommend her, affordable as well! Thanks Mary Ann!
Mary Cloonan in Sussex, NJ – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
I have already referred a friend to her. I almost didn't make an appointment with Maryann based upon a negative review here. I am so glad that I overcame that. Maryann is very thorough and very caring. Sometimes this will make her run behind schedule, but caring practitioners that ACTUALLY LISTEN are hard to find. Maryann is a gem. Love her!
Warwick, NY – Sep 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?
Honestly this was the best experience I've had with a psychiatrist, ever. I've only had one appointment thus far but I'm typically very skeptical of a physicians knowledge and Maryann ryan was extremely knowledgeable and based on my experience and seeing how she interacted with the girl before me , I can tell she genuinely cares a great deal. She is experienced , knowledgeable(and up to date with info) genuine and personable. Would recommend 100 percent . Went for anxiety and ADD.
Rob M in Middletown, NY – May 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Maryann Ryan, APRN?

How was your experience with Maryann Ryan?