Marissa Penn, LMSW

Social WorkFemale

Marissa Penn
Telehealth services available

Bleuler Psychotherapy Center Inc.

10470 Queens Blvd Ste 200 Forest Hills, NY 11375

Marissa Penn, LMSW is a Social Worker in Forest Hills, NY. She is affiliated with Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Marissa Penn to book an appointment.

Marissa Penn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Marissa Penn

Marissa Penn?
  • Appointment scheduling (2)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (2)
  • Explained conditions well (2)
    She is very professional and high skilled therapist. She has talent to speck important matters in your daily life with realistic solutions . I guess she love her job and if you love what you do you will be excellent..
    Mar 06, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?
    I was able to learn about myself in a way that I had not before with Marissa guiding the healing process. I was being treated for addiction. She uses a harm reduction based approach, which I found refreshing rather than the outdated “stay away from alcohol forever” method from Alcoholics Anonymous. She nonetheless drew from some concepts that overlapped with AA mantra as well and made practical sense. Marissa taught me about the “Sinclair Method”, in which I was able to use medication assisted therapy to drink responsibly for the first time in my life. She also educated us on co-dependency and other dysfunctional aspects in our family dynamics. She never judged or gave unsolicited advice. I loved our time together and often reflect back on the therapeutic process with Marissa.
    Former patient – Aug 31, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?
    Marissa is compassionate, caring, and professional. She gently nudges you while remaining respectful of your boundaries. She’s not pushy or judgmental. You will not be disappointed!
    May 19, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?
    I was in therapy with Marissa for about 8 months. She was immensely kind and compassionate. She was attentive, remembering details, provided me with sound advice for various issues in my day-to-day life, recommending books and helping me to make sense of things from a different angle. She was always genuine. I never had to wait very long for our sessions to take place. She was not like other therapists I have had previously in that I felt she truly cared for my wellbeing. Marissa was able to help me process and get past roadblocks I have had from traumatic experiences and our sessions were always enjoyable
    May 18, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Marissa Penn, LMSW?

How was your experience with Marissa Penn?

• Social Work