Mark McGonigle, LCSW

Social WorkMaleAge 62

Social Work

Mark McGonigle, LCSW is a Social Worker in Kansas City, MO. His office accepts new patients.

Mark McGonigle, LCSW

Wise Mind Therapy Services LLC

222 W Gregory Blvd Ste 310 Kansas City, MO 64114

Mark McGonigle's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Mark McGonigle

I cannot imagine where my life would be without Mark’s help. I have made incredible progress on my life challenges. Highly recommended!
J – Dec 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is very easy to talk to and discuss life.
Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is a great listener and reads me very well. He is excellent in allowing me to see myself from the outside. He reflects back to me how I can see myself.
Lloyd Boothe – Jul 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I have worked with Mark for over 12 years from time to time. The work we have done has allowed me the freedom to live my life in a happy, satisfying, fulfilled manner. I highly recommend him.
May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
My husband and I have recommended mark to another couple who used him for marriage counseling like we did. Mark’s value lies in quickly getting to the heart of the real issue. He asks the right questions and both my husband and I trusted him from the beginning. We used two other marriage counsellors in the past and their approach was fine but it took quite awhile to discover what our issues were and their “solutions” didn’t seem to address our core problems of communication. I think Mark’s approach is based more in emotionally focused therapy (EFT). Highly recommended. One Mark session is like three regular counseling sessions- so it is affordable too!
Christine – Mar 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is amazing. He’s a great listener, remembers what’s going on my my life and asks great questions. He always has relevant examples, homework and questions that help me find the answer I’m looking for.
Older and Slightly Wiser – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is by far the best counselor I've ever been to. And, I've been to a few over the years. His work and techniques really resonate with me and my partner. He always makes us feel secure and heard...and is a steady, considerate, gentle guide for us. We both have needed healing from situations and past history to come more together as a couple. Our process will continue as we will happily check in with Mark in an on-going nature, knowing we improve with every visit with him. it's amazing how freey we can open up and share with him, oftentimes things we cannot initiate alone together. I would absolutely recommend Mark to any of my friends or anyone in need of his services.
Mar 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark McGonigle has helped me more in a few months than all my therapists over many years. CPTSD wasn’t understood by the others. I have learned tools I can actually use in tough moments.
Richard A – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I’ve used many therapists for various issues throughout my life. Mark is the best I’ve ever had! Because of his insight, training and years of experience, Mark has been able to help get me through 2020 & now 2021 without me going “too” crazy. At almost every session, I have an aha moment, where Mark helps me understand something about myself. With that new knowledge, he helps me apply it to my life in a very practical way. I always feel better after every session!
Sophie – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I found my session with Mr. Mark Mcgonigle professional & very helpful. He gives suggestions and tries to help the client find solutions to their problems with dialectical behavior therapy & also cognitive therapy. Mark also uses EMDR, a bilateral stimulation therapy with a spiritual approach that is practical, while also encouraging learned mindfulness & DBT skills.
Sunny DelFraino – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is a caring behavioral health professional and has made a measurable difference in helping me manage my life better.
Daniel Bonderer – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is a seasoned professional who is committed to helping his clients. Mark provides amazing guidance and feedback with a well thought out plan for success.
M. Smith – Oct 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Can't say enough good things about Mark and my time with him over the past 3 years. His ability to talk WITH me has allowed me to make great strides in my personal/emotional growth. The EMDR sessions have helped greatly and assisted in making sense of a world I didn't realize had effected me in so many negative ways. Mark has a very intuitive side which I believe to be more of a gift that a learned trait.
Kendall Gammon – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is fantastic. He know how to listen and engage and provides healthy advice. Highly recommend
  • Appointment was rushed
KGS – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is great ! He evaluates the situation quickly . You can trust him. He teaches you how to overcome your challenges . Mark can make the difference you need .
Martha – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I saw Mark for a series of sessions for some panic issues I had been working on for many years. Every session was amazing and my panic is now gone except for occasional low level rumble that passes quickly. I have seen five different therapists over my 81 years. He is the best. Rev. Paul Smith
Rev. Paul R. Smith in Kansas City, MO – Feb 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I could not have a better therapist! Mark Thomas McGonigle is ever so patient, smart, knowledgeable, kind, friendly, and best of all he has a marvelous sense of humor. In the months I have worked with Mark Thomas, I have made great progress in gaining a much needed sense of self, never feeling put upon to do what I don’t want to do. Rather he and I together have found ways to work through my problems that are effective and enjoyable for both of us. Could go on, but space here is ending . . .
Sandra Gail Teichmann-Hillesheim in KC, MO – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
Mark is a genius; creating a safe container, and gentle, spot on, intuitive guidance for his clients. He is a partner on his client's journey for their highest healing. I am so grateful he is on my court!
Carol – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I am currently finishing school for social work and Mark was kind enough to let me interview him and willing to help!
Gladstone , MO – Jul 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?
I would recommend Mark to anyone that asked for a great therapist. I went to Mark after having had a horrific experience with another therapist I'd had a very long term relationship with. It was (and is) very traumatic for me. Mark was a good listener and was able to "catch on" quickly. He was caring and compassionate. He went through the options for me if I wanted to pursue filing against the other therapist. If I was feeling very unsafe and needed to talk he squeezed me in. Mark's wonderful.
May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Mark McGonigle, LCSW?

How was your experience with Mark McGonigle?