Margaret Martin, LCSW

Margaret Martin, LCSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Margaret Martin, LCSW is a psychotherapist in Austin, TX. She specializes in psychotherapy, cognitive & behavioral psychology, and more.Read her story

4534 W Gate Blvd Ste 112

Austin, TX 78745

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Margaret Martin

Margaret Martin's bio

This content was provided by Margaret Martin "My psychotherapy practice focuses on individuals in transition who seek balance, wholeness and healing. I provide individual therapy to adults and couples in any place on their journey towards hope and healing, whether just beginning the healing process or further on their path. On a personal level, I'm a bit of a neuroscience geek and love learning about the latest research regarding how our brains function and how that applies to the healing process. I'm also passionate about knitting and other fiber arts and take almost any opportunity to get crafty."

This content was provided by Margaret Martin "Starting therapy means taking a risk and a good client/therapist relationship is critical. Therapy doesn't work without trust in the therapist. I often hear from clients that they feel safe with me and much more comfortable, especially in the first appointment, than they anticipated. I view myself as a trail guide and support person in the therapeutic process. This is your process and I'm honored to be part of the journey.

My approach to therapy is psychodynamic. This means that I believe that all of our life experiences contribute to who we are as individuals. Gaining a new understanding of past experiences and relationships can help us in our current lives as we develop new coping skills and strategies for living. "

• Psychotherapy
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Couples Counseling
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Women's Health Psychology

Margaret Martin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• University Of Texas At Austin
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • Master Of Science In Social Work, University Of Texas At Austin
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Margaret Martin has no awards or honors listed.

Margaret Martin has no media or publications listed.

Margaret Martin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Margaret Martin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Margaret Martin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Margaret Martin to family and friends
Are you Margaret Martin?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Clinical Psychology