Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD

Counseling ·  Male

Dr. Nickolas

Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD is a counselor in Marblehead, MA. He specializes in counseling, pastoral counseling, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Nickolas accepts

Dr. Nickolas accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Nickolas treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Nickolas' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital and Family Psychotherapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

Dr. Nickolas?
Dr. Nickolas' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD
RecentMost Helpful
Mark guided me through a troubling time in my life and helped clarify the next steps I was seeking to get on the right path. He connected in a profound way that made me feel truly seen, heard and validated. He has an artful, genuine way of illuminating key elements that get to the heart of the matter, as well as a gentle humor that lends comfort to discussing sensitive and often painful topics. I highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a very special person and therapist. From the first time I met him, I was struck by his warmth, honesty, insight and intuition. Unlike many therapists, he is open and honest, even sharing some of his own experiences and vulnerabilities. With warmth and a sweet sense of humor, he skillfully guides you to a place of greater understanding of yourself and the other people in your life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
From the moment I spoke with Mark on the phone, I felt he would offer me a totally unique experience in therapy. Initially I dreaded trying to find a new therapist and having to use the first several appointments telling them my life story. I see him individually and also with my husband. My husband has an especially hard time opening up, and I've seen Mark help him show a side of himself I'd never seen in our 18 yrs together. He's spiritual, down-to-earth and cares deeply about helping.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
I've never been more comfortable with a therapist than I have with Mark. I have seen tangible results that I never thought possible in just a short amount of time of 3 months working with him. I highly recommend Mark for anybody wishing for any improvements in any area of life. He has a non-judgmental, relaxed way about him. Go for it, you'll never regret it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark has cultivated a wonderful combination of empathetic, non-judgmental listening, impressive psychological knowledge, and a disarming, gentle directness in his advice. I recommend him highly to anyone who needs or wants assistance or support from a mental health professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
It is my pleasure to highly recommend Dr. Mark Nickolas. When attempting to find a therapist, I was drawn to his extensive experience, as well as his religious background. Dr. Nickolas creates an atmosphere that is relaxed, comfortable and welcoming. One of his most outstanding qualities is his talent for quickly discovering the root of conflicts and teaching workable and effective strategies. All in all, when I leave his office, I feel as though I have gained a better understanding of myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Dr. Mark Nickolas has been a wonderful therapist. I felt at ease with him immediately, and he instills trust immediately. He is a great listener, very thoughtful with his approach and words, respectful at all times, open-minded to situations, solutions, and ideas, and overall, an inspiring and motivating individual to work with. I highly recommend him for anyone that would like to improve their mental health and/or hear another's perspective on any situation. I've found time spent rewarding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
I contacted Mark struggling to manage a family crisis. He quickly responded and worked with me to find a schedule that would work for the entire family. His gentle demeanor put everybody at ease and allowed to address the issues at hand, and more important it allowed the kids to open and share their feelings and concerns with their mother. For the fist time she was listening and agreed to address the concerns. We still have a long way to go, but now the kids know they have someone they can trust
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a unique and wonderful therapist.  My wife and I have been learning a lot about our true inner selves and about how our parts relate to each other and to the world.  He uses various techniques and each has proven very helpful for us.  We trust Mark implicitly and recommend him to any individual or couple who are looking for support in growing and reuniting with their true compassionate inner selves.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
From day one of talking to Mark, he's been on point. He always makes himself available at all times of the day and evening. He's a great listener and can relate your actions with examples one can. Understand and work differently to make life better. Mark has also giving some of the best advice with added examples. I'm hopeful and can take Mark for all of the work he is doing. I'm very thankful to have Mark in my life at this point. I would recommend him to all. He's truly one of the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a remarkable counselor! I've never felt so comfortable talking to someone and having him understand what your saying to the tee! He is then able to provide examples and advice thats has been a great help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
I've been through a number of counselors through the years but if I met Mark sooner, I think I would have been in a better position years ago. Mark is very patient and understanding and is alway on point with everything. He's a great listener and his advice has been great and on point!!! Mark made himself available at all times of the day and evening. I would recommend Mark to anyone. He's really been a great addition to my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?
Mark is a remarkable counselor. I only have had a great experience with him. He continues to be a very supportive and understanding counselor. He especially makes the situation more understandable for everyone, as well as creates a unique explanation for the specific situation or cause. Mark is a very good counselor and I would highly recommend him to anyone who is in the situation of needing one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Nickolas, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nickolas?