Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD

CounselingFemale

Dr. Prefontaine
8505 San Diego Ct NE Albuquerque, NM 87122

(505) 821-1948

Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD is a Counselor in Albuquerque, NM. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Prefontaine to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

"I have practiced marriage and family therapy for more than 30 years. I have been highly trained in psychotherapy and marriage and family therapy and in effective ways of helping people."

- Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD

• Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for New Mexico

Check if Dr. Prefontaine treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Prefontaine's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Family Counseling

Dr. Prefontaine accepts

(505) 821-1948

Dr. Prefontaine accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Prefontaine

2.3

Dr. Prefontaine?
  • Wait times (9)
  • Appointment scheduling (8)
  • Office environment (7)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (4)
  • Office environment (4)
I had a telehealth visit with her. She told me right away we need to live separately to work out our problems. I should've known right then that this wasn't the therapist for us.She wanted to see my SO separately which was fine. We scheduled a phone call for him and she said she would use my insurance to cover his call. The day before the appointment she called my SO and told him he needed to go in and she needed his cc info. I called her to ask what the mix up was and she said she needed him to come in but I need to do phone visits. I let her know this all seemed sketchy and wanted to cancel. She yelled at me and said I only have 2 options to make a phone appointment or go in, I could not cancel. Well, I lost my cool being told what my options were. She hung up on me. She then had the nerve to still call my SO for an appointment. SMH
Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
This was the worst couples therapist I have ever experienced. Resulted in a lot of damage and almost a divorce. She met with my husband separately on a weekly basis without my knowledge. Then we would meet as a couple later in the week. She was destructive and the only thing accomplished was us turning against each other. She also screwed up the billing with our insurance provider and resulted in us having to spend hours on the phone to get it straightened out. We ultimately were overcharged and ended up being stuck with the bill.
Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
Dr. Prefontaine has been a great help to me. She has taught me how to have healthy relationships and identify when I may be headed down an unhealthy path with a partner. I am no longer with my partner of three years and I am much happier now. Sometimes it takes time to heal and continue with counseling while healing from failed relationships. Also, Dr. Prefontaine has helped me to make better decisions when looking for a new partner to share my life with. I highly recommend her!
Albuquerque, NM – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
In addition to my previous review, my husband and I are now separated, living in two different states and the likelihood of us getting back together are nil. I DO NOT recommend Dr. Prefontaine for marriage counseling. Worst experience for my husband and I EVER! On top of all of this, it is my personal opinion that she wants to continue see couples separately for monetary reasons.
Albuquerque, NM – May 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
Dr. Prefontaine gave my partner and I great advice and now we are happier then we have been in 10 years! thanks again!
Albuquerque, NM – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
I am so glad she is my counselor! I would not have been able to get through all of the ptsd struggles and events in my life if it wasn't for her! She has truly made me see the best in me!
Brittany Marcus in Albuquerque, NM – Mar 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
Went to Dr. Marji for relationship therapy. She doesn't see you together and tells you what you need to change. Got no where with this therapy.
Albuquerque, NM – Aug 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?
We knew our marriage needed help so we sought out counseling. She didn't want to see us as a couple. Within weeks of my partner seeing her she was reading books that were negative and had nothing to do with 'saving a marriage'. Months later my partner moved out and now a divorce is imminent. Dr. Prefontaine even answered her cell phone during my session with her! If you want to help or save your marriage, stay away!
Was married, now single in Albuquerque, NM – Apr 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Prefontaine?

• Counseling

Is Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD accepting new patients?

Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Prefontaine's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Prefontaine accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD's top areas of care?

Dr. Prefontaine frequently treats Anxiety, Depressive Disorders, and Family Counseling. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Prefontaine treats.

Where is Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD's office located?

Dr. Prefontaine's office is located at 8505 San Diego Ct NE, Albuquerque, NM 87122. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Prefontaine has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Marge Prefontaine, PHD?

8505 San Diego Ct NE Albuquerque, NM 87122

Albuquerque Therapy Advanced Counseling Center

Albuquerque Therapy Advanced Counseling Center8505 San Diego Ct NE Albuquerque, NM 87122