Maria Cruz, CNM

Maria Cruz, CNM

Midwifery  ·
Female  ·
Maria Cruz, CNM is a midwife in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from University of Utah in 2013 and specializes in midwifery, dietary management, and more.Read her story

34 S 500 E Ste 207

Salt Lake City, UT 84102

Learn about Maria Cruz

Maria Cruz's bio

This content was provided by Maria Cruz "I am a graduate of the University of Utah Graduate School of nursing. There I earned Doctorate Degrees in Women's Health and Midwifery in 2013. I earned by Bachelor's Degree in 2010 and prior to that I had been working as a nurse for 20 years. The majority of my nursing career has been spent in Labor and Delivery. This is where I found my love for women's health and midwifery and decided to return to school. After graduating from the U of U, I practiced for 2 years in Arizona. I decided to return to my home state to work for the past 3 years for Intermountain, delivering at LDS Hospital. During my time as a provider, I have received many other advanced certificates including ALSO; Advanced Life Support for Obstetrics, Lactation Education Certification, Surgical Assist Certification, Colposcopy Examination Certification, Qualified Bilingual Interpreter, Opioid Use Dependence Management, Eating disorders management, mental health management and Botox and filler training. I am currently advancing and have almost completed my degree to include Family Practice Nurse Practitioner to my title. I have now been given the unique and incredible opportunity to join an amazing midwife and her mission to provide care for many underserved people in our community. I am excited to have joined and to be welcomed with open arms into the family that is Centro de Salud Familiar. I look forward to working with my new partner and to continue to deliver at LDS hospital and will soon be delivering at Salt Lake Regional hospital as well. "

This content was provided by Maria Cruz "We are a non-profit, privately owned medical clinic that cares for patients from all walks of life.  We often serve underserved populations including those who are uninsured or underinsured or those with high deductibles or co-pays.  It is our goal to meet the diverse healthcare needs of each individual seeking our services by using economical, yet personalized, quality-based and evidence-based model of care.  We serve our clients with the kind of dignity that transcends both cultural and socio-economic boundaries.

As midwies, we believe in birth as a normal physiological process, the woman's choice to have the birth she desires and the family's ability to provide the support needed.  We personalize the care we offer to each individual person.  Our model of care combines art and science to provide the most holistic care, grounded in the understanding of the social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, psychological & physical experiences of a woman based on the best available evidence. "

• Midwifery
  • Diabetes Education Nursing
  • Dietary Management
  • Eating Disorders
  • Lactation Consulting
  • Mental Health
  • Nurse Midwifery First Assistant
  • Women's Health Medicine

Maria Cruz does not have any board certifications listed.

• Eating Disorders

• Colposcopy
  • Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Dermal Filler
  • Excision of Lipoma

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Utah
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2010
  • Weber States University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • University of Utah
    Medical School | Graduated 2013
  • OBGYN and Associates of Utah
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2013

Maria Cruz has no awards or honors listed.

Maria Cruz has no media or publications listed.

Maria Cruz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Maria Cruz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Maria Cruz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Maria Cruz to family and friends
Maria Cruz Says:
"

Thank you for your input.  I always strive to do my best.  Please let me know what I can do to better serve your needs

"

Maria was our midwife from day one of my pregnancy and I am so glad she was! She is everything that you want around you during pregnancy and delivery and I had complete faith in her the whole way. My husband asks a LOT of questions and she never once made us feel like we were taking up too much...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Maria Cruz is an exceptional midwife! I found her half way during my first pregnancy. I was unhappy with my OBGYN because I felt she was too pushy and did not listen to my wants and concerns. I wanted to switch to a midwife and found Maria. She is knowledgeable. She is patient. She is personable...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you Kristina! You are very kind. I am looking forward to helping you through baby #2 and any others in the future!