Mary Bauer, CNM

MidwiferyFemale

Mary Bauer

Presence Medical Group

1658 N Milwaukee Ave Chicago, IL 60647

Mary Bauer, CNM is a Midwife in Chicago, IL. She is affiliated with AMITA Health Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Chicago. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Mary Bauer to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Midwives in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Mary Bauer treats your condition or procedure

• Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy Care, Adolescent
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Mary Bauer accepts

Mary Bauer accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Sagamore Plus

Mary Bauer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Mary Bauer

Mary Bauer?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Explained conditions well (17)
  • Listened & answered questions (17)
    Choosing Mary Bauer and her wonderful midwifery group was the best decision I made during my pregnancy. After frustration with long wait times and not seeing eye to eye with the OB, I switched to this group and could not have had a better experience. Mary was supportive, knowledgable, encouraging, and helped make my birth experience as close to my "birth plan" as possible. The office was comfortable, I never waited more than ten minutes, and Mary always answered my questions and never made me feel rushed. Another amazing midwife in her group delivered my baby; She stayed 4 hours after her shift ended just so she could be there for me through the delivery. They all really treated me like family. I could not recommend this group enough.
    Morgan – Jan 14, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    Mary was our midwife for our second child and we had a wonderful experience! I appreciated how personable she was and felt she really cared about me. She helped me prepare for a natural, unmedicated childbirth and was very supportive throughout the entire process. The birth of our daughter was an extremely positive, special experience. We worked with three of the midwives from the practice during labor and birth and were exceptionally well cared for. I highly recommend the entire midwife team, especially Mary, to all those who are looking for a birth team who will support and care for you throughout the whole process.
    Alli – Jul 29, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    Choosing Mary Bauer to be my midwife through both of my pregnancies was the best choice I made. She is such a kind, comforting, knowledgeable, and professional person. During each appointment, she took time to check in with me and was always available when concerns arose in-between appointments (along with other members of the midwife group). She took my concerns seriously and helped to address them. Most importantly for me, she made me feel comfortable and taken care of.
    Jen Nigito in IL – Jan 05, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    I'm a first time mom and Mary Bauer delivered our baby. It was the most amazing birth. She gave us options I didn't even know I could have during labor and delivery and was just such a wonderful person to have. She did an amazing Job in every way. I had planned to have a water birth, labored in the water until 9cm when I decided to get out. She supported every decision I made and continuously let me know my options. Most amazing birth experience I could have ever had. Even a mirror to watch it.
    Kassandra in Chicago, IL – Dec 02, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    As someone who, luckily, never spent much time in the doctor's office, I really wanted to find a place that felt comfortable, safe and not too antiseptic. Mary's office was it! She was professional, knowledgeable and skilled, without every making me feel like my pregnancy was a disease or something to fear. I'd recommend her to anyone looking for a supportive, encouraging and low-intervention prenatal experience!
    Samantha K. in Chicago, IL – Nov 28, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    Mary Bauer and everyone on the midwifery team with Presence gave just outstanding care. I felt I was in the hands of a team of knowledgeable, wise and caring women who saw me as an individual. I was able to get all the information I could ask for about my particular questions during pregnancy and after birth, and they all respected and communicated about my preferences for my own care.
    Erika in Chicago, IL – Jul 16, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    Our monthly then weekly appointments were with Mary Bauer and Mary Lentz. Both of these ladies went above and beyond the standard level of care. At each appointment we would come with many, many questions about our pregnancy. They stayed to answer all of our questions! Something else that I believe distinguishes this midwife group from other healthcare providers is they have a phone line available 24/7. I highly recommend these midwifes to any woman! We are truly blessed to find Mary! 10 stars!!
    Beth de la Pena Ritzert in Chula Vista – Feb 02, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    I love her!! She is so nice and sweet and actually cares. She went above and beyond at my appointment. You can tell she loves what she does and she does not judge you and supports your decisions. I’m excited for Mary to deliver my second baby. Highly recommended her.
    Eldina bilajac in Des Plaines, IL – Dec 13, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    Oh Mary B!!! Where do I start, she's really sweet. Words can't describe the level of comfortably I felt when I first met her. I only met this woman 1 day before my delivery, when I told her that I wanted a cesarean she lets me know her group only focus on vaginal birth, but she still went through the process of the tests that needed to be done and get me in contact with an OB that will be operating on me. I met her on 2/3/17 less 24 later I went into labor on 2/4/17. She is great!!!!! Thanks
    Cicero, IL – Feb 09, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    I saw Mary for the last trimester of my pregnancy (I had just moved to the Chicago area). She is attentive, knowledgable, and super friendly. She always took time to answer questions, and I never felt rushed. Two midwives from her group delivered my baby at Saints Mary and Elizabeth Birth Center, and they were awesome! I completely trusted them, and they took fantastic care of me. It was a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend Mary and her midwife group!
    Amy in Chicago, IL – Feb 03, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    We have just welcomed our first child into the world and received excellent care all throughout the pregnancy with Mary and the midwives at Aviva. Mary is attentive, compassionate, and always accessible. We had a harder labor and delivery than we expected, but Mary was a huge comfort to me from induction to cesarean to taking photos in the OR and sharing in our joy for the precious gift of our daughter. I am forever grateful for her care and I know if we have another child, it will be with Mary!
    Kirsten Cobb in Chicago, IL – Jan 15, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?
    I recently gave birth to our daughter and couldn't imagine doing it without the guidance from Mary. From our very first appointment, she was patient and kind. Mary was very professional and always available to answer questions. When it came time for my delivery, she was supportive and extremely positive. She made me feel so comfortable and I credit my smooth delivery to her expertise and her love for midwifery.
    Jan 05, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Mary Bauer, CNM?

How was your experience with Mary Bauer?

Midwifery means "with woman." After raising five children of my own, midwifery became my second career. It is a natural fit for me and I love sharing pregnancy...Read more

I took a rather circuitous route to becoming a nurse midwife.  I began with a degree in English Language and Literature  from University...Read more

• Midwifery