Dr. Mary Marino, PHD

CounselingFemale

Dr. Marino

Mary T. Marino, PHD

233 Union Ave Holbrook, NY 11741

Dr. Mary Marino, PHD is a Counselor in Holbrook, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Marino to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Affective Disorders, Psychotic
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Panic Attack
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Pediatric Counseling
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress Management

Dr. Marino accepts

Dr. Marino accepts the following insurance:

Sliding Scale

Dr. Marino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marino

Dr. Marino

Dr. Marino counseled my husband and I during the most difficult time of our marriage and lives. She was empathetic to both of us and that was huge especially for my husband. He felt comfortable speaking with her as our counselor despite the uncomfortable, heartbreaking situation we were in. In a time of chaos in my marriage, she was the voice of reason for both of us. I am grateful for her counsel. I highly recommend Dr. Marino as a counselor.
J – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Receiving the counseling services of Doctor Mary Marino since 2020 has been an absolute blessing and helped me work through my school-related anxiety as a full-time college student and COVID-19 related stress. Each session has always been fruitful no matter the depth of our conversations. As a person of faith, I knew that I needed to find a counselor who also shares in the same value of leaning on God and faith to persevere through life’s challenges and joys. Her office feels like another place I can call my home and a safe place. Additionally, Doctor Marino encourages her clients to be honest without putting any extra pressure if it ends up being too much to be spoken in sessions. What’s more is Doctor Marino’s gift for connecting with and helping people through reaching out beyond sessions. No matter what my day looked like or how I was feeling, a text from Doctor Marino for prayer or just to talk things out always helps me tremendously.
Sarah Graziano – Jan 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Doctor Marino was recommended to us by family and friends. My husband and I saw her for a relatively short time; sometimes together and sometimes separately. After every session I always left there feeling hopeful. I can honestly say I have not only embraced the serenity prayer but I have come to a point where I’m actually to the wisdom part LOL! At least on some issues. If I had to sum up my experience with one word it would be awareness...Which has led me to a deeper understanding of my thoughts, my feelings and subsequent behavior. Thank you Dr. Marino!
Donna Liscia – Nov 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Marino. Very easy to speak to. Calming demeanor. Promptly returns phone calls. Most importantly understands the issue at hand and explains in detail corrective action to be taken with a clinical and holistic approach.
EC – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
I cannot express what a gifted psychologist Dr. Marino is, and what she has done for me and my husband since we began seeing her. Dr. Marino is not only incredibly intelligent and insightful, but also compassionate and spirit filled. The combination of her high education and expertise, paired with her caring nature make her a top rate clinician. If you are looking to heal/improve your relationships, or overcome any mental/emotional issues I can't think of a better person to help you than Dr. Marino. I am forever grateful for what she has helped me accomplish.
Apr 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr. Mary Marino is caring, compassionate, and wise individual; everything you would want from a therapist. From the beginning she made me feel comfortable and heard. She allows you as the client to help guide her into what you want out of a session, while appropriately interjecting with her professional experience and understanding. I am Christian and was seeking a Christian counselor, but she made sure to give me the choice as to how much we would incorporate this into our sessions. She genuinely desires to help her clients and see them become the absolute best versions of themselves they can be.
Leah R. – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
My husband and I had seen 3 therapists before finding ourselves on Dr Marino’s couch. She was our last hope and hope is exactly what she gave us. We continue to fight because she continues to show us the love we still have for each other.
Lori – Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr Marino was a god send for our family! She related so well with my son and he truly trusted her insight and guidance. I would recommend Dr Marino to any one in need of some clarity.
Jul 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
IF YOU WANT YOUR MARRIAGE TO WORK, THIS IS THE RIGHT PERSON TO GO, SHE IS CARING, SHE IS A LOVELY PERSON AND SHE GOES EXTRA MILE. IM GLAD GOD PUT HER ON OUR WAY, I DONT KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT HER. WE ARE STILL WORKING ON OUR MARRIAGE BUT WITHOUT GOD AND MARY WE COULDNT DO IT. SHE IS THE BEST, SHE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU. SHE WOULD NOT LEAVE YOU ALONE. MARY YOU ARE THE BEST ! MY HUSBAND IS NOT CHRISTIAN, NOW HE CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT MARY! ............ LOVE SISTER M
SISTER M in Hauppauge, NY – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
