Marianne Coad, MAMFT

Marriage & Family Therapy ·  Female

Marianne Coad

Marianne Coad, MAMFT is a marriage & family therapist in Fairfax, VA. She specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.

Make an appointment

Marianne Coad accepts

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Marianne Coad treats your condition or procedure

Marianne Coad's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

Marianne Coad?
Marianne Coad's Performance
What People Say About Marianne Coad, MAMFT
RecentMost Helpful
I sought counseling from Marianne for help in processing complex, broken family relationships and healing from past traumas. As a 58 year old nearly-empty-nest mom, I was drawn to Marianne's warmth. Using EMDR and talk therapy, her skill, experience, and wisdom helped me find healing and the strength to relate in healthier ways. I felt safe with her to face deep hurts, to heal, and to find the courage to move on. I am so grateful for her help, and highly recommend Marianne to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I went to see Marianne after my marriage ended unexpectedly and she was unbelievable at helping me process through all of the feelings of loss, confusion, grief and my new role as a single mother. I cannot say enough positive things about Marianne as a therapist and a person overall - she is so gentle, calming, caring and knowledgable. She helped me tremendously and gave me so many tools that I still utilize to this day to help me when things get tough. I HIGHLY recommend Marianne!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
Marianne is simply amazing. She helped me through an extremely challenging time in my late 20's and I couldn't be more grateful for the hope she gave me for the future. I would recommend Marianne to anyone who is struggling in relationships or with themselves. The lessons I learned while working with her have lasted, and helped me even after I stopped seeing her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
My husband & I are both 50yr professionals. He recently retired from the Navy after 21 year. We came to Marianne desperate to save our marriage. We thought if this didn't work, we would go our separate ways after 24 years. Marianne helped us learn how to communicate respectfully so we both felt "heard".. This re-strengthened our marriage. She also helped with individualized growth. I felt safe talking with her. So thankful for Marianne, She is extremely skilled & a true blessing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
Marianne is a gifted counselor and provided sound advice as my wife and I were moving toward separation. Her counsel and experience were key as we moved forward in the process. Perhaps her most important advice was in how to tell our child and what we needed to consider for that discussion - where, what to say, how to say it... I would definitely go back to her if I needed any further counsel!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I'm a 21 year old female who started going to Marianne shortly after leaving an emotionally abusive relationship of two years. After just a few months of talk therapy and EMDR, she has helped me in ways I never imagined possible. I am no longer affected by the emotional trauma caused by my abusive relationship and I have also been able to work through minor issues from my childhood. I am so thankful for all she's done and would recommend her to absolutely anyone. She's amazing at what she does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I am a 37 year old mother and I work full time. Marianne was recommended to us by a close friend and we had several sessions, both as a couple and individually. She expertly helped us navigate through a very confusing process. Her calm and caring style along with an organized approach kept us on track and moving in the right direction. I would highly recommend Marianne.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
Marianne is the most gifted counselor I know. I received my M.Ed in Counseling thirty years ago, so I have known many, both personally and professionally. She has a very rare combination of knowledge, empathy, insight, and intuitition that goes right to the heart of whatever/whoever is in front of her. I recommend her without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
While addressing childhood trauma experienced by my adopted child, Marianne was able to help me face my own. I am a 55 year old, happily married father of three grown children with over 30 years in the civil service and Reserves. While I consider myself very fortunate in many regards, I had ignored and never dealt with the lingering effect of parental abuse. Working with Marianne has made me a better person, husband, father. I will be forever grateful for what she has done for our family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I was a 36 year old, married mom of 3 boys. My husband and I were blessed to find Marianne through the Tricare website. We went to her for couples therapy after 9 years of marriage. Marianne helped us reconnect, empathisize with each other and learn new ways of communicating. I only wish everyone struggling in their relationships could have Marianne to help. I highly recommend her. She is thoughtful, knowledgeable and effective. ????
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
My husband and I have been married for 6 years and have been seeing Marianne for marriage and family counseling. We have a blended family and she has helped us navigate many of the complex issues that we have faced. We have never worked with a counselor that has so clearly helped us define our problems and work toward very practical and helpful solutions. Marianne deeply cares about her clients and we could not recommend her more highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I'm a 48 year old woman. Marianne helped me get up when I couldn't stand up by myself. She helped me get through the saddest days of my life. I'm getting stronger and more independent with her counseling. She also counsels my kids so they learn how to deal with their hardships. Marianne is so knowledgeable and helps me understand myself better. She is someone I can truly rely on. I would highly recommend Marianne. I'm so blessed to have her as my family counselor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
My husband and I have always been fairly successful people who thought we could deal with virtually anything came that came our way. However after 20 years of marriage and some pretty significant life challenges, we were really struggling to hold onto our marriage. Marianne gave us not only hope, but the tools for us to put things on a better path. With her help, we've been able to not only save our marriage, but also become excited about the next 20 years ahead.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I started supervision with Marianne two years ago as a graduate student upon graduation chose to stay on with her through my residency. She is WONDERFUL! She challenges me to improve my skills while helping my process even my toughest cases. I would absolutely recommend Marianne for anyone looking for a supervisor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
At 50 yrs old, after 27 yrs of marriage, my husband & I went to Marianne for marriage counseling. She was thorough in examining family history/communication/challenges. During counseling I discovered that my husband had been seeing another woman. I subsequently transitioned to 'surviving divorce' counseling. Marianne helped me navigate the emotional roller coaster of disconnecting & moving on. My life seemed over, but with Marianne helping, I felt empowered and positive!
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I am a 27 year old woman who works and goes to school full time. I am married and I live about 45 mins away from Marriane's office. Even though it's a far drive, it's well worth it. I came to Marriane's office to help me through anxiety, depression, and dealing with my past. She has been a blessing to me and has helped/is helping me take control of my thought life. She's sensitive and knowledgeable. I continue to see her and highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
Marianne provided clinical supervision as I worked towards full licensure following graduate school. She encouraged, challenged, supported, and expanded my clinical knowledge in a secure atmosphere. From our earliest interactions, her expectations for both herself and I were clear, and I at no time felt confused or concerned about the process. I felt safe to ask difficult questions, explore new techniques, and have mistakes turn into meaningful learning experiences.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
Marianne is amazing!!! She is very professional, knowledgeable and personable. She has guided me through and given me tools on how to handle personal loss and trauma with EMDR. It has really changed my life reducing anxiety and I have a new found calmness and a stronger belief in myself. Marianne made me feel very comfortable and safe and provided excellent guidance. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for a professional and compassionate therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I am a 20 year old undergraduate student who saw Marianne for nearly two years as she helped me get through a very dark period of my life. I came to see Marianne for individual counseling due to a minor (and later, major) depression episode and we worked through the primary catalysts and circumstances leading up to this episode including anxiety, minor OCD, and imposter syndrome. I learned how to better listen to myself and appreciate that I can get through lower periods in my life. - SG
×Post a ResponseAre you Marianne Coad, MAMFT?
I am a 25 year retired veteran, and a skeptic. When I was having difficulty (job, kids, marriage) I couldn't put my finger on the problem so I could "fix" it. I started seeing Marianne about a year ago and have explored quite a few talk therapies, counseling, EMDR. I can honestly say that I am so much more empowered armed with knowledge and behavior tools than when I began this journey, and I am the stronger it. All of my relationships have improved and I cannot recommend her support enough!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Marianne Coad?

• Sat: 8:30am - 4:30pm