Dr. Mary Young, PHD

CounselingFemale

Counseling

Dr. Mary Young, PHD is a Counselor in Chesterfield, MO. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Mary Young, PHD
111 Hilltown Village Ctr Ste 206 Chesterfield, MO 63017

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Young treats your condition or procedure

• Stress Management

Dr. Young accepts

Dr. Young's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Young

Dr. Young seems to “get it” in a way other people don’t. Her guidance and perspective always help inform my decisions and relationships in a positive and productive way.
Feb 03, 2023
Dr Young is great!
Periodically, I check in with Dr Young. She is wise, kind and always finds the right words to explain and offer counsel.
Julia – Dec 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
Mary’s approach is both friendly and wise, educated and relatable, positive and realistic. She has been a valuable and trusted resource for my family for several years, mostly in her counseling our teenage daughter. Having struggled with anxiety throughout her childhood, our daughter met with other counselors with little success, including the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. CBT was not the right approach for our daughter and unfortunately left her unwilling to continue counseling. Mary was recommended by a close friend, and only because of her trust in that friend, my daughter was willing to meet with Mary, who quickly won her trust and helped her better manage her anxiety. Mary provided a solid foundation for my daughter where others couldn’t, and has been a life-changing, positive influence. For me, Mary joins that list of people I am MOST grateful for as a parent - the ones who changed my child’s life for the better. I attribute this to Mary’s dedication to her profession.
Feb 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
Dr. Mary Young is so compassionate and skilled. Absolutely amazing in helping me understand why things have happened. It’s made me understand what kind of person I am and how to manage negative thoughts and feelings in the future. To talk to someone without feeling judged and someone who I feel really listens. I am so happy that I found out about her counseling, and I feel it has really changed me.”
Anne M. – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
I have seen Mary over several years intermittently. BTW, for some reason I refer to her as Mary and every other doctor I've ever known as "Dr. X". She doesn't seem to mind. As briefly as I can - Mary actually listens, actually empathizes, and feels more like family than my own family often. She's the type of person I could not see for years and immediately fall into a meaningful conversation with. She's a good one, in the maximal sense of that phrase.
Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
I have seen Mary for several years and look forward to her wisdom and advice at every session. Mary makes everyone feel comfortable. I always feel as though I have grown personally and come out of our sessions with a clearer and more peaceful sense of self.
Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
I have seen Dr Weber- Young off and on for 21 + years. Mary has always been encouraging, resourceful and motivating in various times of stress and struggle. My therapy is personal yet one that I have benefited from immensely. I would highly recommend Dr Weber-Young to anyone facing a challenge or just needing someone to talk though things with. I am lucky to have a go to therapist when I am in need of one. Never underestimate the benefits of therapy!!!! We all need a little guidance and support from time to time. I am a 62 year old male
GMS in Wildwood – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
I started seeing Mary a couple of years ago when I was going through an extremely difficult time. Her dedication is unparalleled, she even visited me when I was in the hospital. She is caring, trustworthy and wise. Her guidance and insight have helped me immensely. Although I don't see her as often now, I do check in and make appointments when I start to feel overwhelmed. I highly recommend Mary, she is a wonderful therapist.
Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
At my highest, most clear points of life, I have been seeing Mary. I met Mary a decade ago, sorting out how to best love myself during a turbulent time within my soul... and through conversations with Mary was able to find a balanced and full version of the lost young woman who first came through her doors. Add a decade, husband and two young toddlers... in the midst of finding everything I ever wanted, I somehow lost myself. Once again, I caught myself on the couch of the woman who had once helped me touch my own soul. I’m catching myself taking in moments with my little family that somehow, I’d been missing. I’m finding time to once more enjoy small moments of my own. And most importantly, I’m once again seeing Mary.
Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
I have seen Dr. Mary Young off and on for around twenty years. When I need help I always return to her. She is compassionate, direct, wise and helps me identify and hold onto my own inner strength and wisdom. I highly recommend seeing Mary.
Molly – Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
As a 75 year old male I ran into a life changing situation that caused a deep depression of which I was unable to discern how to overcome nor was I able to detect the rite cause. With Mary’s unbelievably professional knowledge she was able to unlock the hidden causes of my situation while at the same time providing techniques to handle these now not so hidden causes Mary truly is a Doctor with proven results in my case I highly recommend Mary to anyone requiring professional services
Robert – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
I can’t fully capture my appreciation for Dr. Young but I am eternally grateful. Our work has spanned on and off for several years, helping me literally survive through some of the most excruciating life points. Even when time has passed, she picks up where we left off offering perspective and insight that bring meaning into the present. Through empathy, candor, and directness she creates safety and trust. She can identify patterns and demons that I bring from the past and challenges my distorted and victim thinking along with what role I play in creating anxiety, shame, blame and guilt. She often says what I need to hear and often leave thinking about long after. When I reflect on years of ‘Maryisms’, I’m overwhelmed by how her wisdom and guidance have empowered me towards better choices and a richer life. Having always felt cared for and valued by Mary, I’ve learned I’m lovable. In turn I can better love and care for others creating more meaningful and fulfilling relationships.
Jul 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
There's no one better than Dr. Mary Young. I trust her implicitly and feel like the fog has lifted after each session. Her insights are brilliant and are a tremendous help. In addition to being a wonderful therapist, she is trustworthy and compassionate. I truly feel cared for and appreciate knowing that she is helping me live my best life possible.
May 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?
Dr Mary Young understands at an intuitive and trained/studied level, unlike anyone I know. There is really no “guessing” with her. She just “gets it”. And provides clarity with compassion. You never feel judgement that could make you uncomfortable, just insight and resolve. She truly is a wonderful human being that cares. She has shifted me thinking in 5 sessions. Amazing!
St. Louis , MO – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Young, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Young?