After years of life-altering events, I needed to talk to someone I didn't know. In my search for a christian counselor, I prayed, asking God to send me to the right one. By the end of the first session I knew Dr. Mary was the one. I was super nervous, but her approach was gentle & non-threatening. She listens & gives time to express what is on my mind. Her God-centered truth & input is amazing and has helped me connect the dots that for years left me unsettled. She is a tremendous blessing.
Alena in Rocky Point, NY – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr Marino has help me so much during a series of unfortunate events that have occurred in my life over the past year. Not only has she helped me in my personal life, she has also helped me in my spiritual life. I couldn’t thank her enough for how she has impacted my life and helped me grow back into the person I once was. There is no other therapist I would go to. I would 100% recommend you see Dr Marino.
Sinéad Johnston in NY – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
One word...Awesome. Dr Mary was my first experience going to a therapist and I am forever grateful. She had the perfect balance of letting me talk but then putting her thoughts and reactions in as they were necessary. I was challenged and encouraged and my mind was shifted towards freedom as she exposed some of the inner struggles I was having that I didn’t even know I had. I highly recommend Dr Mary because of her obvious experience and the individual wisdom she display towards each client.
Charity Bender in NY – Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr. Marino has been a total blessing for our marriage. She has given us all the tools, strength, love and support we both needed in getting our marriage back on track. We are forever grateful for helping us get through a very difficult season in our marriage. May God continue to BLESS you as you continue to BLESS others......
Maria :) in Smithtown, NY – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
I feel that Dr. Marino is by far an excellent therapist. She offers direction which I feel is important and her input is eye opening. She has a warm way which makes you comfortable right from start. I feel between her knowledge, trust and warmth the combination was perfect for me.
Doreen. C in Smithtown, NY – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
During my first session with Dr. Marino, I knew I was in the right place. There is a peace that settles in and puts me at ease whenever I am with Dr. Marino. She remembers everything, she asks the right questions and she provides excellent feedback....or she just listens and lets you pour out whatever is on your mind. I thank God everyday for allowing our paths to cross because I can honestly say that my life got better and I don't want to know what my life would be like without her in it!
Kelly in Smithtown, NY – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr. Marino is excellent! Dr. Marino is caring, professional and empathetic. On my first contact with her, I felt a sincere desire that she wanted to help me. Dr. Marino became an instrumental part of my healing. Her style is gentle. Her questions help one to self-reflect, leading to understanding and then on towards healing. Trauma and pain happen in life and while God is the True Healer, sometimes He provides a human touch to assist you along the road to restoration. Dr. M - thank you
JM in NY – Sep 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr. Marino is truly a life-saver. My husband and I have found our lives drastically changed for the better since meeting with her. She has helped improve our marriage, communication, parenting, relationships with our families, and much more. I can only give Dr. Marino the highest rating possible. She’s a gift from God, and a true professional and expert in this field. We will be seeing her for a VERY long time to come!
NY – Aug 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Dr. Marino is an excellent counselor who truly cares for her patients. This year when I was in emotional duress, she took time out of her schedule to call me on a Sunday, and didn't even charge me for this time. Seeing her regularly has helped me so much with my emotional and spiritual healing from a traumatic experience. She flawlessly integrates psychological and spiritual care, fostering wellness and wholeness of health. She is also extremely accommodating with scheduling appointments.
Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
Upon moving back home to Long Island in 2015, I was in search of a female Christian Counselor. Dr. Marino was one of the few to choose from that was both female and Christian. I had just been released from the hospital after a mental breakdown. Dr. Marino was warm, welcoming and concerned. I doubted her when she told me that I could and would work through my issues while seeing her, but within a few months I did see great improvements due to her prayer and counseling. ??
Jennifer in West Islip , NY – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?
I am feeling very lucky to have met this therapist who is such a caring listening and comforting person. She gives me a sense of positivity and I look forward to my future visits with her. A very good match indeed. ! I thought I woruld have to sample a few. But that was not necessary
Bernice Gelbman in NY – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Marino, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marino?
Provider explaining information to patient