Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD

Dr. Nickolas
Telehealth services available

Inner Resources Counseling, Marblehead, MA

74 Atlantic Ave Marblehead, MA 01945

Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD is a Counselor in Marblehead, MA. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nickolas to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

See similar Counselors in Marblehead

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Nickolas accepts

Dr. Nickolas accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Nickolas treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Nickolas' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD...

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Nickolas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nickolas

Dr. Nickolas?
Mark is the best therapist I have ever encountered. My son was sinking into depression and refusing help. Mark became the first therapist my son agreed to keep seeing. Mark has a remarkable ability to hone in on issues that need attention. But he does so with humor and a vast reservoir of knowledge. He is incredibly perceptive and intellectually agile. He will shift the direction of a session in a second if he senses a symptom that needs to be addressed. He gave full attention to my son, and has earned his trust. Within a few months, my son went from being depressed and withdrawn to a new stage where he is now confident and moving ahead with life. I feel very fortunate to have found such a talented, compassionate and intuitive therapist who has led the path to my son’s healing and helped him believe in himself and his future. He may have saved my son’s life. I have the highest praise for Mark and his extraordinary skills and highly recommend him to anyone who needs help.
Concerned dad – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
He answered door with no shoes on bc he was tiling his bathroom. He told us he was up til 3am yet he still met us at 10am. We both felt he gave us poor advice which was that we were not right for each other and should stop seeing each other. We are working things out on our own ....he made us realize we can do this without his help.
MA – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark guided me through a troubling time in my life and helped clarify the next steps I was seeking to get on the right path. He connected in a profound way that made me feel truly seen, heard and validated. He has an artful, genuine way of illuminating key elements that get to the heart of the matter, as well as a gentle humor that lends comfort to discussing sensitive and often painful topics. I highly recommend.
V – Aug 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a very special person and therapist. From the first time I met him, I was struck by his warmth, honesty, insight and intuition. Unlike many therapists, he is open and honest, even sharing some of his own experiences and vulnerabilities. With warmth and a sweet sense of humor, he skillfully guides you to a place of greater understanding of yourself and the other people in your life.
jl in Marblehead, MA – May 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
From the moment I spoke with Mark on the phone, I felt he would offer me a totally unique experience in therapy. Initially I dreaded trying to find a new therapist and having to use the first several appointments telling them my life story. I see him individually and also with my husband. My husband has an especially hard time opening up, and I've seen Mark help him show a side of himself I'd never seen in our 18 yrs together. He's spiritual, down-to-earth and cares deeply about helping.
Ruth in Marblehead, MA – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
I've never been more comfortable with a therapist than I have with Mark. I have seen tangible results that I never thought possible in just a short amount of time of 3 months working with him. I highly recommend Mark for anybody wishing for any improvements in any area of life. He has a non-judgmental, relaxed way about him. Go for it, you'll never regret it.
Meg C in Somerville, MA – Oct 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark has cultivated a wonderful combination of empathetic, non-judgmental listening, impressive psychological knowledge, and a disarming, gentle directness in his advice. I recommend him highly to anyone who needs or wants assistance or support from a mental health professional.
Jul 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
It is my pleasure to highly recommend Dr. Mark Nickolas. When attempting to find a therapist, I was drawn to his extensive experience, as well as his religious background. Dr. Nickolas creates an atmosphere that is relaxed, comfortable and welcoming. One of his most outstanding qualities is his talent for quickly discovering the root of conflicts and teaching workable and effective strategies. All in all, when I leave his office, I feel as though I have gained a better understanding of myself.
Terre – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Dr. Mark Nickolas has been a wonderful therapist. I felt at ease with him immediately, and he instills trust immediately. He is a great listener, very thoughtful with his approach and words, respectful at all times, open-minded to situations, solutions, and ideas, and overall, an inspiring and motivating individual to work with. I highly recommend him for anyone that would like to improve their mental health and/or hear another's perspective on any situation. I've found time spent rewarding.
Happy in Marblehead in Marblehead, MA – Jun 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
I contacted Mark struggling to manage a family crisis. He quickly responded and worked with me to find a schedule that would work for the entire family. His gentle demeanor put everybody at ease and allowed to address the issues at hand, and more important it allowed the kids to open and share their feelings and concerns with their mother. For the fist time she was listening and agreed to address the concerns. We still have a long way to go, but now the kids know they have someone they can trust
Claude N in Arlington, MA – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a unique and wonderful therapist.  My wife and I have been learning a lot about our true inner selves and about how our parts relate to each other and to the world.  He uses various techniques and each has proven very helpful for us.  We trust Mark implicitly and recommend him to any individual or couple who are looking for support in growing and reuniting with their true compassionate inner selves.
Bob B. in Swampscott – Feb 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
From day one of talking to Mark, he's been on point. He always makes himself available at all times of the day and evening. He's a great listener and can relate your actions with examples one can. Understand and work differently to make life better. Mark has also giving some of the best advice with added examples. I'm hopeful and can take Mark for all of the work he is doing. I'm very thankful to have Mark in my life at this point. I would recommend him to all. He's truly one of the best!
Linda R. in Peabody, ma – Feb 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a remarkable counselor! I've never felt so comfortable talking to someone and having him understand what your saying to the tee! He is then able to provide examples and advice thats has been a great help.
tito rodriguez in peabody ma, – Feb 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
I've been through a number of counselors through the years but if I met Mark sooner, I think I would have been in a better position years ago. Mark is very patient and understanding and is alway on point with everything. He's a great listener and his advice has been great and on point!!! Mark made himself available at all times of the day and evening. I would recommend Mark to anyone. He's really been a great addition to my life!
Linda R. in Peabody, Ma – Feb 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a remarkable counselor. I only have had a great experience with him. He continues to be a very supportive and understanding counselor. He especially makes the situation more understandable for everyone, as well as creates a unique explanation for the specific situation or cause. Mark is a very good counselor and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in the situation of needing one.
Tito R. in Peabody, MA – Feb 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nickolas?

• Counseling
  • Relationship Counseling
Less...

• Greek

More Information

• Does Dr. Nickolas communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Nickolas communicates via email

• Does Dr. Nickolas offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Nickolas offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Nickolas offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Nickolas offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Nickolas have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Nickolas has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Nickolas offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Nickolas offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Nickolas offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Nickolas offers evening visits