Dietetics  |
Female
Mary Hunt, MSRD
Mary Hunt, MSRD is a dietetics provider who practices in Fairfax, VA.

8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 310

Fairfax, VA 22031

Learn about Mary Hunt

As a registered dietitian nutritionist my approach is centered on empowering clients with a sense of optimism and providing them with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve healthier eating habits, and overall improved health and wellness. I focus on small, achievable changes and incorporate the practice of mindfulness in achieving a balance between home, work and self-care.

• Dietetics

Mary Hunt does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Mary Washington College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • John F. Kennedy Institute For Handicapped Children
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Ms Nutrition Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
    Other Education | Completed 1983

Mary Hunt has no awards or honors listed.

Mary Hunt has no media or publications listed.

Mary Hunt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Mary Hunt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Mary Hunt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Mary Hunt to family and friends
Mary Hunt's Performance
in Falls Church, VA |
I’ve been seeing Mary for over a year and I love it! She always has new eating tips and she encourages me to keep eating healthy, which is really fun and delicious.
in Washington, DC |
Progress, not perfection, is Mary Hunt’s philosophy. In one session, I learned more about myself from my eating habits, than all the countless hours that I have spent in the gym. My goal is health-happiness. With Mary’s knowledgeable of nutrition, and being my number one cheerleader; I am empowered--and am on the path to my goals. Mary is authentic, and a delight to be around. I encourage anyone that is interested in nutrition therapy to check out Mary Hunt, MS, RD. She will not disappoint.
in Springfield, VA |
Mary is very warm and attentive to your health needs! I recommend
Mc Lean, VA |
Mary Hunt is truly a gem! I was surprised when a couple of friends gave me her name when I mentioned that I was looking for someone for me and my daughter but now that we have been going to her I know why- she is compassionate, friendly, optimistic - but not pushy or preachy. She makes herself available to come alongside us to walk this journey with us in a non-pressure, non-judgemental manner.for both me and my pre-teen daughter. We are so grateful!
in Mc Lean, VA |
My husband and I have been working with Mary Hunt for about 5 months. We meet once a month after the initial intake. We are very impressed with her knowledge, recommendations and positive outlook. All these things make her a very effective nutrition and health coach. Obesity, fatty liver and poor sugar metabolism are not conditions you quickly treat. She is a good coach to work with for her new ideas, keeping us on track, and helping us maintain focus. I would recommend her without reservation.
Washington, DC |
It was a wonderful experience taking my son to Mrs. Hunt. He was exposed to all sorts of nutritious foods during therapy session. My son is a picker eater, but he began to eats nuts after just one session of therapy. Thank you Mrs. Hunt, we really appreciate your help!
in Fairfax, VA |
I highly recommend Mary Hunt. I sought her advice on eating better & trying to avoid soy. Mary is knowledgeable, professional, non-judgmental, and very supportive. She explains everything thoroughly, and every time I see her she has new food/meal suggestions, and even provides samples of items she thinks I might like. Mary is warm and welcoming, celebrates your accomplishments (even if they are small) and doesn’t dwell on the missteps.
in Centreville, VA |
Mrs. Hunt is the best! She is kind, compassionate, and encouraging!! I could not have lost 13 pounds without her help! She has taught me how to eat healthy and still enjoy food!! Mrs. Hunt is a jewel!!
Hyattsville, MD |
She works with you where you currently are dietary wise. She is kind as she helps you try and meet your goals.
Vienna, VA |
One of the best decisions you can make if you're seeking to get your health back on track is making an appointment with Mary. Her approach is practical and clear and she'll work with you continuously to meet your goals and build your nutrition knowledge. You won't find a more caring, empathetic audience for your concerns; she listens carefully to identify your needs and gives great visual guides. After meeting with Mary, I finally have the right nutrition to meet my runnng goals. Thanks, Mary!
in Fairfax, VA |
Ms. Mary Hunt is amazing! She is so tentative to your health needs and has so many suggestions every visit. Ive recommended her to 5 of my friends and they've had nothing but positive things to say about their experience. I was 220 lbs when I began in May of 2016 and since then have lost a total of over 60 lbs. Even now when I go for my visits I am always eager to receive new alternatives and recipes! She genuinely cares and goes out of her way to help you get results and stay healthy.
in Alexandria, VA |
Ms. Hunt was absolutely delightful during my visit. She was both encouraging and engaging while reviewing my record and offering me healthier options that would meet my goals. I would highly recommend Ms. Hunt to my friends and family.
in Centreville, VA |
I have been seeing Mary for 3 months & have lost 25 lbs so far. She takes a detailed health history & we wrote out my goals & regularly refer to them. She always has snacks, nutrition handouts or recipes when I come for visits. We discuss nutritional information and I get to taste things! She has been nothing but supportive in my journey to make lifelong changes & is quick to point out the joys in life. I am always thinking when trying to make good food choices: "What would Mary do?"
in Fairfax, VA |
Mary is awesome. She answered all of many questions. She put everything in perspective in a way that made sense. It is the first time I had an eating plan that actually worked.
in Arlington, VA |
I loved my visit with Mary Hunt and can't wait for my next appointment. I loved that she had visuals and gave me plenty of resources as well . She made sure that all my concerns were addressed before moving on to a different subject . I appreciated that the visit was very much one on one and I now have some fun catch phrases to remind myself throughout the day : Veggies for volume was my favorite !
in Manassas, VA |
Mary is awesome! She answered all questions, showed us nutritional labels (and how to REALLY read them) and the exact grams of all nutrients to eat per day. What sets her apart from other nutritionists is her attention to detail and her mind body connection as related to what we consume. She was honest and caring. She even threw in some suggested yoga asanas. I hugged her at the end of our meeting because she empowered my mom to eat well for life.
Alexandria, VA |
Mary was the first Nutritionist that I have ever met with. After reading the glowing reviews I knew she was exactly what I was looking for. She was knowledgeable, down to earth and I really felt like she wants me to succeed in my nutrition and health goals. She was motivating, encouraging and had an upbeat positive attitude. I highly recommend Mary!
Springfield, VA |
I have a chronic health condition and a family history of some eating disorders. Mary had been invaluable in providing me information I've never known and doing so in a supportive, nonjudgmental way. I am so jazzed about my appointments. I especially appreciate the tenor of our conversations (a mixture of nutrition with emotional/mental support components). She meets with my son and maintains our individual medical privacy yet still guides us to work together on a fun, cooperative eating plan.
in Arlington, VA |
I am hypoglycemic and my mother is also diabetic. My appointment with Mary was the first time somebody had explained nutrition to me. We decided on a pre-diabetic diet. She's realistic, clear, and made it easy. She gave me foods to try while in her office. In the following month, I became clear-headed and felt full after each meal. CareFirst BlueCrossBlueShield fully covers visits.
in Woodbridge, VA |
My first visit with Mary was fantastic. She gave me empowerment to get a healthy lifestyle. She gave me the specific tools I need to take things slow. We discussed any concerns I have and she didn't let me leave until she knew I felt comfortable with the plan I had. She was fantastic!
in Burke, VA |
Mary creates an atmosphere that is relaxed and friendly. She has basic rules to live by, but I think the most important is Fun is Fundamental. There is no admonishing, just offered support and education. My husband, who has seen other nutritionists in the past, said she was the friendliest and most encouraging. I like the fact that there is no scale in her office! I have already recommended Mary to many friends and families. I am very happy with her approach to helping me eat well.
Have you seen Mary Hunt, MSRD?
Are you Mary Hunt?