Mark Udy, PA-C

Physician Assistant (PA)MaleAge 49

Mark Udy, PA-C is a Physician Assistant in St George, UT and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Idaho State University medical school in 2002. Be sure to call ahead with Mark Udy to book an appointment.

Mark Udy

Desert Pain Specialists

1490 E Foremaster Dr St George, UT 84790

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Physician Assistants in your area

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check if Mark Udy treats your condition or procedure

Mark Udy accepts

Mark Udy accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Mark Udy's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Mark Udy

3.7

Mark Udy
He has given me consistently great care that I can trust for over 2 years. He his very knowledgeable, personable, and compassionate. He is not over aggressive in his treatment plans but is very thorough. Nothing but great things to say about my experience.
May 29, 2021
I’m a forever fan of Mark! He is a modern day Sherlock Holmes when is comes to diagnosing my chronic pain as well as gaining control over it. I am amazed at how much my pain has improved since working with him over the past year. He does not give up and does not make me feel like we have run out of options, like my useless CA pain group did prior to relocating to Mesquite, NV. My condition is something not many doctors know about - CRPS. It is neurologically based, is somewhat rare of a condition and is incurable at this time. The pain is excruciating and debilitating. Mark has experience with this condition and welcomes the challenge of managing my daily flare ups. He constantly seeks out other possible solutions to help me better manage the pain. I highly recommend Mark and Desert Pain Specialists! I can’t imagine living with this condition without his drive to manage such a challenging condition!! ??
Lori Scheunemann – May 07, 2021
I have been seeing Mark for a couple of years now. Although, I’ve been in chronic pain for 20 years, he is one of the very FEW doctors that take the time to listen to me. I’ve tried so many different treatments, medications, and ways to alleviate my every day pain. Mark Udy still tries to help, where other doctors give up on helping me because they don’t know what to do. If anything, he gives me some hope that I have someone on my side. It means a lot, because living daily in chronic pain can be so damn depressing. ??
Feb 20, 2021
I have been a patient of Mark's for 3 years and he has always treated me with respect and compassion. He takes the time to explain any diagnosis, treatment plans and medication options. Over the last ten years I have seen other doctors for my pain, but Mark is by far the most skilled, knowledgeable and caring PA here in St. George!!!
Kristen Bringhurst – Mar 16, 2020
Dr. Mark Udy is one of the best not to mention most compassionate doctors that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He has significantly increased my quality of life through a couple of different procedures. When I told him I couldn't afford one, he helped me find a way to make it viable. I am eternally grateful for Dr.Udy! My quality of life isn't even on the same map as it used to be!!
Jen Timms – Nov 05, 2019
If you are looking for help with your pain and want to know all the options explained to you in detail, Mark is the provider for you. He listens and he cares, I feel like he is invested in me. If you just want narcotics to solve everything than he is not the provider for you. He has been a blessing to my life and helped me live life again. I would recommend this man to anyone.
Apr 08, 2019
I’ve been going to Mark Udy for several years he’s simply the best! He explains things and listens better than any other provider I’ve ever been to. He cares and wants to help you but only if you want real help. He won’t just dish out the narcotics! Some of these negative reviews are obviously from drug seeking patients who just want drugs! and many that probably broke their pain contract, which they are well aware of and sign and agree to when they first sign on with this clinic.
Mar 28, 2019
He's a bad apple here on St. George. I'm SHOCKED he hasn't already drug the medical practice of Dr. Court Empey through the dirt with disgruntled dissatisfied people who come in contact with this Jeckyl/Hide behavior. This man is a LIABILITY - Do NOT trust him with your health needs....
St. George – Jan 17, 2019
absolute garbage. Should have his medical licence revoked. Very disrespectful and rude, put his hand up and shut me and my mom up multiple times while talking over us. Brought his personal life issues into the visit and was big reason why he would give me what i needed that i have been getting for the last 4 years. Will never see anyone in the whole complex because they let this stuff slide. Complained about him multiple times and they kept sending me to see him. Will never go back to the place
  • Long wait times
Nov 21, 2018
Dr. Udy didn't even know the extent of my spine issues after 2 years of seeing him. I should have changed doctors then. Since then he hasn't mentioned any things wrong but all of a sudden claims that I've broken the contract for several different reasons. Then discharges me with nothing. Even by law he was supposed to give a 2 week ween-off and did NOT. If you see hianyonthere there get out now before they discharge you and you won't be able to get medications for pain at all!
St. George – May 31, 2018
Mr. Udy just up and decides to no longer prescribe to me because of a few fabricated reasons. Most of which is the first I've even heard these things. Been seeing him for 3 yrs. Oh but ya I just became disabled and so I now have Medicare/Medicaid which pays less than just Medicaid did. If I could prove discrimination I would. It's all about the money because he has a bad attitude and is always arrogant and acts annoyed! No good bedside manner! He should consider surgical work. Where ppl are out
May 28, 2018
I have seen him for 6 years, even followed him from another practice. But in the past year, I have had increasingly bad visits. My pain issues are no longer being taken care of. I'm in constant pain because of his lack of attention to my needs. I feel stressed each time I have to see him. His once easy going and understanding attitude is gone. Replaced by someone that treats me like I'm an addict. Simply because I have required changes in my dosing. Please, seek someone else for your needs.
  • Long wait times
St George, UT – Feb 16, 2017
I was seen by Mark Udy several times over a period of about 2 years or so. From the very first time Mark was very polite and I think knowledgeable in his field. The last visit I had with him did not go so well and since that time I have seen others in the practice. He seemed to be very annoyed at me for whatever reason, and my wife was there and felt just as uncomfortable with his mannerism toward me. I have problems with my cervical discs and my L5 lumbar. I have not seen him since.
Michael Craven in St George, UT – Oct 14, 2016
Took a lot of time to get to know my husband and understand what was bothering him. Ordered the appropriate test to get a better understanding of the problems causing his pain.
Marcia in St. George, UT – Mar 26, 2016

How was your experience with Mark Udy?

• Physician Assistant (PA)
  • Pain Medicine