Maria Helena Collins, LPC

Maria Helena Collins, LPC

Counseling  ·
Female
Maria Helena Collins, LPC is a counselor in Memphis, TN. She specializes in counseling.Read her story

6099 Mt Moriah

Memphis, TN 38115

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Maria Helena Collins

Maria Helena Collins' bio

This content was provided by Maria Helena Collins "I was born in the little town named Tarauaca, in the State of Acre in Brazil. Tarauaca had a population of about 250 people, one little church, one small school, and a police station. When I was only 1-year-old my parents decided to relocated to a place called Santa Luzia. They bought that land which was located about 15-20 days by boat far away from Tarauaca. I lived in Santa Luzia - jungle - from 1 to 12-years-of-age. I'd no toys, no dolls, no friends, no church or school attendance. My friends were the singing birds, the wild animals such as snakes, camaliao, cattles, birterflies, fishes, etc. My life was concentrated on 7 days of hard labor working; if I dared to say "no" I was often bitten up specially by my father. At age 13 they moved to a city called Porto Velho, in the State of Rondonia in Brazil where I was enrolled in school at the kindergarten where I did experience hungry, discrimination, bullying, etc., from day one until middle of 5th grade, when I was taken out of school due to a nerves breakdown. Still, even though I did not return to school on my own until I was already a mother of 3 minor children, and living in a real abusive relationship, I escaped being murdered by the father of my children, lost several family members in terrible deaths, but I did return to school, and did not stop until I successfully graduated from college as a guidance counselor and teacher. Still, in 1986 I decided to leave my own country of birth - I continued being stalked - and immigrated to US where b/w 1989-2010 I did borrow a fortune from the US gov to go to school to learn English, Spanish, got my second college degree in Psychology, Teacher's license in 3 different states, Master degree in mental health, passed all examinations and successfully obtained my license in TN; and also successfully completed a doctoral program at Fielding graduate University, and finally, by God's grace I decided to let go of everything and started working on my own as of today. Sorry for my poor English. Maria Helena Vanderlei Collins"

This content was provided by Maria Helena Collins "First, my primary approach to care of others is sort of a tough one: THE ONE WHO DOES NOT LIVE TO SERVE DOES NOT SERVE TO LIVE.

Second, DO NO HARM - which include among other views the fact that IF a professional is faced with a patient who is experiencing a given problem which is out of his/her scope of practice, such professional has to be kind and honest enough to explain to the given patient that such issue is out of his/her area of knowledge and then help that given patient to find a another licensed professional who is skillful in that given area."

• Counseling

Maria Helena Collins does not have any board certifications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• American Psychotherapy Association
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008
  • Fielding Gratuate Institute In St. Barbara, Ca 2010
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2010
  • Master Degree In Mental Health
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Memphis State University 1990 To 1997 Undergraduate Degree In Psychology and Master Degree In Mental Health.
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Nbcc (Inactive), Lpc In Tn
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2009
  • Universidade Do Para, Brasil
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Catholic Charities Of Memphis and Christ Community Outreach Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996

Maria Helena Collins has no awards or honors listed.

Maria Helena Collins has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

• ACA, Member
  • BCPC, Member

Maria Helena Collins' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Maria Helena Collins

Maria Helena Collins?
Maria Helena Collins' Performance

How was your experience with Maria Helena Collins?