Marney DeFoore, MSW

Marriage & Family Therapy •  Male • Age 63

Marney DeFoore

DeFoore Consulting, LLC

4203 Woodcock Dr San Antonio, TX 78228

Marney DeFoore, MSW is a marriage & family therapist in San Antonio, TX. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Family And Marriage Counselors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Marney DeFoore accepts

Marney DeFoore accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Marney DeFoore treats your condition or procedure

Marney DeFoore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Marney DeFoore

Marney DeFoore?
Marney DeFoore's Performance
What People Say About Marney DeFoore, MSW
I came to Marney at the recommendation of my pastor, due to recurring relationship trauma in my life. I wanted to find a way to stop the cycle. After listening to my history, he accepted me as a client believing that he could help. Oh yes, he did help indeed! His faith-based guidance allowed me to understand what I had been through and to chart a better course for myself. Effective? Emphatically, YES!!!
Robert in SAN ANTONIO, TX – Jun 19, 2018
Thank you so much, Robert. I'm so glad you're...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
Not many words can express my gratitude for the day I sat in Mr. Marney DeFoore’s office. My outlook on life has changed. I see myself and my situation as God does and that’s awesome. Marney has given spiritual counsel for my simple life situations. I’m learning to live one day at a time and taking heed to remain sure that what I think and speak over my life is in line with the word of God. Thank you, Marney, for your great counsel.
Ms. Small in San Antonio, Texas – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
Make sure you feel comfortable the minute you walk in. You don’t feel like you are going to be judged for the the reasons you are there for. Great Counselor.
Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
Therapy is a journey if you are willing to listen and try. Marney is phenomenal! H gave me tools that I still use to this day. I highly recommend DeFoore Consulting!!
Karen in Campbell, TX – Jun 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
Truth be told, I didn't get past the initial consultation. Maybe it wasn't a good fit, which can happen with therapists, but honestly, when a person keeps bringing up their "stellar" reviews and uses cliched techniques that must elicit a predetermined response, then I cant see how these reviews are warranted. Plus, when challenged and questioned on using these techniques, he got visibly distressed and couldn't continue along another train of thought.
San Antonio, TX – May 31, 2017
I regret that we didn't have a positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
Through Marney's professional work, God was able to mend my wounds and make me whole again. He has allowed me to see the imperfectly perfect person I am in His eyes. God's goodness then overflowed into my once dying marriage and all other aspects of my life. Marney's work is very serious and thought provoking; however, once fully committed, God will handle the rest.
-ingrid in bulverde – Feb 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
My wife and I had hit a rough patch in our marriage. I was skeptical to attend at first but after my first visit I was extremely grateful that I did. Marney was very professional and easy to talk to. He gave us the tools to build our marriage back up and sure enough we are better than ever. I am forever in debted to him. I would highly recommend him.
San Antonio, TX – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
It’s my absolute pleasure to recommend Marney Defoore. I was always very impressed with Marney Defoore ability to handle my stressful situations and to be able to make me feel relax and very comfortable. I've been a patience of his for over 3 years and couldn't even imagine how I would be able to learn about myself without his present. His knowledge and expertise was very helpful to me. I truly believe that Marney Defoore will provide mental health services to individuals and families.
God is Good in San Antonio, TX – Dec 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
I was referred to Marney by a friend, and have not looked back. After a few private sessions it was recommended that I work through my trauma in an intensive 3 day session. I have never experienced such ground breaking therapy in my life. Working with Marney has not only helped me process out of my marriage in a healthy way, but I have gained so much insight into myself. He makes himself available where he can, and he accepts Tricare. I would highly recommend Marney my friends and family.
Kristina Odell in San Antonio, TX – Dec 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
My experience has been so pleasant, I have already referred a close family member. Marney is professional, prompt, patient and kind.
Andrea L in San Antonio, TX – Dec 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
As a pastor, I frequently need to make counselor referrals. I have complete confidence to send folks to Marney, both in his skills and in his Biblical world-view.
Miriam C. in San Antonio – Dec 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?
Incredibly helpful, makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, very professional.
Helena in San Antonio, TX – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Marney DeFoore, MSW?

How was your experience with Marney DeFoore?

Are you looking for "Intensive" marriage counseling in San Antonio? If you are ready to learn, change and grow, then call Marney today. If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, call me. If you've tried other therapies and you...

• Marriage & Family Therapy

Texas State University

• LMSW-S - Licensed Clinical Social Work Supervisor, 2012
  • MSW - Master Social Worker, 2002
  • LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker, 2002
  • Phi Alpha, National Honor Society for Social Work, Delta Delta Chapter, Lifetime Member, 2000
  • LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker, 2005