Podiatric Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM
A native of Kansas, Dr. Mark Birmingham completed his medical training at the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine near Chicago, Illinois, and completed his surgical internship and residency at The Highlands Presbyterian/St. Luke's Program in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Birmingham contributes to medical education as a reviewer for online newsletters to the members of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and continues to be involved with the education of the residents of the Highlands Program in Denver. He is Board Certified in Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle surgery. He is also a member of the Physicians Practice Physician Advisory Board, a periodical highlighting medical practice management. Dr. Birmingham is a devoted patient advocate who strongly believes that quality education and training make a difference in treatment outcomes. He also believes that educating the patient is key to the patient's success in return to activity. Aside from patient care, he enjoys running, hiking, traveling and keeping current on health and nutrition. Dr. Birmingham and his wife have the privilege of raising their four children.

Department of Orthopedics

2750 Broadway St

Boulder, CO 80304

• Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Birmingham

As a Board Certified foot and ankle surgeon, I specialize in disorders and injuries of the foot and ankle. I am a devoted patient advocate who strongly believes that quality education and training make a difference in treatment outcomes. I also believe that educating the patient is key to the patient's success in return to activity.

Dr. Birmingham's Experience

Dr. Birmingham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Podiatric Surgery

• Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Hammer Toe Repair
  • Ingrown Toenail Treatment
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Pittsburg State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • Finch University Of Health Sciences / Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Healthone Presbyterian/St.Luke's Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Healthone Presbyterian/St.Luke's Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Birmingham has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Birmingham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Birmingham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Birmingham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Birmingham to family and friends
Dr. Birmingham Says:

Thank you for leaving your feedback on Healthgrades. Thank you for taking time from your day to help us continue and/or improve our patient care.

Should your review include a concern regarding our patient care practices, please, don't hesitate to call our office at 303.440.3036.

We know from our own research that your feedback is an invaluable resource for new or...

Dr. Birmingham's Performance
in Boulder, CO |
Dr. Birmingham has been treating my ankle for the past 5 months. He first prescribed a conservative, noninvasive approach (PT). Once it was clear that PT was not healing the underlying damage, he operated. The operation appears to be a definite success. He repaired several torn ligaments, a torn tendon, and some bone microfractures. After 8 weeks I am walking and riding my bike again. Throughout, he communicated with humility and confidence. All in all, I am very pleased. I highly recommend!
in Boulder, CO |
Very friendly, attentive, skilled in the art, great follow ups.
in Boulder, CO |
Dr. Birmingham was knowledgeable and patient in explaining my options prior to ankle surgery and has been equally helpful in follow-up appointments. He answers all of my questions and lets me know what to expect at each stage. He is approachable and never feels rushed during appointments. I'm very pleased with the results of my surgery; I’ve had very little pain or swelling and am on the way to full recovery. I highly recommend him to those exploring options to repair ankle instability and pain.
in Boulder, CO |
Mark is smart, careful, friendly, really good at answering questions, totally up on the latest. I have now seen him seven times for osteoarthritis treatments.
in Boulder, CO |
What great luck that I found this doctor! Very personable, professional and really knowledgeable. He immediately was able to diagnose my problem; fully explained various types of treatment; and quickly got me healing. I can't recommend Dr. Benjamin highly enough...at 74 I've had many physicians in my life, and he's one of the finest!
in Boulder, CO |
I went to Dr. Birmingham to get his opinion about chronic bursitis at the back of my heel. He was extremely personable and answered all of my detailed questions about the surgical options, risks, recovery period, physical therapy, etc. During our discussion he mentioned a paper from a medical journal which described one of the procedures. I was interested in reading it, so I wrote down the author's name. Dr. Birmingham actually printed out the paper and gave it to me as I was leaving.
in Superior, CO |
Dr. Birmingham was very professional and skilled yet compassionate. He listened carefully with empathy and his bedside manner was excellent. I would highly recommend him.
in Boulder, CO |
I went to Dr. Birmingham because I had a sliver of glass deep in my foot. His procedure to remove the glass was intricate and he brought a high-level of expertise. I am also pleased and amazed to say Dr. Birmingham has the best "bedside manner" of just about any physician I have seen in my entire life. I told him I wish he could teach his doctor-patient relationship skills to medical students, as that would greatly improve the quality of medical care. I highly recommend Dr. Birmingham.
in Westminster, CO |
Dr. Birmingham was terrific. He was kind, compassionate, friendly, knowledgeable. I felt that all of my questions were answered in a timely manner. My foot surgery went well, and his follow up care was great.
Boulder, CO |
Dr. Birmingham is professional, skilled, and thorough. At the same time, he shows personal interest in his patients as a whole and in their family members. I would highly recommend him.
Listens, takes time. Great bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Are you Dr. Birmingham?