Marissa Penn, LMSW

Social WorkFemale

Social Work

Marissa Penn, LMSW is a Social Worker in Forest Hills, NY. She is affiliated with Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Marissa Penn, LMSW

Bleuler Psychotherapy Center Inc.

10470 Queens Blvd Ste 200 Forest Hills, NY 11375
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Social Workers in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Marissa Penn treats your condition or procedure

Marissa Penn accepts

Marissa Penn accepts the following insurance:

Select

Marissa Penn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Marissa Penn

Marissa Penn

She is very professional and high skilled therapist. She has talent to speck important matters in your daily life with realistic solutions . I guess she love her job and if you love what you do you will be excellent..
Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?
I was able to learn about myself in a way that I had not before with Marissa guiding the healing process. I was being treated for addiction. She uses a harm reduction based approach, which I found refreshing rather than the outdated “stay away from alcohol forever” method from Alcoholics Anonymous. She nonetheless drew from some concepts that overlapped with AA mantra as well and made practical sense. Marissa taught me about the “Sinclair Method”, in which I was able to use medication assisted therapy to drink responsibly for the first time in my life. She also educated us on co-dependency and other dysfunctional aspects in our family dynamics. She never judged or gave unsolicited advice. I loved our time together and often reflect back on the therapeutic process with Marissa.
Former patient – Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?
Marissa is compassionate, caring, and professional. She gently nudges you while remaining respectful of your boundaries. She’s not pushy or judgmental. You will not be disappointed!
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?
I was in therapy with Marissa for about 8 months. She was immensely kind and compassionate. She was attentive, remembering details, provided me with sound advice for various issues in my day-to-day life, recommending books and helping me to make sense of things from a different angle. She was always genuine. I never had to wait very long for our sessions to take place. She was not like other therapists I have had previously in that I felt she truly cared for my wellbeing. Marissa was able to help me process and get past roadblocks I have had from traumatic experiences and our sessions were always enjoyable
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?

How was your experience with Marissa Penn?

• Social Work
  • Addiction and Substance Abuse Counseling
  • Psychotherapy

Does Marissa Penn, LMSW offer telehealth services?

Marissa Penn has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Marissa Penn, LMSW accepting new patients?

Marissa Penn, LMSW generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Marissa Penn's profile to make an appointment.

Does Marissa Penn, LMSW accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Marissa Penn accepts your insurance.

Where is Marissa Penn, LMSW's office located?

Marissa Penn's office is located at 10470 Queens Blvd Ste 200, Forest Hills, NY 11375. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Marissa Penn, LMSW?

Bleuler Psychotherapy Center Inc.10470 Queens Blvd Ste 200 Forest Hills, NY 11375
Advanced Center for Psychotherapy17810 WEXFORD TER Jamaica, NY 11432
    • Sat: 9:00am - 9:00pm

Marissa Penn is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center

Jamaica, NY

54% Patients that would definitely recommend, 16% lower than the national average

17 Awards Received

Award Highlight: America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)