Marie Guillory, MED

Marie Guillory, MED

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Marie Guillory, MED is a counselor in Lubbock, TX. She specializes in counseling, pastoral counseling, and more.Read her story

8015 Vinton Ave

Lubbock, TX 79424

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Marie Guillory

Marie Guillory's bio

This content was provided by Marie Guillory "I have been happily married for over 30 years and have two adult daughters who have graciously blessed me with grandchildren! I am an animal lover as evidenced by my 2 dogs & 2 cats. I am a graduate of Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas and have been in practice since 1997. I have worked as a counselor in a group practice, in the public school system, and now in my own private practice. I have mentored counselors and supervised licensure for a number of therapists. I received my certification in Reality Therapy/Choice Theory at the University of Dublin in Dublin, Ireland where I was privileged to meet Dr. Bill Glasser, the originator of this style of therapy. I am also certified in hypnotherapy, which I use to help those seeking to stop smoking or to lose weight. I am also a Bariatric Counseling Specialist and provide evaluations for individuals considering bariatric surgery. I enjoy my life's work and stay current in my field through frequent trainings and conferences. I love what I do and realize it is my calling in life. None of the credit for my success goes to me but to He who set me on this path. My practice is faith-based, nondenominational, Christian. I have clients who range from strong, devout Christians to Atheists and Agnostics. My goal is to meet everyone where they are in their life's walk and come along side of them for a portion of their journey. I do not push religion or spirituality because I believe that can be counterproductive for some. By the same token, I know God's Word and can use it in session without being offensive to nonbelievers. "

This content was provided by Marie Guillory "Life is a journey full of blessings and hardships. As a Christian counselor, my role is to facilitate your growth through those times of hardship. I know we are all created for a purpose and while I don't believe God puts hardship on us, He does allow struggles to come our way for His expressed purpose. Our role in creation and my role as a therapist, is to assist you in determining how to deal with your hardships to His glory.

All knowledge and counseling success I have experienced is from God and through the power of His Holy Spirit working in me. While I have seen much success in my work with individuals, couples and families, I give God all the glory. It is not I but Him working through me. I am merely His vessel.

God has given us "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth" –the Bible– and the answers to all life's problems are found there. I take a biblical approach using His Word and recognized theoretical approaches to assist you in moving from where you are to where you want to be."

• Counseling
  • Psychotherapy
  • Relationship Counseling
  • School Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Marie Guillory does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
  • Family Counseling

• Texas Tech University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Texas Tech University
    Other Education | Completed 1990

Marie Guillory has no awards or honors listed.

Marie Guillory has no media or publications listed.

Marie Guillory does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Marie Guillory and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Marie Guillory's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Marie Guillory to family and friends

Marie Guillory's Performance

Best counselor out There! She has helped me through some of my toughest times.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Awesome counselor who has helped me heal with kindness and compassion throughout the process.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Ms. Guillory was extremely helpful and I felt my issues were resolved. She listened and explained my psychological conditions and helped me with a plan that was exercised through to completion. I thank God for having this person in this field.
Are you Marie Guillory?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology