Marriage & Family Therapy  |
Marney DeFoore, MSW
Marney DeFoore was born in the United Kingdom and was raised in Texas. He returned to Europe serving in the US Navy before beginning a health care career in 1983 back at home in Texas where he practices today as a Licensed Clinical Social Work Supervisor (LCSW-S). Early in his professional career, Marney worked in hospitals gaining experience in clinical program management in chemical dependence, individual counseling and psychiatric treatment, mental health benefit management, utilization review, employee assistance, and pharmaceutical research as a coordinator of clinical trials studying the disease of Schizophrenia. In 1998, Marney moved to San Antonio, Texas where he began private practice as a psychotherapist and business consultant. Today, Marney is happily married and owns and operates DeFoore Consulting, LLC. Marney's primary service is an "Intensive" approach to personal and professional development for Individuals, Couples, Families and Business (available by private payment only). Marney also offers traditional counseling and coaching services available by private payment and for which some insurance may be accepted. All of Marney's work is based on the basic principle that every person, made in the image of God, has the ability to change. Marney hold a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Texas, and a Master of Social Work degree from Our Lady of the Lake University where he graduated with honors from the Worden School of Social Service. Marney has also completed post graduate studies in Clinical Supervision at Texas State University. Hospital Experience Baylor-Parkside Lodge of Dallas/Fort Worth Bowling Green Hospital of Dallas Charter Hospital of Dallas Seay Behavioral Health Center on the campus of Presbyterian Hospital of Plano St. Paul University Hospital at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Internships Covenant Behavioral Health Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, and Private Practice development at Consultant Services Clinical Practice Intensive Personal and Professional Development Transactional Analysis Redecision Therapy Gestalt Therapy Solution Focused Brief Therapy Memberships Redecision Therapy Association - Founding Charter Member, Diplomat and first President, (2004 - 2007) Phi Alpha National Honor Society - Lifetime Associate Member

4203 Woodcock Dr

San Antonio, TX 78228

Learn about Marney DeFoore

Are you looking for "Intensive" marriage counseling in San Antonio? If you are ready to learn, change and grow, then call Marney today. If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, call me. If you've tried other therapies and your results have been short-lived, and now you are ready to do whatever it takes, then call Marney to make a plan to do just that. Take charge of yourself and move forward to the best life possible. Sound unrealistic? Visit www.marneydefoore.com to see what others say about their "Intensive" work with Marney (traditional counseling also available).

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Christian Counseling
  • Individual Counseling
  • Life Coaching
  • Psychotherapy

Marney DeFoore does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction

• Our Lady Of The Lake University
    Other Education | Completed 2002
  • Texas State University
    Other Education | Completed

Marney DeFoore has no awards or honors listed.

Marney DeFoore has no media or publications listed.

Marney DeFoore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Marney DeFoore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Marney DeFoore's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Marney DeFoore to family and friends
Marney DeFoore Says:

"I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to the clients who've taken the time to rate their experience at my office. Your pathway to lasting change was paved with your willingness to be bold and open minded. Congratulations to each of you!" - Marney

Marney DeFoore's Performance
in Campbell, TX |
Therapy is a journey if you are willing to listen and try. Marney is phenomenal! H gave me tools that I still use to this day. I highly recommend DeFoore Consulting!!
San Antonio, TX |
Truth be told, I didn't get past the initial consultation. Maybe it wasn't a good fit, which can happen with therapists, but honestly, when a person keeps bringing up their "stellar" reviews and uses cliched techniques that must elicit a predetermined response, then I cant see how these reviews are warranted. Plus, when challenged and questioned on using these techniques, he got visibly distressed and couldn't continue along another train of thought.
I regret that we didn't have a positive experience together and I hope you won't stop looking for what you need in a therapist. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly. I genuinely wish the best for you.
in bulverde |
Through Marney's professional work, God was able to mend my wounds and make me whole again. He has allowed me to see the imperfectly perfect person I am in His eyes. God's goodness then overflowed into my once dying marriage and all other aspects of my life. Marney's work is very serious and thought provoking; however, once fully committed, God will handle the rest.
San Antonio, TX |
My wife and I had hit a rough patch in our marriage. I was skeptical to attend at first but after my first visit I was extremely grateful that I did. Marney was very professional and easy to talk to. He gave us the tools to build our marriage back up and sure enough we are better than ever. I am forever in debted to him. I would highly recommend him.
in San Antonio, TX |
It’s my absolute pleasure to recommend Marney Defoore. I was always very impressed with Marney Defoore ability to handle my stressful situations and to be able to make me feel relax and very comfortable. I've been a patience of his for over 3 years and couldn't even imagine how I would be able to learn about myself without his present. His knowledge and expertise was very helpful to me. I truly believe that Marney Defoore will provide mental health services to individuals and families.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was referred to Marney by a friend, and have not looked back. After a few private sessions it was recommended that I work through my trauma in an intensive 3 day session. I have never experienced such ground breaking therapy in my life. Working with Marney has not only helped me process out of my marriage in a healthy way, but I have gained so much insight into myself. He makes himself available where he can, and he accepts Tricare. I would highly recommend Marney my friends and family.
in San Antonio, TX |
My experience has been so pleasant, I have already referred a close family member. Marney is professional, prompt, patient and kind.
in San Antonio |
As a pastor, I frequently need to make counselor referrals. I have complete confidence to send folks to Marney, both in his skills and in his Biblical world-view.
in San Antonio, TX |
Incredibly helpful, makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, very professional.
Have you seen Marney DeFoore, MSW?

Visit Marney DeFoore