Maria Potter, LCPC

Maria Potter, LCPC

Counseling  ·
Female  ·
Maria Potter, LCPC is a counselor in Burbank, IL. She graduated from Na and specializes in counseling, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read her story

5501 W 79th St Ste 301

Burbank, IL 60459

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Maria Potter

Maria Potter's bio

This content was provided by Maria Potter "I am a professional counselor with over 15 years of experience. I work with children, adolescents and adults. I received my Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from Lewis University in 1996. My experience includes working on psychiatric units of hospitals, child welfare and private practice. Every client is unique and my approach varies depending on the needs of that individual. I believe that the most important factor of successful treatment is not theory or technique, but the quality of the relationship between client and therapist. I believe in focusing on "what works" to help my clients make progress and move toward a healthy and happy life. I am trained in several types of therapeutic interventions and find that using a mixture of these interventions work extremely well. I invite you to contact me if you find yourself in a place of needing guidance or support in overcoming obstacles that are holding you back from where you want to be in your life. My style is compassionate and authentic. I play an active role in therapy and believe in gently challenging clients in both thoughts and behaviors. I will provide a safe environment and a non-judgmental ear for you to explore your life and its infinite possibilities. I specialize in helping people who have been victims of trauma (sexual, emotional or physical abuse; assault; harassment, as well as traumatic injuries, illnesses or accidents) whether as a child or in adulthood. I have also assisted individuals with difficulties related, but not limited to: anxiety, depression, relationship, self-esteem, and parenting issues. Choosing a therapist can be challenging. Feel free to contact me with any questions. If we are not a good fit, I'd be happy to refer you to someone who may be better suited for you. I look forward to potentially working together."

This content was provided by Maria Potter "Every client is unique and my approach varies depending on the needs of that individual. I believe that the most important factor of successful treatment is not theory or technique, but the quality of the relationship between client and therapist. I believe in focusing on "what works" to help my clients make progress and move toward a healthy and happy life. I am trained in several types of therapeutic interventions and find that using a mixture of these interventions work extremely well."

• Counseling
  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Grief and Bereavement
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Maria Potter does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Counseling
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Lewis University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Na
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Lewis University
    Other Education | Completed 1996

Maria Potter has no awards or honors listed.

Maria Potter has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Maria Potter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Maria Potter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Maria Potter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Maria Potter

Maria Potter?
Maria Potter's Performance
What People Say About Maria Potter, LCPC
I have been seeing Maria for just over a year now. I could tell from day one that she had been what I was looking for. I may not have been ready for her but boy was she ready for me. She's not the by the book stiff type. You can tell she cares. You know she's actually listening and not just...Read More
Victoria in Burbank – Sep 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Maria Potter, LCPC?

How was your experience with Maria Potter?